Frenchy newbie aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone! I'm very new to the ecig scene, I always thought it wasn't for me until I read an article about it a few days ago. First of all, let me thank profusely whoever made those stickies in the newbie forums, they are extremely informative, I actually feel like I already know a lot even though I haven't tried it yet! I know it might be harder for me to get what I want since I'm in Canada, but I've already found a couple websites and I really want to give it a shot to get rid of those evil analogs.

I'm still debating whether to start with a 510-T for it's form factor or the eGo-C for the modding possibilities, because of the size... How long does it usually take to get used to the bigger size and way to hold it?

I know I can't expect tobacco flavored juice to taste like a smoke and honestly, I believe it when I see people say their other flavors take over pretty quickly over the tobacco ones. How close are the juice to their respective flavor? What about the soft drinks ones and sweet/desserts based?

I'm already convinced about trying it out, so just tell me your opinions about the kits and juices etc... I'm all ears for other recommendations as well! Thanks in advance guys! :2cool:

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Hello everyone! I'm very new to the ecig scene, I always thought it wasn't for me until I read an article about it a few days ago. First of all, let me thank profusely whoever made those stickies in the newbie forums, they are extremely informative, I actually feel like I already know a lot even though I haven't tried it yet! I know it might be harder for me to get what I want since I'm in Canada, but I've already found a couple websites and I really want to give it a shot to get rid of those evil analogs.

I'm still debating whether to start with a 510-T for it's form factor or the eGo-C for the modding possibilities, because of the size... How long does it usually take to get used to the bigger size and way to hold it?

I know I can't expect tobacco flavored juice to taste like a smoke and honestly, I believe it when I see people say their other flavors take over pretty quickly over the tobacco ones. How close are the juice to their respective flavor? What about the soft drinks ones and sweet/desserts based?

I'm already convinced about trying it out, so just tell me your opinions about the kits and juices etc... I'm all ears for other recommendations as well! Thanks in advance guys! :2cool:

Since you are already open to trying the ego form factor, it will become comfortable pretty quickly. It's like holding a cigar.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
As for the juices, that is a matter of personal preference. Just order sample size bottles of whatever type of flavor strikes your fancy at the moment and build up from there. I started out with tobacco flavors, then went to dessert flavors, then fruit flavors. Once you get an idea of what you like, then order more of the same type of flavor until you find the one you can vape all day long. I can assure you it will be more than one flavor.

I've just recently started mixing my own flavors and that is a whole new hobby area. Enjoy the journey and vape on!

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
As for the juices, that is a matter of personal preference. Just order sample size bottles of whatever type of flavor strikes your fancy at the moment and build up from there. I started out with tobacco flavors, then went to dessert flavors, then fruit flavors. Once you get an idea of what you like, then order more of the same type of flavor until you find the one you can vape all day long. I can assure you it will be more than one flavor.

I've just recently started mixing my own flavors and that is a whole new hobby area. Enjoy the journey and vape on!

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing :) I'm just wondering how close they are to the actual flavor they represent.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing :) I'm just wondering how close they are to the actual flavor they represent.

Be prepared to totally hate some, and totally love some. Because taste is subjective, something I think is totally yummy may be totally disgusting to you. Keep in mind too, that your taste buds will change very quickly in the first few days/weeks after you start vaping. You may find a juice that you think is ambrosia, and then a week later put it aside because it doesn't taste anything like it did in the beginning.

Be patient, try not to go hog wild spending a fortune in your quest to buying new liquid looking for the fountain of heavenly flavor, lol. There are many vendors here in the forum that sell good quality juice, some of them offer sample packs for $8 or $12.

One of the fears in the beginning is running out of juice before your order comes in. What I did was get a bottle of USP Glycerin from CVS and some distilled water. Dilute it at around 15% to 20% distilled water and vape that until your order arrives. It won't have nic in it, but you'll be surprised how satisfying a vape it is with a slight sweet taste. The first time I did this I realized that I could cut down on nic in the juice and I'm now vaping 3mg nic and sometime 0 nic with the juices I mix.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Be prepared to totally hate some, and totally love some. Because taste is subjective, something I think is totally yummy may be totally disgusting to you. Keep in mind too, that your taste buds will change very quickly in the first few days/weeks after you start vaping. You may find a juice that you think is ambrosia, and then a week later put it aside because it doesn't taste anything like it did in the beginning.

Be patient, try not to go hog wild spending a fortune in your quest to buying new liquid looking for the fountain of heavenly flavor, lol. There are many vendors here in the forum that sell good quality juice, some of them offer sample packs for $8 or $12.

One of the fears in the beginning is running out of juice before your order comes in. What I did was get a bottle of USP Glycerin from CVS and some distilled water. Dilute it at around 15% to 20% distilled water and vape that until your order arrives. It won't have nic in it, but you'll be surprised how satisfying a vape it is with a slight sweet taste. The first time I did this I realized that I could cut down on nic in the juice and I'm now vaping 3mg nic and sometime 0 nic with the juices I mix.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me your experience, I really appreciate it!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Welcome to ECF. After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and request a Cdn Vendors list via pm:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html
The 510-T is 150 mah and the 510-TXL is 280 mah. 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before battery recharge.
The eGo-C fires at 3.4 volts. The Kgo/ Riva fires at 3.7 volts. The diff is noticeable.
Here's the 1100 mah Kgo:
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

And here's a review not only for performance but also for size:

The Best of Luck.

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Welcome to ECF. After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and request a Cdn Vendors list via pm:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html

The 510-T is 150 mah and the 510-TXL is 280 mah. 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before battery recharge.
The eGo-C fires at 3.4 volts. The Kgo/ Riva fires at 3.7 volts. The diff is noticeable.
Here's the 1100 mah Kgo:
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

And here's a review not only for performance but also for size:

The Best of Luck.

Thanks Vapoor, awesome video review btw! It made me realize the 510-T is definitely not for me.

Bonjour! Ça va?
Your going to find getting a tobacco flavour which will taste like Canadian cigarettes to be impossible. Its been a long time since I vaped any tobacco flavourings but when I did... They all sucked quite equally (my opinion). That being said, it was however some time ago.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting your orders. I'm in Manitoba and I have only had one issue. I was ordering from China so my order went through customs in Vancouver. I received my parcel with a little love letter from The Controlled Substance Office of Health Canada. It pretty much said "You can have your nicotine now... but if you order more within three months it will be seized"

ever since that experience I've been ordering only from the United Kingdom and on occasion from the states. Shipping and customs clear much faster and go much smoother when ordering from the UK and/or other countries within the Commonwealth.

If you're looking for an alternative to a tobacco flavour... I used to make a half/half blend of a strong coffee VG with a vanilla PG with a drop of lime extract... it was sublime!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. Ordering hardware from the U.S. is fine but juice is hit and miss with Customs. Check the Cdn Vendors List but I've found the most reasonably priced Hardware Vendor is www.CANVAPE.com He's ECF listed/ verified and has a large and loyal following. If you find something you like always check his prices before ordering...chances are he's selling for less.

Great idea!!! Thanks for the tip :D

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
welcome to the forum! Firstly, I would go with a eGo Twist 1000 mAh, if you've not already ordered something, and look into something like a Mini Vivi Nova, or the latest gadget, the Splitfire clearomiser.

On juices: There's just all kinds of juices out there, and to attempt to suggest what one may like is entirely subjective. As far as tobacco juice, I like Highbrow Tabac de Perique, however, it must be steeped, (aged) for at least 2 weeks before using it. I also like some of the fruit flavored juices, while others prefer desert type, gooey sweet stuff. There are those who like RY4 tobacco flavorings. I haven't tried RY4, and different vendors seem to mix it differently.

How much do you currently smoke? Choosing the strength of the nicotine content should be based on your current consumption of analogs, as we call them here.

This is a great place to learn, and there are many knowledgeable members here!

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Bonjour! Ça va?
Your going to find getting a tobacco flavour which will taste like Canadian cigarettes to be impossible. Its been a long time since I vaped any tobacco flavourings but when I did... They all sucked quite equally (my opinion). That being said, it was however some time ago.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting your orders. I'm in Manitoba and I have only had one issue. I was ordering from China so my order went through customs in Vancouver. I received my parcel with a little love letter from The Controlled Substance Office of Health Canada. It pretty much said "You can have your nicotine now... but if you order more within three months it will be seized"

ever since that experience I've been ordering only from the United Kingdom and on occasion from the states. Shipping and customs clear much faster and go much smoother when ordering from the UK and/or other countries within the Commonwealth.

If you're looking for an alternative to a tobacco flavour... I used to make a half/half blend of a strong coffee VG with a vanilla PG with a drop of lime extract... it was sublime!

Allo! Ca va très bien merci et toi? ;)

I actually hate the taste of Canadian cigarettes, I used to smoke Marlboro Reds until I couldn't get them anymore and I've been on Camels for the past few years. I understand I can't find the actual taste and I don't really mind, I'll still try some tobacco in the beginning but I have a feeling I'll really enjoy vaping different flavors. I'll try ordering only from supplies within Canada just to be on the safe side of things. Thanks for your input!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Actually the Jokesmoke from JUGHEADS.co We've Got the Vapors ! in Calgary is highly regarded. There's Jugheads thread in the Cdn Forum.
Welcome To Maple Leaf Vapes in Ontario also has great juice
Cigarettes électroniques, e-cigarette, Electronic Cigarette - Vaporium in Quebec has good juice...
2055 Rue Roy
Sherbrooke, Qc
J1K 1B8
Téléphone: (819) 791-ECIG (3244)
Best to get samples and make sure you buy an atomizer with your kit- easy to test new juices and clean.

Allo! Ca va très bien merci et toi? ;)

I actually hate the taste of Canadian cigarettes, I used to smoke Marlboro Reds until I couldn't get them anymore and I've been on Camels for the past few years. I understand I can't find the actual taste and I don't really mind, I'll still try some tobacco in the beginning but I have a feeling I'll really enjoy vaping different flavors. I'll try ordering only from supplies within Canada just to be on the safe side of things. Thanks for your input!

the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
welcome to the forum! Firstly, I would go with a eGo Twist 1000 mAh, if you've not already ordered something, and look into something like a Mini Vivi Nova, or the latest gadget, the Splitfire clearomiser.

On juices: There's just all kinds of juices out there, and to attempt to suggest what one may like is entirely subjective. As far as tobacco juice, I like Highbrow Tabac de Perique, however, it must be steeped, (aged) for at least 2 weeks before using it. I also like some of the fruit flavored juices, while others prefer desert type, gooey sweet stuff. There are those who like RY4 tobacco flavorings. I haven't tried RY4, and different vendors seem to mix it differently.

How much do you currently smoke? Choosing the strength of the nicotine content should be based on your current consumption of analogs, as we call them here.

This is a great place to learn, and there are many knowledgeable members here!

I've heard a lot of recommendations about the eGo model, I was worried about the size at first but now I'm pretty sure that's what I want. I currently smoke about 25-30 analogs a day, from what I've read so far, I was thinking of starting with something like 24mg and try some 18mg in between to see the difference. Thanks for your reply btw :)

I know taste is subjective, but in my original post I was asking if most flavors taste like they're supposed to? Does the Cappuccino/Dr. Pepper/Fruit flavors taste like Cappuccino, Dr. Pepper and the actual fruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread