Frenzy kit by Geekvape...Charlie takes a close look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks for replies

Ido understand everyone points, what I am asking is subjective information, for each of you. Too many variables here with juice components, I know. Just want to see general situation.
One way or the other, I already ordered Frenzy and Caliburn (for flavor and clouds), Minifit (can be rewicked and coil can be cleaned, also small wattage mean small clouds for stealth vaping), Uboat (reported as very tight draw in small package) and Vladdin (tight draw as well, recommended here), will learn them the hard way.

I'm not the best judge for coil life on this, since I use a sweet tobacco, which I find sort of hides finished coils; but I get at least a week+ a ideal taste, and I've gone a good 2 weeks before changing...but even then, it was just cause it felt like time, and not because I needed to. I haven't hit the wall for 'must change coil' yet.

But again, I'm not sure how it would be with a pure fruit for instance. For as cheap as the coils are, I'm impressed with coil life.

Very open to interpretation. Some people state that they vape 1 pod per day, others 1 pod per few days, what is 2 weeks, 14 tanks or 7 or even less? Any guesstimates?

• Useful
Reactions: charlie1465

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks for replies

Ido understand everyone points, what I am asking is subjective information, for each of you. Too many variables here with juice components, I know. Just want to see general situation.
One way or the other, I already ordered Frenzy and Caliburn (for flavor and clouds), Minifit (can be rewicked and coil can be cleaned, also small wattage mean small clouds for stealth vaping), Uboat (reported as very tight draw in small package) and Vladdin (tight draw as well, recommended here), will learn them the hard way.

Very open to interpretation. Some people state that they vape 1 pod per day, others 1 pod per few days, what is 2 weeks, 14 tanks or 7 or even less? Any guesstimates?

Good point, at least a tank a day on average, since it's not the only thing I use, so I'd guess at least 10 refills. I'll say they don't last as long as those Caliburn pods, but the price is also about half those, so it evens out.

• Agree

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Good point, at least a tank a day on average, since it's not the only thing I use, so I'd guess at least 10 refills. I'll say they don't last as long as those Caliburn pods, but the price is also about half those, so it evens out.

Thanks a bunch, this is exactly the answer I was looking for.
Since I am going to get both of them, I would know how to plan my coil supplies in advance (holiday sales).

DeeJay LaughLee

Jul 1, 2019
Any suggestions on the Frenzy coils? I have had one for about a week now and am going through a coil after one tank. I have used 1.2 and 1.6 kanthals. I am using a 24mg nicsalt I mix myself with no sweetener and it is a clear juice. I have tried everything I can think of that has worked for me for the last 6 years of vaping and cannot get more than 2ml of juice before dry hits. I am filling way early. Only thing that helps ios to burp tank after every 3 hits but this only helps for a few hours then it is disgusting. Juice is not getting to coils. If no one has a solution anyone want a Frenzy and a few packs of coils? Beyond disappointed at this point.

• Informative

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Any suggestions on the Frenzy coils? I have had one for about a week now and am going through a coil after one tank. I have used 1.2 and 1.6 kanthals. I am using a 24mg nicsalt I mix myself with no sweetener and it is a clear juice. I have tried everything I can think of that has worked for me for the last 6 years of vaping and cannot get more than 2ml of juice before dry hits. I am filling way early. Only thing that helps ios to burp tank after every 3 hits but this only helps for a few hours then it is disgusting. Juice is not getting to coils. If no one has a solution anyone want a Frenzy and a few packs of coils? Beyond disappointed at this point.

Interesting, I've never had a dry hit, but I'm using 50/50. I know most nic salts are that ratio, but any chance you're doing a higher VG mix? I've heard that these little coils don't handle something like 70vg very well.

Maybe try different airflow settings; if it's all the way open, maybe closing a down a bit more will create some more pressure. The only other thing I can think- are you maybe vaping it backward and using your pointer finger to fire? I saw someone mention that on a video, that it'll feed the juice the wrong way if you do that since gravity is going the other way.

• Useful

DeeJay LaughLee

Jul 1, 2019
Interesting, I've never had a dry hit, but I'm using 50/50. I know most nic salts are that ratio, but any chance you're doing a higher VG mix? I've heard that these little coils don't handle something like 70vg very well.

Maybe try different airflow settings; if it's all the way open, maybe closing a down a bit more will create some more pressure. The only other thing I can think- are you maybe vaping it backward and using your pointer finger to fire? I saw someone mention that on a video, that it'll feed the juice the wrong way if you do that since gravity is going the other way.

I am using 50/50 juice and always vape it with the coil submerged (using left hand thumb to push button). I am at my wits end. Tried poking holes in cotton, still dry hits after about 2ml of liquid (filling it when only about 1ml is used and coil is always above lowest setting. I am thinking there is a flaw in the tank itself as I feel there is too much space at top of coil and this is where I am losing vacuum. I may try stacking two orings at top of coil to prevent this. Something is way off for sure and I am about to throw it in the trash.

• Informative

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I am using 50/50 juice and always vape it with the coil submerged (using left hand thumb to push button). I am at my wits end. Tried poking holes in cotton, still dry hits after about 2ml of liquid (filling it when only about 1ml is used and coil is always above lowest setting. I am thinking there is a flaw in the tank itself as I feel there is too much space at top of coil and this is where I am losing vacuum. I may try stacking two orings at top of coil to prevent this. Something is way off for sure and I am about to throw it in the trash.

That's a serious bummer, sounds like something is off. Just to say out loud my last thoughts- are you priming the coils and letting them soak awhile before initial use? I put about 3 drops in the top of one, and leave it for an hour (just to always play it extra safe) but at least 10min. Then I give a couple non-firing pulls to make sure the juice gets flowing.

And maybe you got a bad pack of coils- was the initial 1.2 the same? You may also want to try the 1.2 316 SS made for this, that should somewhat prevent dry hits. Just note the Flint 1.2 coils are different I recently found out.

Other than that, it could be the pod, or who knows, maybe you got a dud unit that's not reading the coil right, and ramping up too hot, therefore burning the coils. Just a theory. Maybe try keeping it on the lowest setting to see if that still does it.

DeeJay LaughLee

Jul 1, 2019
That's a serious bummer, sounds like something is off. Just to say out loud my last thoughts- are you priming the coils and letting them soak awhile before initial use? I put about 3 drops in the top of one, and leave it for an hour (just to always play it extra safe) but at least 10min. Then I give a couple non-firing pulls to make sure the juice gets flowing.

And maybe you got a bad pack of coils- was the initial 1.2 the same? You may also want to try the 1.2 316 SS made for this, that should somewhat prevent dry hits. Just note the Flint 1.2 coils are different I recently found out.

Other than that, it could be the pod, or who knows, maybe you got a dud unit that's not reading the coil right, and ramping up too hot, therefore burning the coils. Just a theory. Maybe try keeping it on the lowest setting to see if that still does it.

I am priming the coils. I have tried only Flint coils at this point as they are supposed to work and I don't want to use the .7 stock coil or the SS coil as I do not care for temp control. I will give the temp control a try tonight to see if that works out. The .7 coil is not going to work with the nic salts I make. Shame, a $10 cheap stick is outperforming this thing with my same juice. My Vladdin can go a week of heavy use on one pod. This thing cant go through 2mls without giving up. I am looking for something to downsize from sub ohms and thought this was the ticket. I would not suggest this product to anyone at this point.

If you have any info on why the Flint coils don't work please enlighten me. I hope that is the issue and the SS coil works out for me. Not a lot of money I just haven't been happy with sub ohms for several years and the Vladdin gave me hope. Auto draw is just not a good idea as the juice leaks into the auto draw hole and tightens the draw until I get a headache trying to get the device to work. First month with Vladdin was great before draw got too tight due to above issue.

Thanks for the help!

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I'm using the Frenzy now for shop trips and general discrete vaping, using Hangsen Hi-PG 18 mg with the 1.6 Ohm coil at the lowest power setting (white LED).
I'm replacing the coil after five refills of the pod, or one 10 ml bottle.
The coil is still producing vapor at this point, but the wick is completely black and it overheats, muting the flavor excessively.
Someone may find acceptable to use the coil until it produces vape, which would be 20 ml of eliquid in the same conditions, but I don't.
I was using the Orchid before because I can fine tune the power to my style, but that little advantage come to triple of the cost of the Frenzy together with limited number of vape shops selling the pods.

My experience so far, for Orion & copycat styled pod systems, leads to a simple recommendation: avoid those pod systems without replaceable coils, as the running costs are trebled, plus there is no warranty on bogus replacement pods - which amounts to an abuse (and a commercial mistake) from the traders - in my opinion.

The spare pods are too expensive to be warranted DOA only; all the defective pods I received do produce vapor, but they either do gurgle or make dry hits continuatively, they are non-functional and neither are DOA.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I am priming the coils. I have tried only Flint coils at this point as they are supposed to work and I don't want to use the .7 stock coil or the SS coil as I do not care for temp control. I will give the temp control a try tonight to see if that works out. The .7 coil is not going to work with the nic salts I make. Shame, a $10 cheap stick is outperforming this thing with my same juice. My Vladdin can go a week of heavy use on one pod. This thing cant go through 2mls without giving up. I am looking for something to downsize from sub ohms and thought this was the ticket. I would not suggest this product to anyone at this point.

If you have any info on why the Flint coils don't work please enlighten me. I hope that is the issue and the SS coil works out for me. Not a lot of money I just haven't been happy with sub ohms for several years and the Vladdin gave me hope. Auto draw is just not a good idea as the juice leaks into the auto draw hole and tightens the draw until I get a headache trying to get the device to work. First month with Vladdin was great before draw got too tight due to above issue.

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of temp control on paper, but honestly it's not that different with this since it's such low wattage. Worth a try for sure.

I actually just found out that the coils are different than the Flint, since they look the same. And they should work, just not in temp control...so honestly I'm not sure what's up with that. But the 1.2 that came with it is your best bet I think. And places like myvpro have started to specifically carry that one if it works out.

• Agree

DeeJay LaughLee

Jul 1, 2019
I gotta agree about that 1.2 coil. I’ve been using nothing but the 1.6 since that is more my style. Also never tried TC. Well for the heck of it I tried the 1.2ss and really like it. As a matter of fact I just ordered two packs from myvpro! No dry hits!
WHat kind of life are you getting out of the 1.2? I have tried the 1.2 and 1.6 kanthal (Flint coils) and they are about useless. Flavor is non existent and the coils have major dry hits non stop if I don't constantly burp the tank and eventually flood it. I have not tried the SS temp control coil yet but will tonight. Not sure what to make of this thing. I have plenty of experience with RTA's, dripping atomizers, replaceable coils, etc. Been vaping heavily for 6 or 7 years so I am not new to the tips and tricks. I am thinking this is just a dud of a unit or something. Shame.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Only been using the SS for couple of days so can’t speak to longevity. I would get dry hits some with the 1.6, but not a one with the 1.2ss.

That’s a big deal to me. One of the main reasons I went to Squonk was I never owned a tank or RTA that didn’t give dry hits. With a Squonk RDA set up I could control the saturation of the wick and keep it right.

I guess I vape weird, plus I DIY unflavored nic salt, so I REALLY taste the burn.

• Informative

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I've never tried the flint coils but honestly, I like the 1.2ss coils better than the .7 mesh. I say that as someone that has never had any luck with TC. All I ever get with TC is garbage hits which seem like I barley got any vapor. That's why I just gave up on it. With the Frenzy I never got one of those type of hits. Just a consistent hit time after time. I wish I had some type of advise about the coil issues but I chain vape with this thing at times and never got a dry hit (with both the .7 and 1.2 ss coil). As for coil life, it's about time to change the original but have to empty the tank up. Got about 10-12 refills on it.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
I have used 1.2 and 1.6 kanthals.

using Hangsen Hi-PG 18 mg with the 1.6 Ohm coil at the lowest power setting (white LED)

I would get dry hits some with the 1.6,

Sorry for an interruption, I just ordered Frenzy with Frenzy coils, does Flint coils work in Frenzy as well, minus dry hits time to time?
As I am looking for stealth vaping, 1.6 ohm seems perfect for me!

Appreciate any responses.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Thanks a lot for those comments, as I am looking for a stealth MTL vape, clouds are my enemy at this point, and I am planning to use 1.2 ohm coil for Salts, so everything as it should be, for me! HAPPY.
Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad that my review was helpful.

I can't tell you much about the longevity of the coils as I test all my review products for as minimum of 10 days unless I have time to test for longer. So all I can tell you is that I had no problems with the 1.2 coil which I had in the frenzy for not less than a week.

Juice consumption depends on how much you hit the device but I would say on average a complete refill would last most of the day.

I hope this helps :)

Completely agree, see above.

One question to Frenzy owners. How long coils last, how many tank refills, especially 1.2 ohm? I can not find an answer to this question for the past 2 days, too much time spent already for this little poppy.

Thanks for the review Charlie.

Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad that my review was helpful.

I can't tell you much about the longevity of the coils as I test all my review products for as minimum of 10 days unless I have time to test for longer. So all I can tell you is that I had no problems with the 1.2 coil which I had in the frenzy for not less than a week.

Juice consumption depends on how much you hit the device but I would say on average a complete refill would last most of the day.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fredman1

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Heey...OP here :) Sorry to the guys who are experiencing problems. I don't know if this will help but I hope so....

With all of the pod devices that I have reviewed there is a reasonably long break in period. And by that I mean flavour can be a bit strange until you have taken quite a few draws on the unit. It's almost like there is a residue that needs to clear out before it vape correctly, and I have found this on most pod systems...

No device can accommodate everyone needs and vaping style. For example my style is quite relaxed these days (it didn't used to be) and I rarely chain vape. It may be that the Frenzy coils simply aren't designed for the way that you vape or you are chain vaping too much. Another point is we always should test multiple packs of replacement coils as we are all well aware that quality sometimes can be hit and miss. I would guess that the bad experiences here have been due to one of the above.

Just one thing to add and that is that I preferred the 1.2 coils for both flavour and vape so those are the ones that I would recommend. The flint coils do fit but you can hardly complain if an ''unintended for device coil'' doesn't work too well :)

My reviews are as unbiased as possible and I try and stay away from the subjective elements as much as is humanly possible to make sure that the review is helpful to a broad section of the vaping community....My advice? Give it another go with a new coil :D

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
WHat kind of life are you getting out of the 1.2? I have tried the 1.2 and 1.6 kanthal (Flint coils) and they are about useless. Flavor is non existent and the coils have major dry hits non stop if I don't constantly burp the tank and eventually flood it...

My experience with 1.2 and 1.6 ohm coils has been the polar opposite.
Very satisfied of the vape produced, yet to experience a single dry hit.

I didn't doubt your experience for a split second.
I am located at the other side of the big pond, and just about everything the supply chain is different.
Also, the Frenzies I have, gave me the impression they left the manufacturing facility just few days before.

Usually - QC issues, different subcontractors and parallel logistics are the culprits for such different behaviour of the same vape setups or component parts.

Can't say for sure, but one or more of the above factors maybe playing a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread