Frenzy kit by Geekvape...Charlie takes a close look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I got the Frenzy I won a couple of days ago, and I have to say - it's pretty stellar so far. First time I've had a pod that I vaped more than my RTA all day, first day. Okay, part of it is just getting used to it. It's not as good as my favorite True MTL, but for a pod, I seriously could use this as a main device if I had to. I guess that could be true of a couple of other pods I've had, but it would've been a much bigger sacrifice.

If it only had an rba option like the Pasito, I might have already said it's "the one." Maybe they're working on that. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to order some coils, an extra pod or 2, and mix up some more of my "pod juice" (higher pg and nic, mixed with non-NET tobacco that I use for pods).

I kind of like that even though the hit isn't as intense as my True, I'm using less juice per hit, and less over all, yet still satisfied.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
With all of the pod devices that I have reviewed there is a reasonably long break in period. And by that I mean flavour can be a bit strange until you have taken quite a few draws on the unit. It's almost like there is a residue that needs to clear out before it vape correctly, and I have found this on most pod systems...

I wonder if that's due to tanks or design. The SMOK Novo for example has the airflow running over the circuit board and nasty glue. Even months later I still taste glue and plastic. It's too bad, because I like the design,but can't get over the nasty taste. I ended up getting another pod system that tastes better to me.

Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I wonder if that's due to tanks or design. The SMOK Novo for example has the airflow running over the circuit board and nasty glue. Even months later I still taste glue and plastic. It's too bad, because I like the design,but can't get over the nasty taste. I ended up getting another pod system that tastes better to me.
You may have something there regarding the airflow but I personally think it's the coils and chamber sizes producing a saturated and intense vapour which then of course picks up other odours too :)

It vanishes completely after the break in period and I know of lots of other coils (not just pods) which have a similar break in period.......good lateral thinking though :thumb:

Reactions: DarrenMG

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
I finally gave into the pod craze and picked up a Frenzy. I have to vape 100% VG juices so I was concerned about wicking and coil life, but the Frenzy with the .7 coil has no problem with this even when I occasionally chain-vape. I get my juices from Velvet Cloud and some of the juices are quite muted in the Frenzy but their Mt. Shasta works really well. Does anyone know how long these little pod mod batteries last when used daily? I bought another as I don’t like to vape while charging. I enjoy throat hits as much as flavour and the Frenzy delivers better than my Aspire tanks.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I finally gave into the pod craze and picked up a Frenzy. I have to vape 100% VG juices so I was concerned about wicking and coil life, but the Frenzy with the .7 coil has no problem with this even when I occasionally chain-vape. I get my juices from Velvet Cloud and some of the juices are quite muted in the Frenzy but their Mt. Shasta works really well. Does anyone know how long these little pod mod batteries last when used daily? I bought another as I don’t like to vape while charging. I enjoy throat hits as much as flavour and the Frenzy delivers better than my Aspire tanks.
Yeah, I struggle with the same thing. I use all VG, and it's great in my rta. But all pods taste a little weak with it. I tried some 50/50 in my Vladdin, just to see if I could use it now. Tasted awesome, but I can't use that much pg. So I'm going to try to mix up some 70/30, and see if that causes me issues.

I tried the Frenzy with my standard, and it wasn't so great at first, but after about 1ml, flavor & th improved. So maybe I can tolerate some pg these days. I'll see.

Can't help you with the battery life, haven't had mine long enough and I've been using the 1.2 But obviously, the .7 won't last as long as the 1.2.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Quick question
Due to the Frenzy pod extremely dark plastic and lower portion is completely impenetrable to light, how do you know that your tank is empty, to avoid drying out wick? Anything I missed?
Still getting use to this thing.
Yeah, it's dark, like so many of them. It's annoying, but most companies have chosen aesthetics over function. You can hold it up to just about any light, even your computer, and check the level. Easier to see with the drip tip side down.

Also, if you're using the 1.2, it's going to be in temp control mode, so it won't (theoretically - I haven't tried it yet) fire if it's near empty.

I'll deal with the dark pod, if the give me an rta option. I'm really liking this one though.

Reactions: DarrenMG

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My experience with pod systems Li-Poly batteries is as follows.

I got an average of one hundred full cycles, which corresponds to three months of continuative use - if you charge the pod device once a day.

As I use the pod systems as companion devices, so one cycle can last two to three days, which computes approximately into one year of use.

I can ensure you that, in one year time, other situations will take precedence in destroying the little devices.

In six months I broke the retaining clips on a Breeze 2, air travel killed a Smok Fit, and a flood destroyed a Nautilus AIO.

If you manage to reach the pod battery end-of-life, have my most felt commendation for your skill and ability with vape devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread