Friday Vape Mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Turned out to be a good Friday, my vape mail arrived from fasttech!

IMG_20150925_225544_edit.jpg

A Lemo v2 RTA and three Fountain v2 RSA's

:banana:

Gave them all a bath to remove the machine oil, and now ready to start building!

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that one of the Fountain's is in pieces, that's because I managed to crack the glass tank on re-assembling :facepalm:

The Lemo v2 came with a pre-installed 0.5ohm single coil, so I guess it's first up :)

Anyone know if this coil is a good vape? Otherwise I'll just get on and build one.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
@Caterpiller Woooo! I'm getting my coils for my Nautilus Mini today... Found a 40% off sale so I stocked up :)

As far as the prebuilt coil... I usually use those as a guide, but built with my own kanthal as I find that the coils in those are usually made with a funky kanthal lol

I went ahead with the pre-built, vapes fine, but not to impressed with the flavour. I may have been spoilt by my Goblin Mini.

I'll try it again with my own coils and different airflow settings, over the next few days.

How long ago did you order?

Exactly 20 days from order to delivery. FastTech to Malaysia.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Nice score @Caterpiller! Looking forward to hearing how those squonkomizers work.

Waiting on a delivery as well, USA Ohm Meter and some DIY stuff from Wizard Labs. Gotta love vape mail just in time for the weekend! :thumbs:

Thanks @ReigntheGamer
Haven't had the time to build the Fountain's yet. Hopefully tonight.

I'll let you know :)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
@Caterpiller Woooo! I'm getting my coils for my Nautilus Mini today... Found a 40% off sale so I stocked up :)

As far as the prebuilt coil... I usually use those as a guide, but built with my own kanthal as I find that the coils in those are usually made with a funky kanthal lol

Funky Kanthal, ya, that describes it. Twice Iv tried to use the pre-made coils that have come with a FT RDA. The first, they melted right off the bat at about half burst. The second time, I actually had them running but they tasted kind of oily?, so I whet to change the wick I burst them a couple of times and zap, on a good long burst, they melted too. Iv never seen a coil melt that Iv built from known A1. Kinda "funky" to say the least. SMH?

Id be interested to hear how the plastic tanks in those RSA`s hold up to the heat?

Reactions: Liskrig

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Funky Kanthal, ya, that describes it. Twice Iv tried to use the pre-made coils that have come with a FT RDA. The first, they melted right off the bat at about half burst. The second time, I actually had them running but they tasted kind of oily?, so I whet to change the wick I burst them a couple of times and zap, on a good long burst, they melted too. Iv never seen a coil melt that Iv built from known A1. Kinda "funky" to say the least. SMH?

Id be interested to hear how the plastic tanks in those RSA`s hold up to the heat?

Yeh the prebuilt coil does seem to taste a bit off. Not sure I blame FastTech though, as I believe the coil is part of the Lemo v2 packaging, and therefore provided by the manufacturer.

That's iSmoka manufacturing o behalf o Eleaf.

The tank in the Fountain v2 RSA is glass, with a plastic bottle and feed tube.

All squonkers use plastic bottles and feed tubes, although in a traditional design the bottle is further away from the atty (heat source).

I've not heard of anyone having problems with these.

I'd tend to be more concerned with the plastic component in the top cap, part of the airflow control.

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Built both of my remaining. Fountain v2 RSA's

28g, 2.5mm ID, 7wraps, Dual Coil, 0.65ohms.

The squonk mechanism works great, they are easy to build on, and produce surprisingly good vapour and flavour at 35w.

IMG_20150926_155356_edit.jpg

Very happy :)

These will go nicely into my modest collection

IMG_20150926_162245_edit.jpg

After 6 months of vaping I've discovered I'm not a tootlepuffer after all!

Well not all the time anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread