The Rocket is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloBore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cale America
Vape mail today contained my Rocket, a kayfun (not 91%) clone.

In the box;

Assembled rba with wick installed

Spare wick/wire

Spare set screws and allen wrench

Spare binding post screws and screwdriver

Instruction manual, very basic

The unit was incredibly clean compared to others I've taken out of the box but it still got a good bath. The threads are pretty rough but serviceable and will probably smooth out over time. The pre-assembled coil ohmed out to 2.0 ohms with no hot spots so I decided to leave it in place and give it a try. I dried everything off, adjusted the air flow and added my favorite juice, GeJ Analog and lit 'er up on my Vamo V2 set at 8 watts. Clouds of rich, thick vapor and no dry or gurgly hits or leaks so far. I'll vape it heavy this weekend and report back on Saturday night or Sunday on how it's fairing. Looking good so far.

Last edited:

BuffaloBore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cale America
Rocket.jpg

Update;

The Rocket started leaking juice out of the air hole about 3ml into the first tank so I pulled the factory installed coil/wick and replaced it with a 2mm figure 8 silica and 7 turns of 28 ga Kanthal for 1.4 ohms. No more leaks and about 8ml of juice through it since the rebuild. For $24.99 plus shipping it was worth a try and I'm not disappointed in the least.
The fit and finish are decent but I have no idea what this thing is made of, I've read on the Chinese sites that it's copper, aluminum, and stainless steel so take your pick.

Vape on Brothers

BuffaloBore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cale America
how's filling it? i watched a video (not in english) and it looked like he was getting quite frustrated!

Using the fill screw on the base is a pita and completely unnecessary. The best way to fill is to just unscrew the top cap with the drip tip attached and add juice, wa-a-a-ay easier and no spills or flooding!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Using the fill screw on the base is a pita and completely unnecessary. The best way to fill is to just unscrew the top cap with the drip tip attached and add juice, wa-a-a-ay easier and no spills or flooding!
i'll probably buy one when i can find it cheap enough. always like a new toy to play with ;)

BuffaloBore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cale America
i'll probably buy one when i can find it cheap enough. always like a new toy to play with ;)

I got mine from AJS Vapor , just checked the site and they show 13 in stock. Pretty hard to beat for the bucks. That said I'm going to go ahead and order a Kayfun 3.1 now that I know the design is a solid one, easy to build and fill. It doesn't just get much better than that.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I got mine from AJS Vapor , just checked the site and they show 13 in stock. Pretty hard to beat for the bucks. That said I'm going to go ahead and order a Kayfun 3.1 now that I know the design is a solid one, easy to build and fill. It doesn't just get much better than that.

thats a good price. maybe ill sign up and see how much shipping is, some US sites only charge $7-12 and some charge $20-32 to ship up here :(

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Just ordered one. Got it at Fasttech for $13.37
To me it's worth a try at that price.
I have a Russian 91% which I like a lot but wasn't willing to pay $90+ for a 2nd one.
that's great. now, thats the price i wanted to pay to play with one of these! thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread