Friend gave me a ODY imitation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
It ended up in the garbage after just 10 minutes of playing with it. These imitations are a disgrace to the originals. The threading is terrible. The orings dont fit. The mouth peice is loose...... I could go on and on. I just want to say that my GG atties have never given me one problem, they can take the daily abuse and rebuilding month after month and still work like the day i received them.

Thank you Imeo for making such great products that last the test of time and just plain work. Keep it up I will always support your work. If china keeps making this crap eventually everyone will turn to GG because they actually work!

Sorry for the rant just had to express how dissatisfied and disgusted I was with the abomination of a atomizer I handled that doesnt even come close to what it is trying to imitate

Jon

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont own a copy but I am very glad to hear an opinion like that from a user like you glaus!:)
I was more than sure that cheap copies are cheap for a reason. If copies were made like a quality product then it would cost more than original because I always sell lower than the real price and thats why my sellers are not very happy with what they earn from GG constructions. And thats one of the reasons that GG is sold more expensive in classfieds.
If I was selling GG at the right price maybe only a few people would be able to buy one.
It ended up in the garbage after just 10 minutes of playing with it. These imitations are a disgrace to the originals. The threading is terrible. The orings dont fit. The mouth peice is loose...... I could go on and on. I just want to say that my GG atties have never given me one problem, they can take the daily abuse and rebuilding month after month and still work like the day i received them.

Thank you Imeo for making such great products that last the test of time and just plain work. Keep it up I will always support your work. If china keeps making this crap eventually everyone will turn to GG because they actually work!

Sorry for the rant just had to express how dissatisfied and disgusted I was with the abomination of a atomizer I handled that doesnt even come close to what it is trying to imitate

Jon

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Great to hear that too Long!:)
Thought I would jump in. Started with genesis atty, which was great. Seeing the clones got me interested, but instead bought the originals. Love them, no longer using the geny and after I try again this weekend may be selling it.

Gotta say, the ody and peny are great.

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
What a piece of junk..

Great coop..

Crappy product..

TOBECO attys are now on the cavemans list of vendors to avoid.

(The only other is smoktec)

The centerpin on mine was drilled all the way through, however they skimped on the material for this item (it was a casting) and during the tightening of the centerpin and ceramic retention nut (applying less than a pound of pressure) one of the positive pins broke on me

34ed402758c5aee656cc069460970d54.jpg

If this piece was a machined piece, it would have bent first, and the break point would have been a bit shiney.. The fact that the broken piece simply "snapped off" and is grainey, shows me it is a casting. (Machined afterwards) but a casting nonetheless.

My threads were functional.

But the inner threads were choppy (dull tooling used) and not that impressive.

I did manage to wind a coil or two, did not achieve a single vape..

Bottom line,

Dont buy this, im going to buy an oddy from the classies now.

Thought id post my review here of the china attempt to copy the oddy, it was pathetic..

I will have a video review dropping this evening on this..

From castings used for center pins to dull tooling used to cut threads into stainless, this feeble attempt to copy an outstanding product puts the official poor quality bar of MIC (made in china) at an all time high..

Its really a crappy attempt.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
great finding Rno. I didnt know that those copies were made so bad! Who really knows what prossedure they use and what kind of materials to make those cheap things.
I am very glad that you will try to find a real Ody on classies even if I would be much happier to have stock to serve you.
Thought id post my review here of the china attempt to copy the oddy, it was pathetic..

I will have a video review dropping this evening on this..

From castings used for center pins to dull tooling used to cut threads into stainless, this feeble attempt to copy an outstanding product puts the official poor quality bar of MIC (made in china) at an all time high..

Its really a crappy attempt.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I DON'T WANT THEM, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM. People keep emailing me and asking me to do a review on it. I tell them NO NO NO NO!!!!! I wouldn't do it. Out of respect to what I believe in I will not nor will I ever condone any copies, clones, poorly constructed devices. I will only review original and legal devices that are not knockoffs, clones, etc.

I roll with the best and only the best. I do not use clone or faulty device do to health and safety reasons. Lots of imitations have copper and that's hazardous and toxic. breathing in copper any moisture laying on copper is a serious health risk and its illegal here in the USA.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Interesting. I almost bought into getting a clone to pair up with my 3rd GGTS. But I resisted. I am glad I did now. Funny how all these clones of original pieces keep becoming avail. I had bought a set of 5 rebuildable atomizers to use with eGo-T type A tanks to give away at a vape meet. They worked, but in many ways paled in comparison to the original. These copies are OK for only one reason, to see if you like the concept, and then throw it away and buy the original. Or you could save the frustration and just get original, and if you do not like it, pass it on to someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread