From "toe in the water" straight to the deep end, I've been gifted a Provari Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cieless

Dec 27, 2012
MA
Hello. I'm new here and relatively new to vaping. I discovered this site while researching how to get satisfaction from the Blu I was using to switch from cigs to ecigs. The Blu worked to help me stop smoking but I found myself constantly switching from one charged battery to the other and not really being able to stop daydreaming about lighting up just to get the nicotine I needed. After about a week of reading posts here and watching a ton of Youtube vids I knew I needed to up my game and get a more customizable set up so I went out and got myself an eGo-T and some higher nic juice. I didn't realize my SO was actually listening to me whine about the Blu (I talk, he makes agreeable noises, somehow it works :laugh: ) and he just let me know that the Provari mini he ordered for me is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so it looks like I'll be a regular around here to learn and bond and maybe even meet some folks. It seems he is thrilled to have me off the cigarettes and is embracing my new hobby so it feels all warm and fuzzy to have his support and have found this group of people.

So...if anyone can throw me some ideas about what accessories or toys I should be looking into for the Provari because honestly, I know it's been answered a thousand times but I wasn't expecting to go so high end so quickly and IT'S HERE TOMORROW! Woo-Hoo! :)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Welcome and congrats! The Provari is a great place to start for sure! I DO have one and love it! I hope he got you at least two batteries and a charger! I get around 6 hours out of my batteries so I'm happy with that.
A lot of people love the Vivi Nova's, simple, easy to use and care for. I tried them, not my thing.
A lot of people love the carto tanks, this is my ticket, IBTanked makes some nice ones, as well as many others! Take a carto with holes punched in it, fill it up, slide it most of the way into a tank and fill the tank as full as you can. You can vape a day or two on these.
There's dripping, if you aren't very active (or DRIVING) they can work and give a great flavor, but you have to add juice all the time!
Clearomizers, cartomizers, it goes on and on!
Read a little on here, visit some of the forum vendors (listed down on the main page) look at what they have, see what you think is interesting, then come back and ask us about it.
But mostly, have some fun and enjoy!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Sawlight pretty much covered it. Batteries and a charger are the biggies.

Luckily you will have the provari, so hopefully you won't be spending any more on hardware. So all your money can go to cartos, clearos, both kinds of tanks, and lots and lots of juice so you can find your perfect vape. Anything 510 will work.

Walstib

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
Md
. (I talk, he makes agreeable noises, somehow it works :laugh: ) :)

This made me chuckle!

I swear by the vivi nova tank system with my ProVari. It just doesn't get any easier than that, and if you're feeling ambitious, you can re-coil and rebuild instead of just replacing the heads. I've been using Vivi's for a few months and have only had to replace one head.

Congrats on your new toy! You're gonna love it!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a regular size Provari, and come my 1 year vapor anniversary I plan to reward myself with a Provari Mini for when I am out-and-about and dedicate the regular size Provari for home. So, you are all set with your power supply with the Mini as long as you have 3 batteries in rotation. Don't forget about a charger for the batteries. Since you will be carrying at least a couple of spare batteries with you for all day use of the Mini, I recommend you get a plastic battery case for safety. I recommend RTD Vapor for batteries (AW imr nipple-top), charger (Xtar, or Pila if you want the best), and plastic battery cases. They also have one of the web's largest selections of drip tips, so if you will need those this is a great place to purchase some:

http://rtdvapor.com/

You will need to choose what juice delivery devices to put on top of your Mini. Your choice options are many, and I recommend that you try at least one of each to find your perfect setup and individual vape style. I did a picture dictionary of these devices that you can find in post #3 in this link:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartomizers/343294-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-lol.html

Should you decide to go the cartotank route for a juice carrying device, I recommend the 19mm IBTanked pyrex tanks. I did a review of these here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/349222-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks.html

Last edited:

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Sawlight pretty much covered it. Batteries and a charger are the biggies.

Luckily you will have the provari, so hopefully you won't be spending any more on hardware. So all your money can go to cartos, clearos, both kinds of tanks, and lots and lots of juice so you can find your perfect vape. Anything 510 will work.

I so wish this were true. I love my provari! I also love my reo, megaladon & Penelope. It's a sickness I tell you. A sickness!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cieless

Dec 27, 2012
MA
I've been in a happy vape cloud since 2 this afternoon. He not only got the mini (in purple), he was wise enough to include 2 batteries, a five pack of 510 cartomizers, a Vivi Nova tank system and some tips. I'm assuming he either did some research or actually picked up a phone and talked to someone to place the order since he knows nothing about vaping other than it seems to be making me happy. I am a very lucky, vape-cloudy girl. I will definitely start looking at the cartotanks since that seems to be my level of capable maintenance. I'm good with fiddly stuff but I tend toward the lazy and can't really see myself rebuilding things on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread