Frustrated - Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeat

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
Magnolia, TX, USA
I feel your pain. I can't afford to buy much at a time and my favorite juice runs out often and takes 2 to 3 weeks to show up again. Haven't seen 510 manual batteries in stock much at all over the last month (maybe longer), and it's hard to wait when you don't wish to go to another vendor. Cause lets face it, it hurts these days to pay more. I hope it all gets balanced out soon too. I have no desire to shop elsewhere.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Yeah.. I know what you mean also.. We've had some inventory challenges as well as fulfillment challenges so we're working feverishly to implement a new system that should help with both issues.. As far as getting stock from China, that's a different story but we're hoping to be able to plan a little better than we have in the past and keep more items in stock.

Master, please let me know your ticket number and we'll get your stuff straightened out..

hoog

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Hoogie, I think that came across more harsh than intended. I know its a pain importing from China, and I know you guys (and gals) do all you can for us. I have even met a couple of you and you are great people. You have always been a great vendor and handled any issues with care...just frustrated with stock levels. Feeling a bit burned on the auto batteries, but I do understand that you can't stock everything. Can you remove items you don't plan on restocking so we don't try to wait them out or make a discontinued post here so we know or an Incomming sticky to let us know if something is on the way? It sucks to get excited about ordering something and when you go to get it there are none and no indication of when, if ever, it will be back. Something simple like a 510 battery and some china juice seems alot more important when you are running low (or need to replace) and you are already feeling the "Analog Urge".

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Naw, it's okay to be frustrated a bit.. I'm pretty thick skinned but really do care about opinions and we take them all in and try to improve. (here come the excuses... )

We're opening up a store and instead of hiring from outside we promoted from within.. The promotions left gaps in a couple of areas, 1 being stock replenishment and 2 being tickets..

I just about have a hissie fit everyday when I see open tickets we have and even worse is that people have to go outside our system to get action sometimes.. It's definitely not the ultimate plan but it's getting worked out..

In addition to the software changes we are making (ever try to barcode 780,000 parts ??) and the new peeps we are bringing on and moving around, we should be caught up in about a year :( JK, it's moving along nicely and things should smooth out in the next week or so..

Can't say thanks enough for everyone's patience and understanding and believe me, I live with the frustration you guys are feeling.

And yes, website updates are coming to remove dead items and to update things like 'Brand New Model, The 905' :)

hoog

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I second that! And they still managed to get a squid and bear on the box!

You know, that post of yours there just kinda showed how large your really getting and I don't think I realized MV was quite that big....wow!

So really what this amounts to is growing pains! I kinda like that MV is growing! Speaking for myself....I'll hang in there for the long run. It's worth it!

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I yodeled at our phone provider, Nextiva, yesterday again about our phone line that we logged a ticket on last week. Talked to the guy yesterday to see what was going on and incredibly they had no ticket from last week.. Nice follow through :(

I'm flying a talkswitch guy down from MA to implement a better phone system for us as well as getting a T1 installed in our office but that looks like a few weeks out at best..

And yes, the growth is definitely causing some growing pains. We're up to 18 employees and on average ship 500-700 orders per day. With that volume, we get about 70 tickets a day, not all problems fortunately but a lot of questions, comments and general items that require more than one resource to handle.

As of right now our warehouse has grown to 5000 sq ft and we keep scoring spaces in our building as they open up. The last 1250 square foot space we got is strictly for a new machine shop as we want to bring some more production in-house and expand our mod line without the long lead times of farming it out. Plus I get to move the cnc mill out of my office that I've had to listen to all morning :(

We only have about 900 products, but a quick inventory shows that we have 1,509,209 pieces in stock, excluding e-liquid and gift certificates.

This could be construed as a bit of bragging which it is not trying to be but really just trying to show that we're really serious about this business that started on it's own virtually.

This may sound corny but there are two main philosophies I go by and make everyone here go by. The first my dad taught me, 'Always treat customers the way you want to be treated' and the 2nd, from a fortune cookie of all things, lol, 'Progress occurs from those that dare to be different'. I'm not saying we're different in all aspects but in some for certain.

I'm thrilled with the success but the challenges are a bit challenging at times :)

hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
No master, thanks for pointing out what were screwing up on, it needs to be done :)

We take every customer service issue seriously and if we fail at it, it's because there's something lacking in how we handled it.

There are a few of us at Madvapes that read ECF but I make sure that all the questions on here get answered. My ECF connection is one of my last sources of talking to customers and I won't give that part up. The rest of the time is consumed with paperwork and sometimes getting to build new stuff, like auto box mods :)

I hate seeing posts on here about stuff we're screwing up but at the same time I'm glad to see them because it makes me yelp at everyone about what the hell are we doing and why the hell is this ticket not resolved type of stuff :), which leads to fixing the processes that are allowing things to slip through the cracks and hopefully makes us a better company.

hoog

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Did you say auto box mod?
SWEET! I knew I was saving up reward points for something sweet!

No master, thanks for pointing out what were screwing up on, it needs to be done :)

We take every customer service issue seriously and if we fail at it, it's because there's something lacking in how we handled it.

There are a few of us at Madvapes that read ECF but I make sure that all the questions on here get answered. My ECF connection is one of my last sources of talking to customers and I won't give that part up. The rest of the time is consumed with paperwork and sometimes getting to build new stuff, like auto box mods :)

I hate seeing posts on here about stuff we're screwing up but at the same time I'm glad to see them because it makes me yelp at everyone about what the hell are we doing and why the hell is this ticket not resolved type of stuff :), which leads to fixing the processes that are allowing things to slip through the cracks and hopefully makes us a better company.

hoog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread