G2 Drunk Monkey tastes burnt in Nautilus Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought it was a bad coil previously or one that I had accidentally burnt the wick on, which was making my G2 Drunk Monkey juice taste off, no flavour at all, just vape. However I tried Pomegranate Pleasure (UK Ecig Stores own brand) juice and it seemed to be fine.

Then I put it down to the fact that the coil was too high in resistance and maybe the Drunk Monkey juice didn't like that and burnt too quickly.

But I got home today and saw that my new Nautilus BVC 1.6ohm coils had been delivered. I put one into my tank and let the juice sit in it for at least half an hour. And just now have been vaping on it but am getting the same problem.

Only thing I can think it might be is water in the tank after I washed it. However I thought that I had dried it out properly using a tissue.

The G2 DM juice cannot have gone bad within a week. But for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is.

Any ideas guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
30/70.

I've tried vaping between 7 and 15 watts. Same problem.

Thats a relatively high VG juice, where are you running the AFC control at? Wide open?

If so you may try moving down one air-hole size at a time to see if it improves wicking.

The tighter the airflow, the more vacuum generated inside the tank, the better the wicking. You should be seeing a few bubbles come out of the head after nearly every hit.

I would start lower on the wattage (round 7-8ish) and when you know it wicking properly try bumping up the power a bit till you get where you feel comfortable.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
I've tried that. The first vape is ok but after that it is flavourless. It's just steam.

Hmm, so you're getting normal flavor out of this juice from all your tanks? I.E. you can take a puff on the nautilus and get no flavor then pick up a different tank with the same juice and it tastes fine?

Just asking because it almost sounds like vapors tongue/flavor fatigue.

If it doesn't taste burnt/is wicking properly i can't understand why it would produce vapor with no taste, if anything these heads tend to produce a ridiculous amount of flavor.

Gonna try another atomiser from the other packet. Maybe the batch is bad?

Worth a try.

Bare in mind I've been vaping on pomegranate last night and today during the day. Also the drunk monkey tasted off in the Protank because the atomiser hasn't been changed (I was completely new to vaping and didn't even know tanks had atomisers, let alone that they needed changing every so often).

Thanks for your help.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
But i just did a search on google for BVC coil problems and it seems other people are having them. I think the thread is on this forum actually.

Yep, there are actually several threads, but most of them are flooding/gurgling etc issues.

I would normally assume it was a head/coil issue but you say the heads/coils vape/taste fine with the Pom juice, and produce vapor but have no taste on the G2 DM, so it sounds less like the heads aren't performing properly and more like an issue with that juice.

I've wasted so much juice trying to fix this damn issue.

Shouldn't have to waste much in this process, just pop the dripper top off the bottle and carefully pour the liquid back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread