Help with G2 Prime Drunk Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joanne75

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hi all, I’m relatively new to vaping and hoping you can help me out (I’m guessing I’m making some kind of rookie mistake here). Hope I’m posting in the right place.

I bought a bottle of G2 Vapor Prime (Drunk Monkey) based on reviews….when I got it, OMG it smelled awesome in the bottle! Loaded it into a Protank 2 Mini and attached it to my EVOD battery (all I had at the time—more to come on this). Let it prime for a few minutes, then took a pull…burnt.

Thought perhaps coincidentally there was something wrong with my coil…so I changed it out for a new one. Burnt.

Read some tutorials and threads about using thicker juices in clearomizers/glassomizers….and thought perhaps it wasn’t wicking well, so I ended up turning that little silicone “hat” on the coil post (not sure what you officially call that?) upside down. No change—burnt.

Did more reading, and as a result, pulled out the “flavor wicks” in the coil. New problem—tank floods with this configuration.

Put the juice away until my iTaste MVP V2 arrived and then wanted to give it another go, thinking perhaps with the VV/VW, I would be able to find a better setting for it…..nope. Same thing, even on the lowest voltage or wattage.

I am absolutely gutted that I might have to give up on this juice. And right now I don’t have anything glass other than the Protank 2 Mini to try it in (and this liquid is a known tank cracker).

Does anyone have any recommendations for me before I just sell or PIF it?? It’s such as shame as I really think I would love it if I could get it to vape correctly!!

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Hmmm...I know that G2 Prime is really heavy on the VG. Why don't you try saturating the coil with juice before putting it in the tank and vaping? You know, get it going?

Or, instead of pulling the flavor wicks out, just try pulling one of them out.

What I would do....to ensure it is your wick and not the juice-try vaping the juice on a different atty to taste it/try it out before filling a tank full. Do you have an old 510 atty lying around? See how it tastes on that. If it still tastes bad, then let the juice steep. If it tastes great, then you know it's not your juice, but your atty/protank mini.

Honestly, I have noticed that high VG juices vape GREAT in my ProTanks. But NOT my Protank MINis. I think there is just less room for the juice to move around, and seems to be less air flow happening. You may just need a bigger tank for this type of juice. That might be the only problem.

Beware...if you put it in a larger tank, be sure it's glass/metal since banana is notorious for cracking plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread