Juice taste burnt. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I’m a veteran Weber and have been waiting for almost 4 years and never had a problem like I’m about to explain. I’ve been using the transistor line for a while now I recently picked up two bottles of the respek which is grenadine Cherry and allmond. For some reason this juice seems to taste burnt anywhere above 115 W on my TF V8. I’ve went through three different coils to see if that would make a difference but to my surprise none of the coils are burnt. I feel like it’s an additive in the juice it self that is actually tasting Burnt. I noticed that a darker looking juice osing out of my wicking ports, Which leaves me to believe it’s the juice that doesn’t burn properly at higher wattage but my coils are still in great condition any information on this would be helpful thank you

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree with Letitia. If you can't go lower on your current vape (although I am of the opinion you probably could whether you like the vape at that wattage, heaven only knows) but since you are disliking what you are tasting now the only advice I can give is play around with wattage (start low, and with a new tankful of juice coil) and prime it slowly working your way up to where you can taste more than "burnt."

For some juices you may need a significant wattage difference to really get a good "flavor" from the vape, so if you are partial to those juices in particular, or want to be, you may need a different coil or even a different tank.

Some juices don't taste good at high wattages and they can also sort o caramelize on your coil at high wattages, also leading to decreased coil life.

Best of luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you. If you are very wedded to high wattage, well, the juices may need to be written off as "unusable" at least by you. But experiment some first. I don't think you'll get the best results from experimenting unless you use a fresh coil and juice though (and clean your tank) otherwise you may be tasting "artifacts" of being too high with that juice before, which may sort of "contaminate" taste.

Best of luck,

Anna

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Some of the coils for the TFV8 are octuplets. Since the current gets split through each coil, 115 watts on one of those is less than 15 watts to each coil. That should be a very cool vape, and shouldn't cause any burning. Even if it's quad coils, you're under 30 watts each. Warmer, but still shouldn't burn.

The dark drainage from the coils indicates to me that it is indeed the juice or the wicking. If the wicks are touching the top plate on the coil, they trap condensation and gunk up. This will cause flavor issues, but it takes awhile to do so because it gets diluted and returns to the tank as you have seen.

That narrows it down to the juice imo. It's possible that it doesn't play well with the wattage, but more likely to me that you got some stale juice and the nicotine went bad in it. This will make it harsh and peppery, which could be perceived as a burning flavor.

• Useful

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
So I found out that that juice I was using which is transistor respek just doesn’t work well at high wattages at all. The baby clouds one is great but the respek with is is a grenadine cherry gunks up coils after 30ml. It’s a shame cuz it’s delicious. Just thought I would answer my own question after some more experience and experimenting with it some more with fresh coils. Turns out it’s just a coil killer lol. Thanks folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread