GA Vapers: Forsyth County (Cumming, GA) Hearing Today to Ban Vaping like Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I just found out there is a Public Hearing today at the Forsyth County Administration Building at 5:00 p.m. to classify vaping as the same as smoking and restrict vaping in the same way. The Administration Building is located at 110 Main St, Cumming, GA, 30041 and the hearing will be in Suite 220.

If you can make the hearing and provide the commissioners information on the safer alternative of vaping, especially referencing studies on the CASAA web site, like the Drexel University study, that would be positive.

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Here are additional positive studies and articles:

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 » onVaping

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Wv2win, I can't make that meeting but anyone who can needs to remind the commissioners that by Georgia law as of July 1st vaping is not smoking.

Here is the final version of the bill signed by Gov Deal.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20132014/144960.pdf

Georgia's definitions of tobacco products and vapor products start on line 37.

If nothing else it may confuse the commission for a while and I'm betting they don't have any knowledge of them unless someone has been following the legislature this year.

If there is anyone on here from Forsyth County that could email them at least with the above link and info it would help.

My argument would be that by soon to be GA law vapor products are not tobacco products therefore e-cigarettes are not smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread