game changer?? Why isn't anybody talking about the new AW batteries?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
they missed the boat not making the new 650's higher amperage. Flame me if you like, it's just a giant vacuum was created once the sony's got scarce. I realize they are focused on safety first and foremost and not just tossing out a high rated battery for the sake of doing so, but it would seem there is still a hole that will need to be filled and whoever does it (provided they do it the right way) is going to profit.

muriarte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Monterrey, MX / McAllen, TX
they missed the boat not making the new 650's higher amperage. Flame me if you like, it's just a giant vacuum was created once the sony's got scarce. I realize they are focused on safety first and foremost and not just tossing out a high rated battery for the sake of doing so, but it would seem there is still a hole that will need to be filled and whoever does it (provided they do it the right way) is going to profit.

Here is a 30A IMR battery, made by panasonic:

IMR 18650 Battery 30A Orbtronic SX30 Ultra High Drain Hybrid rechargeable Li-ion | Li-Mn

They also have these, that are very good:
22A
22 Amps Ultra High Drain 18650 Orbtronic SX22 battery li-ion cell

10A
New NCR18650PF High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery button top by Orbtronic

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
vapemail!!
mj5FRiX.jpg

I'll let you know after a test run

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I was confused and concerned about the AW IMR 1600 18650's when I got into sub ohms (btw the 1600 has been tested to have more oomph than the 2000 IMR), because these were known to have a 10C rating, but somewhere along the line it was mentioned that they were actually 15C.

So I wrote to Andrew Wang and he said that in 2011, all AW IMR were 15C.

I wouldn't use them for .25 ohms though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread