Geek vape L200 voltage display

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Using the geek vape l200 mod, it's awesome. I would like to see what the voltage is when I take a draw, but the only way I can see it is if I'm looking in a mirror while inhaling. Is there a way to delay the display so I can see the voltage after I take a draw? There's really no way to see the voltage while I'm vaping. Like it's got a delay for the inhale time, but not the voltage. So far I don't see any way to change this. If not, no big deal. Just curious.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Using the geek vape l200 mod, it's awesome. I would like to see what the voltage is when I take a draw, but the only way I can see it is if I'm looking in a mirror while inhaling. Is there a way to delay the display so I can see the voltage after I take a draw? There's really no way to see the voltage while I'm vaping. Like it's got a delay for the inhale time, but not the voltage. So far I don't see any way to change this. If not, no big deal. Just curious.

The voltage displayed on the screen will be the same if you inhale or you don't inhale.
Firing the device is what triggers the voltage not the fact that you inhale or you don't inhale so just look at the screen and press the fire button,that will be the voltage you using at that moment.

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
The voltage displayed on the screen will be the same if you inhale or you don't inhale.
Firing the device is what triggers the voltage not the fact that you inhale or you don't inhale so just look at the screen and press the fire button,that will be the voltage you using at that moment.
I see this, thank you. I just don't really like firing without inhaling cause I'm worried about burning. I was just was wondering if I could make it delay the voltage display on screen after I've taken a draw. Far as I can tell there isn't a setting.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I see this, thank you. I just don't really like firing without inhaling cause I'm worried about burning. I was just was wondering if I could make it delay the voltage display on screen after I've taken a draw. Far as I can tell there isn't a setting.

Don't have to worry about burning,inhale or not inhale there is no risk of burning the coil.
I mean its just a couple of seconds anyway,not like its going to take you a minute and half to read the volts so you can rest assured.

As far as i know there is no electronic mod out there with a feature to delay the amount of time the voltage stays in the screen from the last time you pressed fire.

Rest assured,there is no chance you will be burning the coil.

• Agree

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Yep, exactly what @Javichu said.

Pressing the fire button for 1-2 seconds with a saturated wick is not going to burn a wick. You only need to press the fire button for 1-2 seconds while looking at the screen to see the voltage.

You will not find any kind of a screen delay setting on any GeekVape mod.

The only mods that I know of where you can see the displayed voltage (without using a mirror) are those with a DNA chipset - and then - only if you have their Escribe software open and the mod connected via USB.

DodR

May 15, 2023
Hmm... Don't hit it. Just hit the button and look at it. Or use your phone to take a video that you can slow down. The numbers change quickly. My L200 is getting replaced soon. Maybe with YiHi SXmini G Class V2. I want Bluetooth apps for controlling my settings with my smartphone or laptop. Then everything will be recorded down to the last 0.0001 ohm, 0.0005V, etc

DodR

May 15, 2023
Yep, exactly what @Javichu said.

Pressing the fire button for 1-2 seconds with a saturated wick is not going to burn a wick. You only need to press the fire button for 1-2 seconds while looking at the screen to see the voltage.

You will not find any kind of a screen delay setting on any GeekVape mod.

The only mods that I know of where you can see the displayed voltage (without using a mirror) are those with a DNA chipset - and then - only if you have their Escribe software open and the mod connected via USB.
DNA chipset mods come with the ability to connect via usb to a smartphone or pc??? I have been looking at the YiHi SXmini G Class V2 for its ability to be controlled by phone and pc via Bluetooth. Tell me more.

DodR

May 15, 2023
Don't have to worry about burning,inhale or not inhale there is no risk of burning the coil.
I mean its just a couple of seconds anyway,not like its going to take you a minute and half to read the volts so you can rest assured.

As far as i know there is no electronic mod out there with a feature to delay the amount of time the voltage stays in the screen from the last time you pressed fire.

Rest assured,there is no chance you will be burning the coil.
the numbers jump all over the place. You wouldn't see enough to get accurate understanding. A rough range of voltages. But yes, your coil will be fine.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
DNA chipset mods come with the ability to connect via usb to a smartphone or pc??? I have been looking at the YiHi SXmini G Class V2 for its ability to be controlled by phone and pc via Bluetooth. Tell me more.

DNA mods can be connected via USB to a PC/Mac via Evolv's Escribe software. Once running with mod connected you can tweak the various chipset settings to your hearts content. You can also monitor the performance of your mod in real time as you vape (then tweak settings as desired).

Checkout Escribe and the forum via Evolv's website:

There are many very knowledgeable folks on the Evolv forum with everything from the different DNA chipsets, Escribe, temp control and more.

The Yihi mod is the only one I'm currently aware of that allows control via Bluetooth. I own one mod with an older Yihi chipset. I own several DNA and Dicodes mods.

DodR

May 15, 2023
DNA mods can be connected via USB to a PC/Mac via Evolv's Escribe software. Once running with mod connected you can tweak the various chipset settings to your hearts content. You can also monitor the performance of your mod in real time as you vape (then tweak settings as desired).

Checkout Escribe and the forum via Evolv's website:

There are many very knowledgeable folks on the Evolv forum with everything from the different DNA chipsets, Escribe, temp control and more.

The Yihi mod is the only one I'm currently aware of that allows control via Bluetooth. I own one mod with an older Yihi chipset. I own several DNA and Dicodes mods.
Dicodes?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

Dicodes, a German company. They make their own high-end chipsets and mods. Very nice gear. Excellent chipsets.

They do not offer a connection via USB for PC or Bluetooth. Their temp control is very highly regarded as one of the best in the industry. The settings for each Dicodes chipset are very deep, all done through the mods UI.

In 2015 their engineering team published a paper on TC. It's a very educational read. The PDF is too large to post on ECF.
Download it here.

This is my Fakirs Mods Illusia-D SBS mod. It uses the Dicodes BF60 chipset.

full.jpg

In the high-end market there are three chipsets widely regarded as best-of-class. Evolv DNA, Dicodes and Yihi. IMHO, all are excellent. Many endlessly debate which is best - I avoid those conversations, they go nowhere. What's best for each person is subjective. Some swear by oranges, others pineapples and others mangoes; I enjoy all three. :greengrin:

Last edited:

DodR

May 15, 2023
Dicodes, a German company. They make their own high-end chipsets and mods. Very nice gear. Excellent chipsets.

They do not offer a connection via USB for PC or Bluetooth. Their temp control is very highly regarded as one of the best in the industry. The settings for each Dicodes chipset are very deep, all done through the mods UI.

In 2015 their engineering team published a paper on TC. It's a very educational read. The PDF is too large to post on ECF.
Download it here.

This is my Fakirs Mods Illusia-D SBS mod. It uses the Dicodes BF60 chipset.

View attachment 995780

In the high-end market there are three chipsets widely regarded as best-of-class. Evolv DNA, Dicodes and Yihi. IMHO, all are excellent. Many endlessly debate which is best - I avoid those conversations, they go nowhere. What's best for each person is subjective. Some swear by oranges, others pineapples and others mangoes; I enjoy all three. :greengrin:
Thank you. That's exactly the type of information I am looking for.

DodR

May 15, 2023
Thank you. That's exactly the type of information I am looking for.
In your opinion. What's the best bluetooth mod right now? I'm not interested in flashy wastes of money for cosmetics. I was the tech and control for experimenting with new tanks, motars, pans. whatever the industry produces.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The Yihi mod is the only one I'm currently aware of that allows control via Bluetooth.

Correction: The YiHi SXmini G Class V2 does not offer Bluetooth support. However, it does offer WiFi support (via a router or hotspot) using a web browser.

In your opinion. What's the best bluetooth mod right now? I'm not interested in flashy wastes of money for cosmetics. I was the tech and control for experimenting with new tanks, motars, pans. whatever the industry produces.

DNA, Dicodes, Yihi do not offer Bluetooth support. I do not know of any high-end mod that supports Bluetooth.

I attached the PDF user manual for the YiHi SXmini G Class V2. After reading the manual, to me, it looks like a lot of "flash" and "no real meat" with the device settings. It's settings are very (VERY) basic compared to any Dicodes or DNA mod.

No Yihi mod offers anywhere near the depth of settings a user has control over versus a DNA or Dicodes mod. Yihi settings are very basic. Yihi does offer free PC/Mac software (SXi-Tools) for their mods.

The settings a mod with a Dicodes chipset offers are very deep. DNA mods offer very similar settings.

None of the Chinese mod manufacturers offer what you are looking to do with tweaking deep chipset settings.

The Chinese mod manufacturers (GeekVape, Aspire, Innokin etc. etc.) business model = design a mod and get it out the door fast. They cater to the needs of the average vaper. And there is no issue with that at all, as there have been many decent Chinese mods over the years. Their mods are decent at running basic wattage mode. Compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi temp control - Chinese mods are a failure. None has implemented TC anywhere near the Big Three.

FWIW, many of the Chinese manufacturers mods released over the last number of years have completely dropped TC support. TC is not popular with the masses. TC is a niche market within the vaping industry. The majority of vapers want a mod that's easy to setup and use out of the box.

The Chinese did not create temp control vaping. As a result, their mods are mere childs play compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi.

Evolv created TC in 2014 with the DNA40 chipset. The German engineers at Dicodes, IMHO, took TC to another level. And that is not to say a Dicodes chipset is better than, or superior to, a DNA chipset.

It all comes down to personal preferences and what an end-user is looking for in a chipset.

You won't find what you are looking for in a basic Chinese mod. IMO, Chinese mods are the equivalent of a 1982 AMC Gremlin (very basic).

From a pure engineering standpoint, I would say a Dicodes chipset is the equivalent of an F-22 Raptor. Yes, the settings on a Dicodes mod are that deep.

IMO, a DNA mod is roughly the equivalent of a F/A-18 block III Super Hornet. DNA chipsets have deep settings but they are not as deep as Dicodes chipsets.

If someone was looking for a recommendation purely based on the depth of settings they have control over, then I would suggest a mod with a Dicodes chipset. There are more settings on a Dicodes mod versus a DNA mod.

If the requirement is to have a device with deep settings control, and an accurate ability to monitor a device in real-time, via a PC/Mac using a USB connection, then a DNA mod with Escribe is the only way to go.

Having said all that, I do like my Yihi, DNA and Dicodes mods. As to who offers the best TC implementation, that comes back to personal preference. Which of the three do I use the most? Dicodes and DNA equally. I haven't used my Yihi mod in quite some time.

Hope that helps!!!

Attachments

• SXmini-G2Manual-English-v1.97.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I'm not interested in flashy wastes of money for cosmetics.

After reading the YiHi SXmini G Class V2 user manual, I'm of the opinion that it is not what you are looking for.

The mod does have a flashy color display. But there is no real meat in the settings category.

From what you've communicated, you are looking for a chipset that offers deeps settings. Yihi chipsets do not offer those. They do offer settings above and beyond the basic Chinese mods (GeekVape etc. etc. etc.).

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    IMHO This latest round of Yihi chips are a vast improvement over their prior offerings, especially their G Class V2. And no reports of parasitic drain like they were plagued with before. But their single battery has no firmware update capability. They save their latest offerings for their in-house made mods, and sell neutered boards to others.

Dicodes cater to the European style vapers and to single battery mods with lower wattage maximums. While they do have some very deep visible information they don't seem changeable to me, and it's all displayed on one of the tiniest screens available, mainly placed on the top, close to where an atty leak is nearby and waiting. German engineering and manufacturing is solid gold.

DNA mods were the inventor of Temperature Protected vaping and still the easiest to visualize what's actually happening throughout your vape via a PC interface. Firmware upgrades for all escribe capable chipsets. Even the lowly DNA60 1st produced in 2016 received a new feature recently. American engineering and manufacturing, and sold to whomever wants to buy them. They do not manufacture their own mods for resale.

And BTW, right now on my 250C
    my cold ohms are: 0.3647460938Ω
    The board temp is: 78.03125°F
    And the average watts for that 2.182617188 second puff was: 47.8984375 watts.

DodR

May 15, 2023
    IMHO This latest round of Yihi chips are a vast improvement over their prior offerings, especially their G Class V2. And no reports of parasitic drain like they were plagued with before. But their single battery has no firmware update capability. They save their latest offerings for their in-house made mods, and sell neutered boards to others.

Dicodes cater to the European style vapers and to single battery mods with lower wattage maximums. While they do have some very deep visible information they don't seem changeable to me, and it's all displayed on one of the tiniest screens available, mainly placed on the top, close to where an atty leak is nearby and waiting. German engineering and manufacturing is solid gold.

DNA mods were the inventor of Temperature Protected vaping and still the easiest to visualize what's actually happening throughout your vape via a PC interface. Firmware upgrades for all escribe capable chipsets. Even the lowly DNA60 1st produced in 2016 received a new feature recently. American engineering and manufacturing, and sold to whomever wants to buy them. They do not manufacture their own mods for resale.

And BTW, right now on my 250C
    my cold ohms are: 0.3647460938Ω
    The board temp is: 78.03125°F
    And the average watts for that 2.182617188 second puff was: 47.8984375 watts.
    My cold ohms on my L200 while running a longmada motar 1 was .33. What should I think about that? 25-30w, tcr 800 - 1150( still experimenting).

DodR

May 15, 2023
    Correction: The YiHi SXmini G Class V2 does not offer Bluetooth support. However, it does offer WiFi support (via a router or hotspot) using a web browser.

DNA, Dicodes, Yihi do not offer Bluetooth support. I do not know of any high-end mod that supports Bluetooth.

I attached the PDF user manual for the YiHi SXmini G Class V2. After reading the manual, to me, it looks like a lot of "flash" and "no real meat" with the device settings. It's settings are very (VERY) basic compared to any Dicodes or DNA mod.

No Yihi mod offers anywhere near the depth of settings a user has control over versus a DNA or Dicodes mod. Yihi settings are very basic. Yihi does offer free PC/Mac software (SXi-Tools) for their mods.

The settings a mod with a Dicodes chipset offers are very deep. DNA mods offer very similar settings.

None of the Chinese mod manufacturers offer what you are looking to do with tweaking deep chipset settings.

The Chinese mod manufacturers (GeekVape, Aspire, Innokin etc. etc.) business model = design a mod and get it out the door fast. They cater to the needs of the average vaper. And there is no issue with that at all, as there have been many decent Chinese mods over the years. Their mods are decent at running basic wattage mode. Compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi temp control - Chinese mods are a failure. None has implemented TC anywhere near the Big Three.

FWIW, many of the Chinese manufacturers mods released over the last number of years have completely dropped TC support. TC is not popular with the masses. TC is a niche market within the vaping industry. The majority of vapers want a mod that's easy to setup and use out of the box.

The Chinese did not create temp control vaping. As a result, their mods are mere childs play compared to DNA, Dicodes or Yihi.

Evolv created TC in 2014 with the DNA40 chipset. The German engineers at Dicodes, IMHO, took TC to another level. And that is not to say a Dicodes chipset is better than, or superior to, a DNA chipset.

It all comes down to personal preferences and what an end-user is looking for in a chipset.

You won't find what you are looking for in a basic Chinese mod. IMO, Chinese mods are the equivalent of a 1982 AMC Gremlin (very basic).

From a pure engineering standpoint, I would say a Dicodes chipset is the equivalent of an F-22 Raptor. Yes, the settings on a Dicodes mod are that deep.

IMO, a DNA mod is roughly the equivalent of a F/A-18 block III Super Hornet. DNA chipsets have deep settings but they are not as deep as Dicodes chipsets.

If someone was looking for a recommendation purely based on the depth of settings they have control over, then I would suggest a mod with a Dicodes chipset. There are more settings on a Dicodes mod versus a DNA mod.

If the requirement is to have a device with deep settings control, and an accurate ability to monitor a device in real-time, via a PC/Mac using a USB connection, then a DNA mod with Escribe is the only way to go.

Having said all that, I do like my Yihi, DNA and Dicodes mods. As to who offers the best TC implementation, that comes back to personal preference. Which of the three do I use the most? Dicodes and DNA equally. I haven't used my Yihi mod in quite some time.

Hope that helps!!!
    Wow, thank you. That's exactly the type of information I needed. I found a lot of information online while doing internet searches for "best Bluetooth advanced vape mod" or a hundred other variations of that that led me to believe that YiHi was my only real option for DIY mode, TCR mode, precision and a bluetooth interface. So many bluetooth speakers on vapes now. I had to wade through too much to find false info about SXmini g class v2 with bluetooth. I have been in contact with a sales representative from Longmada who wanted me to buy him a high end mod which he would immediately pay me for before I shipped to him. Apparently there is trouble acquiring high end mods for certain companies in china. Reverse engineering the comipition and creating copy cats is apearently being cracked down on in china. I assume its something like that. Thank you again for your post.

Users who are viewing this thread