Geekvape Aegis Legend or Smoant Cylon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
As a legend owner I can tell you it has many problems from ghost screen lite up, very poor battery life, paint starting to come off my fire button, poor TC . I would reconsider your choice and go with the Cylon. By the way my boss also owns a legend and is having the same problems.

As a Cylon and a Legend owner (who never used the Legend pre-update and haven't had time to say much about Legend other than it works) the only thing I see left for the Legend is to get watts to apply to TC. Sounds like it's a firmware issue to me.

This on my Cylon seems like it's hardware. The way it's progressed I'd guess I'll be lucky to go 6 months before I'm unable to see anything on the screen.
0617181341.jpg

When it's white lines it's pretty impossible to see anything the white lines are covering in the settings screen.
0617181347a.jpg

Plus it looks like I can replace the leather-ette pad on the Legend with a real piece of tooled leather.
If my Cylon wouldn't be screwing up (it's just out of warranty, guess I should've been a picky jerk when it was just a couple lines, but I've heard they want $20 to send you a new one under warranty) I'd say it's a solid mod.
So far with the Legend I'd say there are no problems post update at least that are a killer (and I need working TC, but it works fine with Themis mesh in TC with TCR at 88 like everything else I've used the mesh on, just a little slow ramp up with dual and single SS coils).

If you want something with no problems, I'd say wait to see how the Legend does with firmware or buy a Cylon locally where you can return it or exchange it for free quickly if you see any hint of lines forming at the top of the screen.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
As a Cylon and a Legend owner (who never used the Legend pre-update and haven't had time to say much about Legend other than it works) the only thing I see left for the Legend is to get watts to apply to TC. Sounds like it's a firmware issue to me.

This on my Cylon seems like it's hardware. The way it's progressed I'd guess I'll be lucky to go 6 months before I'm unable to see anything on the screen.
View attachment 749109
When it's white lines it's pretty impossible to see anything the white lines are covering in the settings screen.
View attachment 749111

Plus it looks like I can replace the leather-ette pad on the Legend with a real piece of tooled leather.
If my Cylon wouldn't be screwing up (it's just out of warranty, guess I should've been a picky jerk when it was just a couple lines, but I've heard they want $20 to send you a new one under warranty) I'd say it's a solid mod.
So far with the Legend I'd say there are no problems post update at least that are a killer (and I need working TC, but it works fine with Themis mesh in TC with TCR at 88 like everything else I've used the mesh on, just a little slow ramp up with dual and single SS coils).

If you want something with no problems, I'd say wait to see how the Legend does with firmware or buy a Cylon locally where you can return it or exchange it for free quickly if you see any hint of lines forming at the top of the screen.
Thanks

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
In all honesty after i get the legend i will be picking up the Cylon anyway from all the glorious reviews

If they hadn't already got my money for a Cylon that won't work long enough to be a worthy purchase I'd consider it. The way my Battlestar is I sure won't write off Smoant. I just happened to get a bad screen. Some people get bad Battlestars too.
I will run my Cylon all the way into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread