Geekvape Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Geekvape's Customer Service is hands down the best I have ever dealt with. I bought the Aegis 200W Legend on 09/14/18 from a local Vape shop here in Indy as an early Birthday present to myself. From set up on that day to Saturday afternoon I notice the Battery Life sucked. I went to the same shop with a friend and when I brought this up to the guy that sold me the Aegis all he said was, and I kid you not, "Huh" then walked off. From the time of purchase on Friday untill 4 AM that following Sunday I was upset with the Aegis. I had changed the batteries 9 times so I emailed Geekvape directly thinking that it would take a week or 2 before I got a response. If one at all. With in 12 hrs one of their Customer Service Reps had contacted me. We discussed a few senerios of what could be going on and it was a simple matter of updating the firmware. This Customer ServiceRep was not only courtious but they were very professional, would not back don from the "good" fight on this issue and contacted me later to make sure that the Aegis was working properly. This kind of Customer Service that alot of these vendors needs to learn from. Especial the Vape Shop I went to. Way To Go Geekvape. You definitely have my business. I am VERY HAPPY WITH MY AEGIS

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_230510.jpg
    IMG_20180916_230510.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Important lesson here, in the future anytime you purchase a new mod go to the manufacturer's site to see if the firmware is upgradeable, if it is check to see if you have the latest version, people who work in vape shops are likely to not care after they have your money or are just idiots. A good B&M vape shop is a treasure to find.

I would also suggest before buying a mod to research it before laying out the money. Had you researched it you would have known about the battery issue and saved yourself a trip back to the shop.

Lack of research is why so many own SMOK mods.

The Aegis is a great mod, just ordered my second one. You will love it.

Last edited:

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Important lesson here, in the future anytime you purchase a new mod go to the manufacturer's site to see if the firmware is upgradeable, if it is check to see if you have the latest version, people who work in vape shops are likely to not care after they have your money or are just idiots. A good B&M vape shop is a treasure to find.

I would also suggest before buying a mod to research it before laying out the money. Had you researched it you would have known about the battery issue and saved yourself a trip back to the shop.

I did a 3 week reseach on various mods. The Aegis kept popping up in the top 5 for the first 2 weeks so I researched the Aegis for a week. Saw nothing on the battery issue but saw great reviews on it.

The vape shop I went to does have very good juices thiugh so I will return for that. And juices is what the second trip back was for. I was helping a friend out on juices who is new to vaping. I just brought the battery issue up to the clerk as a "By The Way" kinda thing.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Geekvape's Customer Service is hands down the best I have ever dealt with. I bought the Aegis 200W Legend on 09/14/18 from a local Vape Shop here in Indy as an early Birthday present to myself. From set up on that day to Saturday afternoon I notice the Battery Life sucked. I went to the same shop with a friend and when I brought this up to the guy that sold me the Aegis all he said was, and I kid you not, "Huh" then walked off. From the time of purchase on Friday untill 4 AM that following Sunday I was upset with the Aegis. I had changed the batteries 9 times so I emailed Geekvape directly thinking that it would take a week or 2 before I got a response. If one at all. With in 12 hrs one of their Customer Service Reps had contacted me. We discussed a few senerios of what could be going on and it was a simple matter of updating the firmware. This Customer ServiceRep was not only courtious but they were very professional, would not back don from the "good" fight on this issue and contacted me later to make sure that the Aegis was working properly. This kind of Customer Service that alot of these vendors needs to learn from. Especial the Vape Shop I went to. Way To Go Geekvape. You definitely have my business. I am VERY HAPPY WITH MY AEGIS

Thank you so much.
It is glad that you solve the problem finally and that you love the product.
Your shoutout would give our support team more power and drive to provide better service. Thank you.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Thank you for the reminding.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I knew about the Aegis 100W not recognizing an atomizer change when I bought it. Phil Busardo revealed that in his review of the mod. The problem was there when I tested it, so I plugged it up and updated the firmware the first day. Problem fixed!

GeekVape is obviously on top of things. The Aegis 100W is in my daily rotation for an at home vape. I grab smaller mods when I'm out and about.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The only thing I'd change about my Aegis 100W is the screw in battery door. It almost bottoms out with the rubber surround on the bottom, but you can feel the metal plug rubbing on the table when you set it down. An inset design would prevent scratching the table you set it on. That would mean another half to one turn more depth in the threads.

I've tried screwing in the battery plug without a battery in the mod and it still stops in the same place, so it's not battery length causing the issue. A little depth on the threads would be a good design change. Inset the battery plug slightly and let the rubber take over in bottom contact with the table.

Last edited:

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
The only thing I'd change about my Aegis 100W is the screw in battery door. It almost bottoms out with the rubber surround on the bottom, but you can feel the metal plug rubbing on the table when you set it down. An inset design would prevent scratching the table you set it on. That would mean another half to one turn more depth in the threads.

I've tried screwing in the battery plug without a battery in the mod and it still stops in the same place, so it's not battery length causing the issue. A little depth on the threads would be a good design change. Inset the battery plug slightly and let the rubber take over in bottom contact with the table.

Thanks @DaveP for your suggestion. We will forward it to our technicians, hoping they could carry out a better solution in the future.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks @DaveP for your suggestion. We will forward it to our technicians, hoping they could carry out a better solution in the future.

As I look closer it's the battery tube itself that extends a little too far past the rubber. The cap actually screws into the tube enough to clear.

On a positive note, the Aegis is one of the best built mods I own. It's right up there with my Provari in quality, IMO.

Last edited:

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
As I look closer it's the battery tube itself that extends a little too far past the rubber. The cap actually screws into the tube enough to clear.

On a positive note, the Aegis is one of the best built mods I own. It's right up there with my Provari in quality, IMO.

Thank you for the note, which is an encourage for us to work harder and make more great products.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Gotta chime in here and say absolutely. Had a G-Box that developed a problem and Geek Vape took care of it right now. That's everything to me. Any device can develop a problem, that's the nature of things. But not every takes care of their customers like Geek Vape.

Thank you for your understanding @Walee. Hope you will solve the problem as soon as possible with the help of our customer service team. If you need any help, we are always here!

Ccaty

Multiple ID Suspension
Oct 26, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Thank you for your understanding @Walee. Hope you will solve the problem as soon as possible with the help of our customer service team. If you need any help, we are always here!
Your customer service team already solved it and sent a replacement. They did a wonderful job of responding. They also informed me that they were making changes to the model per the failure mode to make the product even better. Great job well done!!!

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I have a serious concern here. I finally caved in and upgraded my newest Legend that I ordered directly from Geekvape 6 weeks ago. The main reason I did the upgrade was the battery life improvement. After the upgrade, I was impressed that for the entire rest of the day I had only used half of my batteries when before I would've had to change them. I took the batteries out with them still showing 50% on the Legend and put them in my Nitcore charger. I was very surprised to see that the charger indicated that the batteries had been fully discharged!! I put the batteries in another brand of mod and they also showed as fully drained. I DO NOT overstress my batteries, now my Legend is lying to me about the accuracy of my battery life. What is going on GeekVape?? I recommend this device to everyone, now I experience this?

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I have a serious concern here. I finally caved in and upgraded my newest Legend that I ordered directly from Geekvape 6 weeks ago. The main reason I did the upgrade was the battery life improvement. After the upgrade, I was impressed that for the entire rest of the day I had only used half of my batteries when before I would've had to change them. I took the batteries out with them still showing 50% on the Legend and put them in my Nitcore charger. I was very surprised to see that the charger indicated that the batteries had been fully discharged!! I put the batteries in another brand of mod and they also showed as fully drained. I DO NOT overstress my batteries, now my Legend is lying to me about the accuracy of my battery life. What is going on GeekVape?? I recommend this device to everyone, now I experience this?
Make sure that the Upgrade is the newest one. I bought my Aegis on the 19th of Sept and Upgraded it that day. Now I have 3 mods and still have the same issue as you are. 2 of my 3 Mods (1 of the 2 not being my Aegis) show battery life at 50% and when I put them in my charger they show 1 bar of charge. I can have 50% battery life in my Aegis, take them out and put in my charger and tehy show 50% in the Charger. I know its weird...

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Make sure that the Upgrade is the newest one. I bought my Aegis on the 19th of Sept and Upgraded it that day. Now I have 3 mods and still have the same issue as you are. 2 of my 3 Mods (1 of the 2 not being my Aegis) show battery life at 50% and when I put them in my charger they show 1 bar of charge. I can have 50% battery life in my Aegis, take them out and put in my charger and tehy show 50% in the Charger. I know its weird...
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Yes, I chose the latest upgrade. I'm not ok with this though as it speeds up the battery end life and can stress them. My device should be fairly accurate in showing the battery life.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Yes, I chose the latest upgrade. I'm not ok with this though as it speeds up the battery end life and can stress them. My device should be fairly accurate in showing the battery life.
Im not having that issue out of my Aegis. If the Aegis shows me 50% charge and I put these in my charger they show a 50% charge in the charger.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Sorry for that. Didn't check it carefully.
Have you sent the Email to support@geekvape.com?
Please send the Email to our support team and they will help.
We sold millions of Aegis Legends, very few of them have some problems, but that doesn't mean the Aegis Legend isn't a good products.
For your problem, we are always here to help.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: sdennislee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread