hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello dedicated readers. Today I have the pleasure of presenting to you the latest and greatest kit from Geekvape. Yes, it’s the new and improved Geekvape aegis legend 2 as it’s commonly being referred to but on the Geekvape website it is being called the L200 but then says Legend 2 below so I’m going to stick with calling it the Legend 2. Included with the Legend 2 is the Z Sub ohm 2021 which initially appears very similar to the original Zeus sub ohm tank but has a few changes. The kit was sent to me to provide a fair and honest review so let’s get to it.

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-7-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 Mod
    1* Geekvape Z Sub Ohm 2021 tank (5.5ml)
    1* GeekVape Z 0.2ohm Coil 70-80W (pre-installed)
    1* GeekVape Z 0.25ohm Coil 45-57W
    1* Coil Tool
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* Spare Glass Tube (5.5ml)
    1* USB-C Cable

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Package.jpg

IMG-5013.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Specification.jpg

FEATURES:

• 1. The 2nd generation of Geekvape tri-proof technology
    • 2. From IP67 to IP68 rating water-resistance and dust-resistance
    • 3. External dual 18650 batteries with 200W power output
    • 4. Accidental press protection
    • 5. 1.08 inch full screen display
    • 6. Smaller & lighter, compact and comfortable
    • 7. Wide working temperature range
    • 8. The new A-Lock makes Legend 2 safer to carry
    • 9. Charging port with flipping cover for easier charging
    • 10. Paired with Geekvape Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank
    • 11. Leakproof top airflow system
    • 12. Compatible with Geekvape Z Series Coil
    • 13. Adjustable airflow, larger air slots

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Material.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Charging-port-with-flipping-cover.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-1-08-inch-screen.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Introduction.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-L200.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Lock-Design.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Smaller.jpg

Geek-Vape-Aegis-Legend-2-Kit-Tri-proof.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I think I mentioned this on my Z Max review but I am thoroughly pleased with the new packaging from Geekvape. Once opened, there is an orange flap that lifts to expose the contents of the kit. It’s not necessary but is a nice plus in my opinion that they care to make the experience of opening their kits just a little bit special. I won’t waste time listing the contents of the kit since you can easily see what’s included in the picture above.

I did like the original Aegis Legend but for me it was always a little bit big and bulky. The Legend 2 is 15% smaller and 30% lighter which made a huge difference for me in hand feel. The rubberized coating that enclosed the original is no longer on the new Legend 2. There is a little on the top under the 510 plate and covering the USB-C charging port on top along with a single layer on the bottom of the battery door. The Legend 2 has a gold plated spring loaded 510 pin and will fit a 26mm tank and easily fits the new Z tank 2021 at 24.5mm on the base. I simply love the appearance as well as the design of the new Legend 2. There is a rubberized cover on the top that exposes the USB-C charging port. It’s a nice soft rubber and easily goes back into place. I’ve experienced other mods where the charging port cover is stiff and is either hard to close or doesn’t want to stay in place. The mod has Geekvape stamped on one side. The same side also contains my favorite feature of the new Legend. Geekvape is calling it the A- Lock. It is a sliding switch that allows the user to lock or unlock the entire mod without having to do a sequence of button presses. Simply slide it down to lock the device or slide it up to unlock and the display shows you that it is locked or unlocked when you slide the switch. On the opposite side Aegis is stamped in the side. The battery door on the Legend 2 is easy to open and close but also feels very solid with the rubber coating on the bottom. The inside of the unit is marked with the battery polarity as well as the battery door itself being marked.

The display on the Legend 2 is 1.08” in size and seems the same as other Geekvape mods I’ve used. At the top is the mode followed by two separate battery indicators which I like very much that you can monitor the batteries separately. Continuing downward is the set wattage, resistance, amps, volts, and puff counter.

The operation of the Legend 2 is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on and off

- Press the fire button to enter the menu system and the mode will be highlighted then use the + or – button to scroll through the modes of operation

- Once in the menu, press the fire button once more to scroll down to settings where the puff counter can be reset by pressing the + button

- Once in the menu, press the + and – buttons simultaneously to change the color of the display

- Press the fire button and the + or – button to increase or decrease the screen brightness

IMG-5014.jpg

IMG-5018.jpg

IMG-5017.jpg

IMG-5016.jpg

IMG-5019.jpg

The new Z Tank 2021 has a few improvements when compared to the original Z tank but still uses the Z coils. The coils included are the .2 ohm dual coil rated at 70-80 watts and one I haven’t tried before now is the .25 ohm coil rated from 45-57 watts. I greatly appreciated that Geekvape decided to include a coil for the mid-range users.

The flavor from the .2 coil was phenomenal to the point where I would call it intense. I was using a 3mg ry4 cream recipe in it and there was no way I could get up to the 70-80 watt recommendation. The vapor was so much and so dense that if I went much past the mid 50’s then it would make me cough. The .25 coil was like night and day compared to the .2 dual coil as far as airflow. When I first tried the .25 coil, I thought maybe I put it in wrong. Even with the airflow wide open and at 45 watts it was a fairly warm and somewhat restricted DTL.

The new Z Tank has larger openings for the airflow and the fill ports which allows the use of just about any bottle to fill it. I was even able to insert the tip of a glass 60ml dropper which doesn’t fit in most fill ports. The base also has been changed some to make better connection to the coils. The logo on the barrel of the tank is different also and the tank base has “subohm 2 tank” and geekvape on the bottom.

The airflow on this tank comes in from the ports on the top, travels downward, and comes up under the coil to provide better flavor production. I did have one complaint on the tank that I received for the review. When I initially took the tank apart to clean it and again when I cleaned it to change flavors for the second col, the airflow control ring fell off in my sink. Evidently the o ring that is supposed to hold it in place is not big enough. I almost lost the ring down the drain. Once the top cap is installed then the airflow ring moves smoothly and there is a positive stop.

aegis-legend2-10.jpg

IMG-5020.jpg

IMG-5022.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much enjoyed testing the new Geekvape Legend 2 kit with the new Z Tank 2021 sub ohm tank. I honestly have zero complaints on the mod. I think that by making the mod lighter and smaller that it will appeal to a wider group of people. I simply love the A-Lock slide button on the side that locks and unlocks the mod. It may seem like a simple thing but in my opinion sets it apart from other mods. The interface is similar to other Geekvape mods but figure why change something that works. The padded leather and stitching in my opinion are very well done.

The new Z tank 2021 is really a good flavor and vapor producer. I sometimes get tired of review kits that include two high output coils with the tank and very much appreciate that Geekvape included the .25 coil for folks like myself that tend to stick to what I consider to be a medium output range. My only complaint on the whole kit is that the airflow ring falls of when the top cap is removed and the tank is inverted. I would hope that a larger o ring is used on production models.

You probably already know the answer to this but would I recommend the Legend 2 kit? Absolutely! I even have a blue one on order already. I would like to than Allison(our new Geekvape rep on ECF) and of course Geekvape for sending the Geekvape Legend 2 kit for this review. You might be getting tired of me saying this but a great big thanks to you the readers. Below is a link to the Geekvape site if you’d like to take a closer look for yourself.

Geekvape L200

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Great review! I do like this look over the first version and that the kit is so complete. So good to see spares and a variety of coils :) Not in my wheelhouse but I liked they trimmed it down and added features users would actually use and appreciate having.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    As always an excellent review full of all the info we want and need. Nice job Hitt.

Very nice review, hitt :)

I was never a fan of the Legend, due to it's size, weight and that rubber coating, but this new one looks really nice, they did a nice job improving it.

Great review as always @hittman

I like that it is lighter and smaller. Wouldn't mind having one of these. Good job, Hitt.

Great review! I do like this look over the first version and that the kit is so complete. So good to see spares and a variety of coils :) Not in my wheelhouse but I liked they trimmed it down and added features users would actually use and appreciate having.

Thank you all very much. I appreciate all comments being left.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review. I'm interested in the mod only(very satisfied with the Freemax tanks and coils.) As soon as I find them available I'm getting one.

Thanks! I don’t know if anyone has them in stock yet. I pre ordered a blue mod only.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Thanks. I really like it. Makes it easy to lock quickly before I put it in my lunchbox or whatever.
    I am hoping that feature becomes standard on all new GV products. An updated Solo or Max with the lock would be really cool.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Thanks. I really like it. Makes it easy to lock quickly before I put it in my lunchbox or whatever.
    Lock is a great addition! That blue caught my eye as well. Have you seen a side by side pic with the original? I love the first Legend, but it’s big for pockets and small hands. Hoping for a mod only when it comes to market.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Lock is a great addition! That blue caught my eye as well. Have you seen a side by side pic with the original? I love the first Legend, but it’s big for pockets and small hands. Hoping for a mod only when it comes to market.

Yes, I saw a side by side somewhere but don’t remember where. Probably on FB. I could probably dig out my old original if I really wanted to compare.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Some really nice colorways there, and the leather looks to be much better done on this iteration.

Thanks for the review.

I think it is better done. The leather feels softer and a little more padded and I like the stitching better also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread