hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I’m here to talk about the new Geekvape S100 kit that was sent to me by Geekvape in order to provide this review. The S100 is the newest updated version of a mod that you might be very familiar with which was the Aegis Solo. This new one has undergone an overhaul just like the M100 ( Aegis mini 2). The S100 uses a single 18650 battery and is IP68 rated Tri-Proof water, dust, and shock proof rated. Also included in the kit is the Z tank 2021.

3WXBpBW.jpg

3WXBpBW

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Mod

1* GeekVape Z Subohm 2021 tank 5.5ml

1* GeekVape Z Series 0.2ohm Coil (preinstalled, 70-80W)

1* GeekVape Z Series 0.25ohm Coil (Spare, 45-57W)

1* Coil Tool

1* Spare Parts Pack

1* Spare Glass Tube 5.5ml

1* USB Type-C Cable

upload_2021-10-7_20-42-9.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Battery: External 18650 single battery

Wattage: 100W max

Output Voltage: 8.5V (maximum)

Support Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3ohm

Charging Specification: Type-C, 5V/2A

Low Voltage Warning : 3.3V±0.1V

PCBA Temperature Alarm: 85℃

Longest Vaping Time: 10s

Working Temperature: ﹣10~40℃

Standby Current: <10 uA

Storage Temperature: ﹣20℃~60℃

Relative Humidity: 10% RH~70% RH

E-juice Capacity: 5.5ml (standard)

Color: Silver, Grey, Classic Black, Navy Blue, Red, Rainbow

FEATURES:

1. Industry-leading IP68 rating water & dust resistance

2. Ground-breaking shock-resistance

3. External 18650 battery, 1.08 inch full screen display

4. With Geekvape Z Sub ohm 2021 Tank

5. Type-c charging port with flip cover

6. A-lock design provides accidental press protection

7. Leak-proof top airflow

8. Supports Z0.15 ohm, Z0.2oh, Z0.25ohm DC, Z 0.4ohm coil

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_A_Lock_Design.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Features.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_New_Tri_Proof.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Screen.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Single_18650.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Type_C_Charging.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

This time the sample I received was in standard packaging rather than the nicer reviewer sample box. The outer sleeve slides off to expose a black box that once the top is removed exposes the S100 mod with the Z Tank 2021 and underneath is the USB-C charging cable, spare bubble glass, user manual, spare coil, and some o rings along with a coil removal tool in the accessory pack.

I really very much like the new design of the S100 (Solo 2) compared to the original Aegis Solo. It’s a little less wide so won’t hold quite as big of a tank but is plenty big for the included Z Tank which is 23mm at the bottom but gets bigger as it tapers up. At first, the Z Tank almost looked like it was too big for the mod but I quickly got used to it.

The top of the mod has the 510 plate that is held in place by three torx screws. The center pin on the 510 connection is gold plated and spring loaded. I think that about the biggest tank that will fit without overhang is 25mm.

Toward the front of the mod on top is a rubberized cover that once lifted exposes the USB-C charging port. I really like the positioning of the port and can plug in the cord without removing the tank. The cover allows the mod to have onboard charging/updating but still keep the IP68 rating.

upload_2021-10-7_20-47-18.png

upload_2021-10-7_20-47-41.png

Facing the screen, on the right side is the A-Lock that allows the user to completely lock the mod by simply sliding the switch down toward the bottom. On the left side is the Geekvape name stamped into the inner frame.

The back is a padded imitation leather that has two rows of vertical stitching along with three smaller rows of stitching near the top.

upload_2021-10-7_20-48-44.png

upload_2021-10-7_20-49-0.png

upload_2021-10-7_20-49-20.png

On the front of the mod top to bottom is the fire button, 1.08” TFT display screen and the + and – buttons near the bottom. The display screen shows the following information from top to bottom

- Mode of operation

- Battery level indicator

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Amperage under load

- Voltage under load

- Length of current puff/ Puff counter

upload_2021-10-7_20-50-16.png

On the bottom of the mod is where the screw in battery cap is located just like on the original Solo. However, I felt like this one was a little easier to screw in than I remembered the original one being. The inside of the battery tube is marked clearly with a large red X in the bottom of the tube.

upload_2021-10-7_20-50-54.png

upload_2021-10-7_20-51-11.png

The operation of the menu system of the S100 mod is as follows.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on or off

- Press the fire button three times to highlight the mode of operation and use the + and – buttons to scroll through the modes which are Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, and TC-TCR

- To lock resistance or reset puff counter, press the fire button three times to highlight the mode and then press the fire button to scroll to either setting

- Press the fire button and + or – button to increase or decrease the screen brightness

- To change the screen color, highlight the mode and then press the + and – buttons at the same time

- To view the software information, turn the device off and then press the + and – buttons

- To do a factory data reset, once the software information is viewable, press the fire, + and – buttons at the same time

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_5.5ml_Tank.jpg

GeekVape_S100_Aegis_Solo_2_Kit_Leakproof_Top_Airflow.jpg

I have reviewed the Z Tank 2021 in a prior review so won’t go into great detail. It has a ¼ turn top cap that exposes the two large fill ports. It is a top airflow tank and uses the Z Series coils. The included coils are .2 ohm coil pre-installed rated for 70-80 watts and the .25 ohm coil rated for 45-57 watts. I found the .25 coil to provide superior flavor production but both coils work very well. The coils are push to seat and the redesigned bottom cap screws on to hold it in place and make good connection. I think it would be nice if Geekvape would use different color o rings on the different coils so it would be easier to differentiate between them.

upload_2021-10-7_20-53-56.png

Fc0MDoD.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think the S100 is a real winner. I very much like the slightly smaller size compared to the original Aegis S100 which makes it very comfortable to hold and use. I’ve been a fan of the A-Lock slide control that quickly locks the device since I first tested the Legend 2 for a review. I liked it on that one, like it on the M100, and like it on the S100. I carry my mods in my lunch box coming and going from work and like that I can quickly lock the mod and not have to worry about it accidentally firing which has happened with other mods.

The display screen is large enough that it is easily readable and it’s nice that you can easily adjust the brightness. It’s nice that Geekvape has kept the same interface across different mods so that once you know the button operation of one device then you know how to operate all of them in that series.

The Z Tank 2021 is a solid sub ohm tank that provides very good flavor while using the Z series coils which are also interchangeable across different tanks so you can stock one type of coil and use them in different tanks.

So, would I recommend the Geekvape S100 kit? I think it’s pretty obvious by now that the answer is yes. Whether you want to get the kit with the tank or just the S100 mod, I would recommend it. I think if you liked the Aegis Solo then you’re going to like the S100 even more. Really the only downside I can think of is that the S100 doesn’t have as large of a 510 plate so may not hold larger tanks that you use without some overhang. I know that bothers some people so it’s something to consider before making a purchase.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Geekvape S100 kit that has allowed me to do this review. A HUUUGE thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the Geekvape website. Be careful though, there are a lot of nice products to look at there.

Geekvape S100 | Aegis | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

pcjlasF.jpg

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for the review, Hitt. I like the mod, not sure about those battery caps. I've seen lots of complaints about the threading on the caps with the previous version.

I haven’t had it long enough to say for sure but haven’t had an issue with the battery cap. Lots of mods use this style of cap. Even my Hyperion dna mod has it and I’ve had no issues.

Reactions: Katya

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, I like the mods that Geek Vape puts out. I've never had a problem with the battery caps.

Thanks. I haven't either but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I wonder if all the battery caps are made from the same material on the original and possibly that could be why some have issues and some don't?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review buddy,nice and enjoyable to read as usual.

Got news this morning that i will be getting the same kit to review,this will be my first Aegis mod so finally i can see how it compares to the Jackaroo i love so much.

cheers

P.S: Sending you a quick pm with a question.

I never tried any of the Jackaroo mods. Maybe I should request one for a review. It’s great to see you more active on the forum and look forward to your review on the S100. I think you’ll like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread