Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the M100 Kit from Geekvape , the M100 device is the big upgrade from the Aegis Mini with so many new features that I'll cover later on. I was sent a sample version for this review, the final retail version will have the spare parts bag included. In the Kit you also get the Z Nano 2 tank that uses the B series of coils. For those of you that don't want to use replaceable batteries the M100 will suite you having a internal 2500mAh battery with a power range of 5-100 watts and is still waterproof, dustproof and shockproof but now has a higher rating of IP68. For those that want the ability to change out the battery stay tuned for the S100 that hasn't yet arrived. There's a bunch of new features in the new M100 so let's get started shall we.

Geekvape_M100_1.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Geekvape_S100_Kit_2_520x500.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

• 1 x M100 Aegis Mini 2 Mod
    • 1 x Z Nano 2 Tank 3.5mL
    • 2 x B Series Coils (0.2Ω (50W-58W) (pre-installed) / 0.6Ω (15W-25W))
    • 1 x Drip Tip
    • 1 x Coil Tool
    • 1 x Spare Glass Tube
    • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
    • 1 x USB Type-C Cable

GeekvapeAegisMini2Kit-_1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

• Dimensions: 39.3mm(W) x 136.5mm(H)
    • Output: Max 100W
    • Battery: 2500mAh internal
    • Output Voltage: 8.5V
    • Resistance Range: 0.1Ω-3Ω
    • Low Voltage Warning: 3.3V±0.1V
    • PCBA Temperature Alarm: 85°C
    • Tank Capacity: 3.5mL
    • Thread: 510

FEATURES

• 1 A-lock design provides accidental press protection
    • 2. All-time stable output system
    • 3. 1.08 inch full screen display
    • 4. 2500mAh battery capacity, 100W max output
    • 5. Type-C 5V/2A charging port with flip cover
    • 6. Equipped with Geekvape Z Nano 2 Tank
    • 7. Compatible with Geekvape B Series Coil
    • 8. Industry-leading IP68 rating water & dust resistance
    • 9. Ground-breaking shock-resistance
    • 10. Leakproof top-to-bottom airflow

NEW IP68 RATING

Geekvape_M100_3.jpg

ATTRIBUTES

Geekvape_M100_2.jpg

2500mAh INTERNAL BATTERY AND BUCK-BOOST CONSTANT POWER

Geekvape_M100_4.jpg

LARGER COLOR DISPLAY SCREEN

Geekvape_M100_6.jpg

A-LOCK SWITCH

Geekvape_M100_5.jpg

HIDDEN CHARGE PORT

Geekvape_M100_7.jpg

GeekvapeAegisMini2Kit-_10.jpg

FEATURING THE Z NANO 2 TANK

Geekvape_M100_8.jpg

TOP TO BOTTOM AIR ( LEAKPROOF DESIGN )

Geekvape_M100_9.jpg

z-nano-2-geekvape-clearomiseur-2021.jpg

GeekvapeAegisMini2Kit-_19.jpg

USES B SERIES COILS

Geekvape_M100_10.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I was sent the reviewers sample kit that doesn't include the spare parts bag of goodies but the final retail version will, also packaging will be different as well. When I first opened the orange cover I very impressed with the new look that Geekvape came up with, gone is the fully encased silicone rubber which is a lint magnet needing to be rinsed off often.

The new look uses very hard plastic and metal for it's main materials with a soft luxurious looking leather spine, silicone rubber is still used on the bottom and top of the device. On the interior portion of the device is a bezel that surrounds the inner portion and it's appearance looks like black onyx next to the brushed stainless steel side panels that have GEEKVAPE on them which really dresses up the M100.

Also in the kit is the Z Nano 2 Tank that I have covered in previous reviews so I wont be covering much of it, it's a solid performer using the B coil series that I still use. The drip tip for the Z Nano Tank is a 510 that is replaceable but I still use it because it's comfortable.

20210915_135545.jpg

The Z Nano 2 Tank comes with the 0.2Ω NI80 mesh coil rated at 50-58w pre-installed with the 0.6Ω KA1 mesh coil rated at 15-25w, always prime your coils with a little juice and or fill the tank and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to fully saturate the coil.

20210916_125226.jpg

Opening up the top cap is easy with the knurling notch's and it being a quarter turn to open and close back up, 2 kidney shaped fill slots make filling the tank quick and mess free.

20210916_142620.jpg

The top plate of the M100 is attached with 4 screws and feels very well anchored in place, even though the Z Nano Tank measures 22ml at the base it still looks like it belongs on the device that can fit a 24mm atomizer without any overhang.

20210918_070311.jpg

Just as the Legend 2 does the M100 hides the type-c charge port at the top of the device in the same location, looking at it you would not know it's there. The cover is made from silicone rubber and a tab that plugs into a opening securing the cover in place making a waterproof connection. Fast charging is done with 5v/2A.

20210916_140427.jpg

Soft cushy leather covers the spine of the device and has a luster that really looks high end, 3 stiches of fabric run horizontally in the center top of the spine for a added flare of style, 2 rows of black stitching run vertically from top to bottom on each side to finish off the look.

20210916_124757.jpg

Both of the side panels are brushed metal with the GEEKVAPE name on them , the brushed metal further enhances the style of the M100 as the below picture shows, having a IP68 rating is great and knowing the M100 could take some abuse but something this beautiful will be pampered by me.

20210916_124724.jpg

On the other side of the device is where the magic happens, the M100 has the A-Lock switch that locks all buttons from operating making a more simplified method when putting in a pocket or such, using the locking switch is a breeze up is unlocked and down locks everything. It also blends in with the mod very well.

20210916_124606.jpg

The M100 uses the same display as the Legend 2 and it's information layout is also the same as the Legend 2. The menu is also equally the same easy one.

SCREEN LAYOUT TOP TO BOTTOM

* Power Mode
    * BATTERY BAR
    * Wattage / Temperature
    * Ohms
    * Amps
    * Volts
    * Puff And Time Puffed Counter

20210918_082535.jpg

MENU

*Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on/off

*Three clicks of the fire button to enter settings mode

*One click of the fire button in settings mode moves the cursor to select parameters

*Up and down to change parameters

*Long press the fire button to exit settings mode

*Up and down to change wattage or temperature

*Fire and down at the same time to decrease brightness

*Fire and up at the same time to increase brightness

*Three clicks of the fire button then hold both up and down to change color

Another new feature the M100 has is BUCK/BOOST and for high ohm builders this will be a very nice feature, also with constant power you won't notice a drop in power until about 10% of battery capacity is left.

I really want to give Geekvape a very big thumbs up on the new M100's refreshed look, I still love and use my Aegis devices outside but the M100 will be strictly used indoors on my desk. Pairing the Z Nano Tank with the M100 was also a very good choice for Geekvape because they look so well paired together.

20210916_154145.jpg

PROS

* ATTRACTIVE

* 2500mAh BUILT IN BATTERY

* A-LOCK SWITCH

* IP68 RATED

* BUCK/BOOST

* TYPE-C 5V/2A FAST CHARGING

* HIDDEN CHARGE PORT

* CHOICE OF COLORED SCREEN

* PAIRED WITH Z NANO 2 TANK

* B COILS

* VERY GOOD FLAVOR

* 3.5ML CAPACITY

CONS

* NO STRAIGHT GLASS

USING THE M100 AND Z NANO 2 TANK

First I will say the Z Nano Tank performs great and I have reviewed and used the Nano in the past and it's never let me down, very good flavor with smooth airflow and plenty of capacity for juice.

The M100 has performed great and the A-Lock is fantastic, no more 5 clicks when putting it in a pocket just flip the switch down and you and the device are protected from unintentional firing.

The new appearance is stunning and really looks elegant with all the dressed up features like the bezel that looks like onyx, soft cushy leather, brushed metal sides and the A-Lock switch even has some ribbing enhancing the look even more.

Having Buck/Boost really increases the vaping time, at 1 battery mark on the display is when you notice the decrease of power giving a very week vape but up until then it's constant power.

One other thing I want to mention is the travel of 510 pin is long so all atomizers up to a 24mm will fit flush with no gap showing.

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the M100 Kit for the purpose of this review and can't wait for the S100 kit that uses a single replaceable 18650 battery. I hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the M100 Kit. ( IT'S A WINNER )

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread