Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 1.jpeg

Hi today I would like to tell you about the latest version of the Aegis 18650 Tri-Proof that GeekVape kindly sent me in exchange for my honest review. The kit includes the Zeus Sub-ohm tank version 2021.

* Before starting let's take a look at the main features declared by Geekvape.

1. Compact body
    2. 1.08 inch full screen display
    3. Maximum output power 100W
    4. 5.5ml e-liquid capacity
    5. Six different colors
    6. IP68 waterproof rating and dust resistance
    7. Increased level of impact resistance
    8. Type-C charging port with flip cover
    9. Top filling system
    10. Adjustable air flow
    11. Compatible with Geekvape Z Coil series
    12. External 18650 battery

Enjoy the reading.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100; Packaging:
    The package with which the kit arrived is probably not the final one, it is a large black cardboard box. Externally it shows the Geek vape logo with a specific "sample" not intended for sale.
    Removing the lid reveals a friendly thank you letter written by Geek Vape in gold fonts on an orange background.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 2.jpg

► Package Contents:
    • 1 x Mod
    • 1 x Atomizer (5.5ml)
    • 1 x Replacement glass tube (5.5ml)
    • 1 x Geekvape Z series pre-installed coil: 0.2Ω range 70-80W
    • 1 x Spare Geekvape Z Series Coil: 0.25Ω 45-57W
    • 1 x USB cable (type C)
    • 1 x Bag of spare parts
    • 1 x User Manual

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 3.jpg

► S100 Mod parameters and features:
    • Measurements: 85.5x30.2x40.6
    • Weight: 122g
    • Degree of protection: IP68
    • Battery: replaceable 18650
    • Maximum power: 100W
    • 1.08 inch TFT screen
    • A-lock lock / unlock slider
    • Mode: VW / VPC / Bypass / Stealth
    • Output voltage: 8.5V (maximum)
    • Supported resistance range: 0.1-3Ω
    • Usb charging specifications: 5V / 2.0A.
    • Low voltage warning: 3.3V ± 0.1V.
    • PCBA temperature alarm: 85 ° C
    • Cut-Off: 10s
    • Working temperature: -10 ~ 40 ° C
    • Stand-by current: <100µA
    • Storage temperature: -20 ° C ~ 60 ° C
    • Relative humidity: 10% RH ~ 70% RH

► Zeus Sub-ohm Tank 2021 parameters and characteristics:
    • Thread: 510
    • Width 25mm at the bottom and 29mm at the center
    • Weight: 70gr
    • Height 56mm (Drip-Tip included)
    • Capacity: 5.5ml
    • Construction material: SS
    • Drip-Tip: 810
    • More airflow and better performance
    • Adjustable air flow from the top
    • Leak proof design
    • Coil: Geekvape Z Series

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 4.JPG

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit; Available colours:
    • Silver, Gray, Navy Blue, Red, Rainbow, Classic Black.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 5.jpeg

► Zeus Sub-ohm 2021 Tank; Available colours:
    • The Tank can also be purchased separately and is supplied in the following colors; Silver, Gunmetal, Black, Gold, Blue, Rainbow.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 6.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit; First impressions:
    S100 otherwise called Aegis Solo 2, it maintains the same look as previous versions and the 2nd generation IP68-Tri-proof classification which according to Geekvape further improves the characteristics of resistance to shocks, dust and waterproofing through more robust construction materials such as eg; the mask or frame which now assumes a metallic consistency in place of the previous plastic one.

I also observe the introduction of the slider button for quick locking / unlocking of the Mod, this makes me slightly turn up my nose because we have given up on the classic locking / unlocking system of the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons which still allowed use in locked configuration. I would like the two lock / unlock systems to be both present in a Mod.

The maximum power guaranteed by the 18650 cell will certainly not be that optimistically indicated on the display (100W). The replaceable 18650 battery is still able to allow for a decent boost and good vaping autonomy (if you don't overdo the power). The cell is enclosed in the compartment through the usual screw cap with waterproof characteristics. In case of emergency the Mod can be recharged via a type C port located at the top. The USB interface is protected by a new waterproof rubber flip cover with simple and effective opening.

The Zeus 2021 Top AFC tank accompanies the Kit and I made his acquaintance on the occasion of the legend L200 test.
    Zeus 2021 tank is compatible with all current and previous Geekvape Z series Coils.

Under a three-way comparison, in the image they are present; in the center the "small" M100 (of which I will publish the review soon) the Aegis Max 21700 on the right, and on the left the S100.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 7.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit; Feeling:
    The use of this ergonomic form factor has long been exploited by Geekvape, but also copied by several competitors. However this look doesn't feel the weight of the years and always sets Aegis devices apart from the crowd.

Compared to other previous Aegis creations, the use of shockproof rubber has been reduced to a minimum and this I'm sorry a little, I liked the rubber a lot to the touch. Various colors are available for this kit.
    "Silver" is the sober and elegant version I received for this test.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 8.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; Front/back view:
    The 1.08-inch vertical color display adopts enlarged fonts and is bright enough to display the main and most important data.
    The convenience of the buttons appears even improved, with a larger sizing of the Fire key and the use of a horizontal rocker for the adjustment keys "+" and "-" below the screen.

The handle is redefined in the forms with a greater thickness of the leather decoration. There are two parallel seams arranged vertically and at the top there are 3 white nylon strings. All this gives a handcrafted aspect to the product.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 9.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; Side view:
    The family feeling with the other Aegis at least in the look is evident, there are the torx screws in sight, as well as the leather insert that also extends laterally. The classic grille retains its original appearance, but appears to be more robust. The cover shows "AEGIS" on one side and "GEEKVAPE" on the other.
    * The mask can be removed by unscrewing the 4 screws, and will probably also be sold as a color replacement (sold separately).

The new A-Lock slide key is basically a physical lock button that prevents accidental activation when the mod is stowed in the pockets. This button is easily reachable by the fingers so just slide the slider down to completely disengage the device, thus preventing accidental ignitions that could burn the atomizer coil or cause potentially dangerous situations.

Personally and as I have already said previously, I find the A-Lock sliding button convenient, however I would have also kept the traditional regulation block system (watt) which still allowed you to vape, but it is no longer present on the latest Aegis.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 10.jpg

Reactions: hittman

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; View from above:
    S100 can accommodate atomizers up to 25mm in diameter with no protrusions beyond the body of the mod, the 510 thread has a sliding thread and the contact pin is plated / gold and spring loaded.

The beveled edge above the display houses the waterproof rubber cover that hides the USB-C charging port. The port can also be used for FW update.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 11.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; Bottom view:
    The lower part of the Mod is covered with soft silicone rubber and offers quietness in support with a good grip to keep S100 stably upright. The steel cap is equipped with a liftable tab for screwing / unscrewing operations. The direction of insertion of the 18650 cell is indicated both inside the cap and on the bottom of the compartment.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 12.jpg

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 13.jpg

► Zeus Sub-ohm Tank 2021:
    Zeus Sub-ohm tank version 2021:
    This Tank is the restyling of the previous Zeus Top AFC and differs in a few details, on the central structure it has a new laser engraved logo and the upper AFC adjustment is wider for better performance in DL.
    Below we can see all the pieces that make up the Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank; the central trunk, the Top-Cap, the drip-tip, the deck, the coil, the air adjustment ring, the Tool to extract the coils (not present in the S100 kit package) and the 5.5ml Bubble glass.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 14.JPG

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 15.jpg

The Top cap is equipped with an internal o'ring to hold the drip tip.
    The closure of the top-cap is the same and effective as the other Zeus, in fact half a turn is enough to open / close thanks to the interlocking system through the two teeth placed on the body of the atomizer. For the refill, the respective slots are large in size.

On the bottom of the atom the pin 510 is gold-plated and protruding enough, always on the bottom there is the serial number, designed by geekvape, C E marks, disposal and the name of the brand.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 16.jpg

In the image below you can see the two large slots communicating with the air-flow top and the slots for the metal tabs designed to house the coil. With a simple pressure we will insert our coil, taking care that the fins of the coil itself fit into the two notches visible in the photo, the three large white o'ring are used for the hermetic seal of the pyrex glass and the air adjustment ring.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 17.jpg

► Zeus Sub-ohm Tank 2021; Z Coil:
    Dimensionally well equipped the Z coils are offered by Geekvape in a wide range for all RDL / DL needs, below in the image there are those supplied in the S100 Kit.

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 18.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button 5 times in quick succession.
    • New atomizer: When a new atomizer is inserted the user is prompted to select new / old atomizer.
    • Power Adjustment: Press the "+" or "-" buttons to adjust the power between 5 and 100W, the increment is 0.5W at a time.
    • Menu Navigation: Press the Fire button 3 times to enter the setting mode, press the "+/-" buttons together to cycle through Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS and TC-TCR, press and hold the Fire button to confirm your choice.
    • TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS and TC-TCR: In the menu press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the temperature up / down between 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C each increment will be 5 ° F / 1 ° C
    • VPC (Variable Power Curve): In the menu press the Fire button to scroll and select P1. Press the "+/-" buttons to adjust the P1 power value. Keep pressing the Fire button to move the cursor to P2 and repeat the same operation to adjust the power value P3, P4, P5.
    • Bypass mode: In the Bypass mode menu, the output voltage is approximately equal to the battery voltage (maximum output power and maximum output current are limited).
    • Mod Lock / Unlock: Use the cursor
    • Background color change: In setting mode, press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to switch to the next theme (Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow).
    • Screen brightness adjustment: Press the "+" and the Fire button simultaneously to display the brightness adjustment icon, hold down the fire button and adjust the brightness with the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • FW display: Press the fire button 5 times to turn off the device, during shutdown press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for seconds, the version information will be visible for a few seconds, or when the device is off, hold by pressing the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously, the screen will display the FW version number.

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Mod; Protections:
    • Protection against battery reversal
    • Overheating protection
    • Low temperature protection
    • Triple overvoltage protection
    • Low voltage protection
    • Charge and discharge overcurrent protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low Ohm protection
    • Cut-Off: 10s

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 19.jpg

► Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit; Final conclusions:
    During the review I have already expressed opinions and evaluations on various aspects, both positive and improvable, of this Kit. So I summarize and briefly update some important points.

Aegis is universally recognized in the "vape world" as a cheap, robust and reliable mod. The S100 version retains all the best already seen on the previous Aegis IP67. With the introduction of the IP68 specification, the "Tri-Proof" features of the device have also improved. The finishes are of the highest quality (in relation to the price range).

The new AS chipset is responsive to commands and expresses itself well even at "high" wattages, rich in functions, manages the 18650 cell in a balanced way throughout the discharge phase. The ohm reading appears precise and the progression by holding down the up / down keys while adjusting the power is very fast. The large display reads well and offers the possibility to customize the background with 5 different color options. S100 thanks to its small size and weight with its accurate Watt regulation can also be useful for those who want to install and use MTL tanks.

The updated Zeus Sub Ohm 2021 with replaceable Z coils is not a brand new project, but it defends itself with a good build quality and with a very good aromatic yield when compared to other sub-ohm tanks with Top AFC intended for novice users of the vape.

The watertightness of the tank is a direct consequence of the arrangement of the air circuit from above and is always appreciated even by expert users.
    The practical refilling of the Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank derives from the comfortable and large supply slots and from the hermetic and fast opening / closing system of the Top-Cap with 1/4 turn.

The pre-installed 0.2Ω Z coil with 70-80W range is a wild beast and releases a remarkable amount of vapor and aroma, however it is not the most suitable coil for the best autonomy of a single-battery device like this. To the rescue there is the excellent 0.25Ω spare Z coil which with a range of use between 45 and 57W is more suitable for the device and its battery.

S100 kit has satisfied me and in particular the Mod so I recommend you safely insert it in your next wish-list!

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the sample for the review.
    Geekvape S100

GeekVape Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread