Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello friends and welcome back for today's review of the Geekvape S-100 ( Solo 2 ) Kit that was provided to me from sourcemore, this kit can be purchased from sourcemore by clicking this link GeekVape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Kit with Z Subohm Tank. The S-100 is a updated version of Geekvape's original Solo that has a IP67 rating making it dustproof, waterproof and shockproof. The new S-100 has a higher rating of IP68 making it even stronger than the original Solo which happens to be my work mod. I can attest to the durability and strength of the original Solo as you will see later in a photo, it's had many years of abuse but still works like day one. What new features are in the S-100 and how well does the Z Subohm 2021 tank perform, after looking at some info on the kit I will discuss all the pros and cons of it.

GeekvapeS100Kit20210810_1.png

GeekvapeS100Kit20210810.png

COLOR CHOICES

GeekVape-S100-Aegis-Solo-2-Kit-Colours-1024x1024.jpg

IN THE BOX

1* GeekVape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Mod

1* GeekVape Z Subohm 2021 Tank 5.5ml

1* GeekVape Z Series 0.2ohm Coil (preinstalled, 70-80W)

1* GeekVape Z Series 0.25ohm Coil (Spare, 45-57W)

1* Coil Tool

1* Spare Parts Pack

1* Spare Glass Tube 5.5ml

1* USB Type-C Cable

s100-spec-03.png

PARAMETERS AND SPECIFICATIONS

* Size: 40.46* 137.6mm

* Battery: single 18650 battery(not included)

* Output: max 100W

* Output voltage: max 8.5V

* Resistance range: 0.1-3ohm

* Screen: 1.08 inch TFT display

* Charging: 5V/2A

* Low voltage warning: 3.3V+-0.1V

* PCBA Temperature alarm: 85C

* Longest vaping time: 10s

* Working temperature: -10-40C

* Stand-by current: < 10uA

* Storage temperature: -20-60C

* Relative humidity: 10% RH- 70% RH

* Capacity: 5.5ml

* Resistance: 0.2ohm KA1 single mesh coil (70-80W)

* 0.25ohm KA1 dual mesh coil (45-57W)

* Thread: 510

FEATURES

• 1. Industry-leading IP68 rating water & dust resistance
    • 2. Ground-breaking shock-resistance
    • 3. External 18650 battery, 1.08 inch full screen display
    • 4. With Geekvape Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank
    • 5. Type-c charging port with flip cover
    • 6. A-lock design provides accidental press protection
    • 7. Leakproof top airflow
    • 8. Supports Z0.15 ohm, Z0.2oh, Z0.25ohm DC, Z 0.4ohm coil

S100-Kit-19.jpg

S100-Kit-20.jpg

IP68 RATING

S100-Kit-14.jpg

REPLACABLE SINGLE 18650 BATTERY

S100-Kit-15.jpg

HIDDEN TYPE-C CHARGE PORT

S100-Kit-16.jpg

LARGER 1.08" COLOR DISPLAY SCREEN

S100-Kit-18.jpg

A-LOCK SWITCH

S100-Kit-17.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

My first impression was that it's definitely a Aegis but with most of the silicone rubber material removed that used to encase the entire device on the original Solo, there is still some silicone rubber for protection and strength but only at the base and top of the device.

The skeleton of the older Solo also remains on the new version but with a switch located on one side that when slid down locks all buttons, the new A-Lock switch is a great feature when it's time to pocket the device, this is such a convenient time saving feature.

The other side of the S-100's skeleton has GEEKVAPE embossed across it. The leather spine has also remained on the Solo 2 but with more of a cushioned softer feel to it, 3 horizontal stitches run across at the top between 2 rows of vertical stitching running from top to bottom..

The tank that's included is the Geekvape Z Sub Ohm 2021 version Tank. This Tank has the hand clenching a lightning bolt printed on the barrel chamber that we are familiar with on Geekvape Tanks.

Included in the box are a spares bag, charge cord, user manual, extra 5.5ml bubble tank, coil removal assist tool, warning card, warranty card and 2nd coil that is a KA 0.25Ω dual mesh rated for 45-57w, pre-installed in the tank is a KA 0.2Ω single mesh coil rated for 70-80w.

20220121_125308.jpg

Back in May of 2021 I reviewed the Legend 2 from Geekvape that also had the Z 2021 Sub-Ohm Tank included with it so I'm not going to elaborate much on it but I will say it's a great Sub Tank that is top air with great flavor from the Z coils of which all can be used in this tank. I'll leave a link if you wish to check out the Legend 2 review with the same tank.
    GEEKVAPE AEGIS LEGEND 2 KIT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

GeekvapeAegisLegend2kit-_15.jpg

Some of you might not know what the coil removal assist tool is so I'll include a picture, if you have manual dexterity issues this tool is there to help in removing a coil. The tank breaks down for cleaning into 6 parts including the drip tip.

9739846-5.jpg

20210511_142200-jpg.941921

Starting at the top plate I will tell you up to a 24mm atomizer fits without any overhang, all atomizers I tried on the S-100 sat flush without any gap, the spring-loaded 510 has a very generous travel throw to it.

20220121_144007.jpg

The silicone rubber with the lightning bolt pictured in the above picture is also where the hidden Type-C charge port is located. This is a big improvement from the original Solo that I always have to dig into to expose the charge port if I forget to install a fresh battery and need to charge, the hidden charge port is so well hidden that if you didn't know it was there you would never spot it because the cover blends in so well with the mod. Opening the cover is much easier as well, all that's needed is a flick upward with your thumb.

20220123_121747.jpg

The battery cover is the same as the original twist off but with much more force needed to open and close, I think Geekvape used beefed up O-Rings on the Solo 2, the opening latch feels stronger as well.

20220122_115139.jpg

Inside the battery tube a Red + symbol can be easily seen showing correct battery placement, the battery door cap also shows correct polarity placement with a - symbol.

20220123_120212.jpg

20220123_120506.jpg

I'm sure that you will agree with me on just how attractive the new Solo 2 looks, I really love the brushed metal, to me it gives the mod a much more high end look.

The A-Lock switch pictured here is such a great new feature that I wish every device had, just a stroke down with you thumb locks the entire device from operating, perfect for pocket carry. Putting it back into operation is just as easy with a stroke upward on the switch. I feel the switch has just the right amount of resistance to it (not to hard or easy to move).

20220129_082745.jpg

As I mentioned earlier the spine now has some cushion to it and the 3 white accent stiches bring a classy look to it as well. I think the new S-100 (SOLO 2) is such a major improvement over the original and I haven't even started talking about the new AI yet.

20220123_123621.jpg

Before we go any further I would like to show you a comparison of the new S-100 (Solo 2) and my original Solo that I use every day and have used since 2019. I'm in the construction trade and need a device that is able to take abuse over and over again and the Solo has been a true workhorse, I can't even count how many times this device has been dropped from my truck, docks or skidded across the street, of course the tanks that were on it broke but the solo still works like day 1.

The paint is almost gone from the skeleton and buttons and the display screen has some scuffs on it but it's working like new. With the new Solo 2 I think Geekvape wanted to keep the basic look of the device but give it a more refined appearance.

I know the S-100 has a new rating of IP68 that allows it to be submerged in at least 3 feet of water but without being encased in silicone rubber as the original is I don't think it could take the punishment that the original Solo can, remember there are only 2 spots of silicone rubber on the S-100 (Top and Bottom). The charge port cover is off on the original Solo.

20220122_114359.jpg

The A-Lock switch was a new feature that was introduced on the Legend 2 and I'm so glad Geekvape included it on the S-100 along with the UI of the Legend 2.

7 power modes including manual TCR adjustment on the S-100.

* Power

* Bypass

* VPC - ( Variable Power Curve )

* TC- Nickle

* TC - TI

* TC - SS

* TC - TCR

DISPLAY SCREEN LAYOUT ( TOP TO BOTTOM )

* Power Mode

* Battery Bar

* Wattage/Temp - Lock/Unlock Symbol

* Ohm's

* Amps

* Voltage

* Puff Counter

20220123_123742.jpg

There are also 5 colors to use on the display screen.

Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow

MENU

*Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on/off

*Three clicks of the fire button to enter settings mode

*One click of the fire button in settings mode moves the cursor to select parameters

*Up and down to change parameters

*Long press the fire button to exit settings mode

*Up and down to change wattage or temperature

*Fire and down at the same time to decrease brightness

*Fire and up at the same time to increase brightness

*Three clicks of the fire button then hold both up and down to change color

PROS

* Attractive

* A-Lock Switch

* Hidden Charge Port

* Comfortable Hand Feel

* Leather Spine

* Bright And Vivid Display Screen

* Responsive Buttons

* 7 Power Modes

* Color Display Screen

* 5.5ML Tank

* Great Flavor

CONS

* Screw On Battery Cover Is a Bit Tough To Open And Close

USING THE S-100 Kit

The upgrades on the new Solo 2 are fantastic as well as the new look of it, I still plan on using my original though as the Solo 2 is too beautiful of a device to be used as a beater mod.

The A-Lock should be on every full sized device Geekvape makes from now on as it's such a nice feature.

Both coils that were provided gave great flavor with the dual being my favorite of the 2.

The kit is a very nice one and I would recommend it 100% Being a wattage only vaper I can't comment on the TC modes but you do have manual TCR to dial in your own preferences.

I would like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi once again for providing the S-100 (SOLO 2) Kit for the purpose of this review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread