Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    GeekVape Z MTL tank

Before starting the review let's see the characteristics declared by Geekvape:
    1. Specially designed for MTL vaping
    2. Top filling system, 2ml liquid capacity
    3. Leak-proof top airflow system, precise MTL airflow control
    4. Z-level leak proof design for zero leakage
    5. Elegant design with "Z" window to check the liquid level
    6. Protected by the metal shell, more resistant to breakage
    7. Suitable for Geekvape A Series coils which offer thick flavor and satisfying throat hit

Enjoy the reading

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 1.jpg

Packaging:

The black box with sliding case is probably the non-definitive one and is presented in a rather anonymous way; on the front there are only silver-colored striped decorations and the small logo with the inscription Geekvape at the bottom in one corner.
    On the back are shown; the wording "sample", the packing list, information for contacting Geekvape, logos and brands.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 2.jpg

► The kit includes:
    • 1x Geekvape Z MTL Tank
    • 1x Coil series A - 0.8Ω (installed)
    • 1x Coil series A - 1.2Ω
    • 1x extra Drip Tip
    • 1x Spare part's packet
    • 1x User Manual

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 3.jpg

► Geekvape Z MTL Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 22.4 × 55.2mm
    • Capacity: 2ml
    • Compatible coils: A Series by Geekvape
    • Adjustable air flow from the top
    • Top filling
    • Protected glass section

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 4.jpg

► Available colors:

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 5.jpeg

► First impressions:
    Surely with this new product Geekvape winks at an audience of MTL users who use tanks with prefabricated heads for convenience, but who also need to have an "anti-leak" product and for this reason the tank refers to the solution with Top-AFC like other Zeus Sub-ohm for RDL / DL vaping. The glass protection steel cage structure protects against unwanted breakage.

I was surprised that there is no replacement glass in the package, then I understood why; the tank is not removable. I thought this is not going to please and many will think this is a limitation, however the cage has a very wide protection for the glass, and I believe it is impossible to break it even if you put some effort into it! I also thought that some might argue that the cleaning operations since the tank is not removable will be complicated, but I think we all have a tap with running water in the house, or at least I hope so. However, we are talking about a cheap product and the fact that the tank cannot be disassembled is completely acceptable to me; seeing this positively and being a monoblock, it can certainly be said that there will be no leaks between the glass / tank junctions.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 6.jpg

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 7.jpg

► External view:
    The main element is certainly the "cage" or armature as you prefer, to protect the tank glass, with its double window (one on each side) with a typical "Z" shape for controlling the internal liquid level.
    The two movable parts, top / cap and base, are provided with knurling to increase the grip with the fingers. Above The AFC ring shows the writing "Geekvape Z" The lower base ends towards the 510 attachment with a calyx profile that reduces its size from 22.4mm to 20mm.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 8.jpg

► AFC
    The AFC system is composed of a rotating ring with limit switch stops that can regulated a total of 6 holes (3 per side), these holes have a diameter of 0.8mm each. The part of air that enters from the top is conveyed downwards to feed the coil, subsequently the flow rises in the form of steam. It goes without saying that with this system you are protected from any liquid leaks.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 9.jpg

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 10.gif

Reactions: hittman

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Top Cap:
    The knurls on the perimeter allow a good grip with the fingers, the piece is made of steel and can accommodate any type 510 drip-tip. The two drip tips supplied in the kit are typically "siren style" in appearance, rather long and very thin with a narrow hole particularly suitable for MTL vaping. I don't understand much the choice of inserting two identical Drip-Tips in the kit.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 11.jpg

► Refil:
    With the "bayonet" system, 1/4 turn is enough to open / close the tank and access the refill slots. the slots are large in size and also allow the use of large-tipped dispensers; furthermore, filling is facilitated by the lowered position of the slots to avoid liquid overflows. After topping up with eliquid, the internal part of the Top-Cap which uses two silicone Orings adequately protects the junction with the tank from drafts of air.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 12.jpg

► Coil A Series:
    Geekvape uses this Z MTL Tank the specific A Series coils for this use. The kit includes a 0.8Ω (installed) with 12-16W range and a 1.2Ω one with 8-12W range as spare part.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 13.jpg

► Tank details:
    As you can see from the images below, the coil insertion system is of the "press and pull" type. A row of 6 holes (3 on each side) which are mirrored to those present in the AFC ring have the task of channeling the air towards the coil. The base of the tank has a gold-plated pin at the top of the 510 thread, always on the bottom there are the writings; "Designed By Geekvape made In China", a numeric code and the name of the product (Geekvape Z).

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 14.jpg

► Aesthetics:
    Geekvape Z MTL Tank with its small size goes well with medium / small cut Mods.

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 15.jpg

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 16.jpg

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 17.jpg

► Final conclusions:
    Aesthetically I find this new tank from Geekvape very pleasant and characterized by a solid armor. All the details are sufficiently cared for, the thread between the tank and the lower base is smooth and sliding. The Drip Tip with two orings is stable in its position, the top-cap is solid and robust with an always valid 1/4 turn opening / closing system. The coils are inserted from the bottom and there is no liquid control towards the coil. However, the control of the liquid can very well be given up in a tank of only 2ml of capacity which is powered by pre-packaged heads that do not have overfeeding problems.

The AFC system at maximum opening (6 holes) is able to give a discreetly open "almost" RDL MTL vape with the 0.8Ω coil. While with only one hole selected (1.2Ω coil) the Puff takes on the characteristics of a rather restricted MTL type vape. Of course, I did not detect any problems with liquid leaks during the test and not even irregular power supplies to the resistances which both work well, with a good liquid supply and no tendency to spitting.

I therefore consider Geekvape MTL Z Tank a very reliable, economical, and with good performance product, suitable for inexperienced users who want to rest assured without inconveniences.

► Thanks for reading.

► Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the sample for review.
    Geekvape Z MTL Tank

GeekVape Zeus MTL Tank 18.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread