Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Marc411 advised 2.5 x 4. Deck really isn't so bad, just the flat heads. Daniel's tip on yt vid for coil legs is spot on perfect height. Loves more wick than you think it needs. Wicks great, using KGD this time around. Have a 3mm coil in now, will go to 3.5 for next one.
    Thanks, I think I have some that size...:thumb:
    Don't like small flat heads either.
    Mine is still on the slow boat.

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    Hmmm - the gunmetal would look just fine on a black minikin, which I was thinking of adding to my collection.

Any of them would look good on a black minikin PJ [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    Marc411 advised 2.5 x 4. Deck really isn't so bad, just the flat heads. Daniel's tip on yt vid for coil legs is spot on perfect height. Loves more wick than you think it needs. Wicks great, using KGD this time around. Have a 3mm coil in now, will go to 3.5 for next one.

In case I ever need to get grub screws where would you recommend I order them from? Besides the different heads and size they are all pretty much the same aren't they? I noticed in the past that the allen head screws that came installed in my Geekvape RDAs seemed a lot harder and didn't strip out like some others that I had in the past. Thanks

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    There are a couple different points on grub screws, make sure to always buy the flat point.

They are all pretty much the same, SS grub screws. The quality of the precision threading is where there may be a difference.

The quantities are always large unless you buy direct, you can get small quantities but the shipping is higher.

Buy Precision Components - AccuGroup

These: M2.5 X 4 Flat

https://www.amazon.com/M2-5-Point-S...pID=41O-cJPqSbL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

These may come in handy too, they fit the SMM and many others

https://www.amazon.com/100pcs-Stain...pID=41get98kVJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
    https://www.amazon.com/100pcs-Stain...pID=41get98kVJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
    These will fit the Nano, the 4mm are almost to long.

https://www.amazon.com/DealMux-Stai...UTF8&qid=1510980951&sr=1-22&keywords=M3+X+3mm

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Other than deck screws I have no negatives for the Zeus. Put 510 dt on it and liking it better. AF on this rta at any setting is sweet and smooth. Wicks like a champ. Will not be replacing Nano's, but definitely joining them in daily rotation!

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2015
    Is it just me or does it seem like the new trend in drip tips is short and fat? Am I missing something here? Is that what vapors really want? I really like Stingray styled drip tips and hate when the tank touches my lips and/or face.
    I realised I only own one mod really capable of holding the Zeuss so I think I will wait until I can find a dual battery mod that will matchy-matchy that blue one. Any suggestions or pics of the blue one on some mods would be awesome.....:):cool:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Is it just me or does it seem like the new trend in drip tips is short and fat? Am I missing something here? Is that what vapors really want? I really like Stingray styled drip tips and hate when the tank touches my lips and/or face.
    I realised I only own one mod really capable of holding the Zeuss so I think I will wait until I can find a dual battery mod that will matchy-matchy that blue one. Any suggestions or pics of the blue one on some mods would be awesome.....:):cool:
    I'm enjoying the 510 dt option and it isn't so short, also intensifies flavor. If you have a Gen2 that dt is a perfect fit and is taller. I'm not into blue mods, sorry no ideas there.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    The DT installed on the Zeus when it arrived was a bit too short, the other included 810 DT was a much better height, to me. I like wide drip tips, I don't like them too long or too short, Goldilocks Syndrome, I like them just right.

Probably one of my fav 510 DT was on the OG Merlin, love that shape, wasn't too long or too short. I like a little curve in my DTs, just feels more comfortable.

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA

Smoke pro color has a sweet looking blue mod The the Zeus would look great on.

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA

Smoke pro color has a sweet looking blue mod The the Zeus would look great on.
    smok pro color - Google Search:

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    There are a couple different points on grub screws, make sure to always buy the flat point.

They are all pretty much the same, SS grub screws. The quality of the precision threading is where there may be a difference.

The quantities are always large unless you buy direct, you can get small quantities but the shipping is higher.

Buy Precision Components - AccuGroup

These: M2.5 X 4 Flat

https://www.amazon.com/M2-5-Point-S...pID=41O-cJPqSbL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

These may come in handy too, they fit the SMM and many others

These will fit the Nano, the 4mm are almost to long.

https://www.amazon.com/DealMux-Stai...UTF8&qid=1510980951&sr=1-22&keywords=M3+X+3mm

Wow. Just wow.

Many thanks

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The DT installed on the Zeus when it arrived was a bit too short, the other included 810 DT was a much better height, to me. I like wide drip tips, I don't like them too long or too short, Goldilocks Syndrome, I like them just right.

Probably one of my fav 510 DT was on the OG Merlin, love that shape, wasn't too long or too short. I like a little curve in my DTs, just feels more comfortable.

I really like the Merlin tips too. I looked for a long time to find some to buy. I did get some colored ones that are augvape but they are a little shorter and was told that they are the ones like what come on the merlin mini. I still like them anyway. I got them from FT but the color selection is random.

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Confirmed. One each USDA Grade A Choice OBS Nano Killer with the help of my little woodie drip tip.
    Zeus.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I really like the Merlin tips too. I looked for a long time to find some to buy. I did get some colored ones that are augvape but they are a little shorter and was told that they are the ones like what come on the merlin mini. I still like them anyway. I got them from FT but the color selection is random.
    I've seen those, been thinking about trying them. I ended getting some other resin DTs from FT, the random color thing is always a crapshoot.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Shhh...the children will hear you. Not a Nano killer for me. Just as good and better at a couple of things. Loving af on Zeus, def better than Nano. And I will admit Zeus is better looking.
    Sweet tip @Walee, first black I've seen. Looks great on the G class.

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Shhh...the children will hear you. Not a Nano killer for me. Just as good and better at a couple of things. Loving af on Zeus, def better than Nano. And I will admit Zeus is better looking.
    Sweet tip @Walee, first black I've seen. Looks great on the G class.
    That thing is ridiculously easy to build on. Almost embarrassing, lol. Put in a 3mm parallel clapton and the cotton fit so perfectly I didn't even comb it at all. With that thing you could scotch roll, doobie roll, or roll on the floor laughing and it would pump flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread