GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
@Walee I've not used a parallel clapton yet, just single wire. How many wraps? What wire?
I love TC so I used two strands of 30G SS and wrapped it with 36G SS. Came out to about .6Ω. Ramps quick, responds nicely to TC and lovin the flavor. Real easy to spin up. You should give it a go.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I love TC so I used two strands of 30G SS and wrapped it with 36G SS. Came out to about .6Ω. Ramps quick, responds nicely to TC and lovin the flavor. Real easy to spin up. You should give it a go.
Baby steps. I've ordered twisting pliers (hate drills, they don't put holes where I ask them to).

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've seen those, been thinking about trying them. I ended getting some other resin DTs from FT, the random color thing is always a crapshoot.

I agree about the random thing. Out of the ones I've bought, there's a brown one that I like a lot and a couple other blue/purple ones that are ok but not favorites. I got a really ugly orange one.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Changed wick in Zeus, used Drago this time (KGD last time). Have to say I'm getting more nic satisfaction with Zeus than with Nanos. May drop next mixes down a percent or two. Will wait until I try a different coil in Zeus. Grubs have shipped, should be here in about a week.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Are the screws really that bad or do you just prefer grubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't mind the flat heads if they weren't inset and if the notch was not so shallow. The screws GV chose are just frustrating to use.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Last edited:

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2017
    Apex, NC USA
    Reactions: KC0YNU

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Don't do this. I am trying to SAVE money, not spend it. And posts like this make me want to go out and buy this thing right now. :D
    Per @Marc411 I second his emotion!!! Think of it as an investment. I stock nothing but round wire and spin up my own more exotic coils with this thing. I've got 30-24 gauge in both Kanthal and Stainless with a roll of 36G of each for wrap. I can hit a very wide array of different builds, resistances, ramp times, thermal transfer ratios, etc and my wire cost is very minimal. Give it some thought. Most important, do you like doing this kind of stuff?, e.g. wrapping/spinning wire. It is one of those rare hobbies that pays you as apposed to cars, boats, firearms, bars, fast women, etc. Of course, having said that, there's nothing wrong with having more than one hobby :evil:

• Winner
    Reactions: Marc411

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    I do some basic twisted wire sets, but don't have enough interest in building claptons or other exotic wires/coils. I can buy rolls of clapton or fused clapton (and other types) and then just wind my coils with the pre-made wire of choice. I admire people who do their own wire making, but I just don't find that part of my hobby that interesting nor do I have the time for it. Kudos to those who do it though!

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    It’s an exercise in patience DP. I resisted the urge to cancel based on the reviews. Now I’m in for the long haul. Lol however long that might be. I’m banking on it being here in time to call it a Christmas present to myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    @Major911 - Just noticed a FT employee posted she thought they might go out this Friday. Who knows. And who knows if we would be part of this next shipping batch. But I'm going to go ahead and hang in there as well and get it when I get it. I have plenty of gear to vape on.

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    Iowa
    I ordered a couple from Eciggity ... should hopefully be here on Wednesday. Looking forward to putting these up against my original OBS Engine dual coil tanks. Already practicing larger coils in the Engine, built dual 10 wrap 28G SS316L ... the small holes in the Engine deck aren't really conducive to large coils though, had to really thin the wick down to fit them in the holes without choking them! Assuming based on what I've seen/read so far that I should have a bit more room to work with on the Zeus... and will probably go down to 26GA as well (I use DNA75 mods/temp control).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I ordered a couple from Eciggity ... should hopefully be here on Wednesday. Looking forward to putting these up against my original OBS Engine dual coil tanks. Already practicing larger coils in the Engine, built dual 10 wrap 28G SS316L ... the small holes in the Engine deck aren't really conducive to large coils though, had to really thin the wick down to fit them in the holes without choking them! Assuming based on what I've seen/read so far that I should have a bit more room to work with on the Zeus... and will probably go down to 26GA as well (I use DNA75 mods/temp control).
    Zeus deck has room for larger diameter coil. Zeus is also a cotton junkie, absolute wicking monster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread