GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
So we have a LOT of OBS Engine Nano people in this thread. So I am going to going to hijack it for just a few replies...

My bday was a couple of days ago and I have a little bit of cash ($25) to spend on myself. I REALLY love the Zeus, but since I am fairly new to the vaping world I would love to expand my horizons a little bit and so I am looking at the OBS engines. That being said I love the Zeus with the flavor it provides as a single coil tank.

BUT...

I also use the SMOK TFV8 RTA dual coil, and the Solomon (thank you to both of the members on ECF that sent me them to try, they are both in daily use by myself and my wife). While I prefer the Zeus, and the single coil tank, I don't consider myself to be experienced enough to decide on going with the OBS Nano or the OBS OG RTA (dual coil).

What are your suggestions?

Or should I spend the money on clapton wire, a new mod, etc.? :D

Reactions: Letitia

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Let us know how it works. I will be using the 510 adapter on mine when it get here. If mine is not tight, I will either silicon it in or try another adapter.

So, flipping it makes it tighter in the atty but the drip tip is still loose. Need to use an extra o ring.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
So we have a LOT of OBS Engine Nano people in this thread. So I am going to going to hijack it for just a few replies...

My bday was a couple of days ago and I have a little bit of cash ($25) to spend on myself. I REALLY love the Zeus, but since I am fairly new to the vaping world I would love to expand my horizons a little bit and so I am looking at the OBS engines. That being said I love the Zeus with the flavor it provides as a single coil tank.

BUT...

I also use the SMOK TFV8 RTA dual coil, and the Solomon (thank you to both of the members on ECF that sent me them to try, they are both in daily use by myself and my wife). While I prefer the Zeus, and the single coil tank, I don't consider myself to be experienced enough to decide on going with the OBS Nano or the OBS OG RTA (dual coil).

I am really happy that you are using the TFV8 deck. :) I like the Engine Nano but honestly, I prefer bottom flow tanks for flavor. You cannot go wrong with the Nano, but if you need wire, buy wire. I am certainly helpful. LOL

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
I am really happy that you are using the TFV8 deck. :) I like the Engine Nano but honestly, I prefer bottom flow tanks for flavor. You cannot go wrong with the Nano, but if you need wire, buy wire. I am certainly helpful. LOL

It is in my daily rotation @PJReid and it really depends on if the flavor is one that my wife likes, because she will steal it from me if it is. Thank you so much for the use of it!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
It is in my daily rotation @PJReid and it really depends on if the flavor is one that my wife likes, because she will steal it from me if it is. Thank you so much for the use of it!

Absolutely my pleasure.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016

BUT...

Buy Clapton wire, definitely.
You absolutely need to try 4-wrap coils in Zeus.
Here is what I collect today from Fasttech:
Kanthal Clapton.jpg

Man... I am going to play with them whole night.:D

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Might be getting my Zeus tomorrow... That will be fast if it does get here. Can't wait to try it. My only concern will be the 510 drip tip. If I have to silicon the adapter and drip tip in, it will need at least half a day to cure.
    Could just be the drip tip variations causing looseness.
    I'm not having any issues with the adapter and the DT i'm using.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Could just be the drip tip variations causing looseness.
    I'm not having any issues with the adapter and the DT i'm using.
    Thanks, That's good to hear. Mine is out for delivery!!! I love the drip tips that come with the Berserker and the Ares. Anyone know where I can find these?

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    I bought this, SS316L Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 30ga X 2(=)+38ga and so far I like it. View attachment 724073
    Thank you for sharing that. I've been trying to get my resistance up in my Berserker Mini with SS316L and am not having much luck. What kind of resistance are you getting with it?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Thanks, That's good to hear. Mine is out for delivery!!! I love the drip tips that come with the Berserker and the Ares. Anyone know where I can find these?

Me too, I have no problem using my Merlin style drip tip with the adapter.
    @ricks:
    Another option is to find a 810 drip tip which shape like your favorite 510 drip tip, it will be better still if you can find one in the same color with the tank. However you need to be very careful if you were to buy one online , otherwise you might end up like me:
    Zeus 1.jpg

Not only the color does not really match, yet if you take a closer look:

Zeus 2.jpg

I am mad!:cry:
    It is like a fat lady with her butts over hang on a toilet bowl...:facepalm:
    Imagine I have to look at this day in day out...:facepalm:

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Me too, I have no problem using my Merlin style drip tip with the adapter.
    @ricks:
    Another option is to find a 810 drip tip which shape like your favorite 510 drip tip, it will be better still if you can find one in the same color with the tank. However you need to be very careful if you were to buy one online , otherwise you might end up like me:
    View attachment 724079
    Not only the color does not really match, yet if you take a closer look:

View attachment 724081
    I am mad!:cry:
    It is like a fat lady with her butts over hang on a toilet bowl...:facepalm:
    Imagine I have to look at this day in day out...:facepalm:
    It's so sparkly... LoL. I don't like the big hole drip tips. I hated the one that came with the Merlin.

I like a small holed lip contouring mouth piece... See pic

Attachments

• Vandy_Vape_Berserker_RTA_3_large.png
      Vandy_Vape_Berserker_RTA_3_large.png
      44 KB · Views: 26

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Thank you for sharing that. I've been trying to get my resistance up in my Berserker Mini with SS316L and am not having much luck. What kind of resistance are you getting with it?
    I currently have a 4 wrap 2.5mm coil coming in at .51Ω

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    I currently have a 4 wrap 2.5mm coil coming in at .51Ω
    That's roughly where I am now with the coil that came with the Berserker mini. I'm trying to get my resistance up to 1.0 or a bit higher but with SS it's not that easy. At least for me. I'm relatively new to making my own wire and coils.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    That's roughly where I am now with the coil that came with the Berserker mini. I'm trying to get my resistance up to 1.0 or a bit higher but with SS it's not that easy. At least for me. I'm relatively new to making my own wire and coils.
    I would say go up in gauge and use tc. You get better results in tc for ramp of thicker wire, or utilizing a curve function. Bonus is the coils last much longer. You might want to give MacTechVpr's blogs a read about tension builds as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread