Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Not sure if still an active coupon, 20% off AVS. Pick up a spool of 24g and some like 22g. 22g is hard for me to work with, puny hand strength, but damn if they don't last for months! get a spool of the thicker wire fc wire too.
Think I'll do that. You continue to rock!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't tried TC much at all. I want to someday tho. What is the best material wire to use? I only vape for flavor. No clouds for me. What works best

I've been using a 26/32 316 stainless Clapton wire in temp control mode on two of my three zeus tanks and it seems to work well.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    The best place for wire is Lightening Vapes on ebay
    Kbee vapes on Ebay has some great deals as well. The last batch I bought was 1000' of 36ga SS and 250' of 26ga SS and it ended up being less than $25 with shipping

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Several pages ago, there was some talk about the Crius 2. I ended up ordering one from FT and just got it yesterday. So far it seems like a really good flavor tank and easy to build. Hopefully I don't get any leaking. I've been spoiled by the leak proof zeus tanks.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    I haven't tried TC much at all. I want to someday tho. What is the best material wire to use? I only vape for flavor. No clouds for me. What works best
    I'm using a SS clapton 26x2 w/ 36ga wrap at .29 ohms. It's set at 40 watts and 450 degrees. I can chain vape with no dry hits and I'm getting a very pleasant vape. On a different juice I used it at 480 degrees with no dry hits but the extra warmth helped with that flavor. I'm new to TC and still feeling my way around it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Several pages ago, there was some talk about the Crius 2. I ended up ordering one from FT and just got it yesterday. So far it seems like a really good flavor tank and easy to build. Hopefully I don't get any leaking. I've been spoiled by the leak proof zeus tanks.
    My Crius 2 has not leaked with any rewicking. Comb without thinning the tails much and you're golden.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I personally like the Crius II more than the Nano. IMO, bottom AF gives much better flavor. My son, only vaping since last November, started off with an Engine Nano and a Battlestar mod. He was very happy with it until a month or so ago when we were on a weekend trip and he left his vape gear at home. Of course, I travel, even for the weekend, with a fully stocked case of extras. :) I let him use my Therion 75c and a Crius II and he was spoiled quickly. Took the Therion back but let him use a Crius II and he prefers it. He isn't as careful as I am and has had no trouble with the Crius leaking. With any bottom AF, there will be some light condensation on the top of the mod from the AF holes, but it is light and easily wiped off.

I do hope you enjoy it!

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Here it is... wired, wicked and vaping.

So what do you think of it @ricks ?

Saw you mention the zeus on another thread, so ordered one myself, did order from fasttech, so be waiting a good while, but not like I not got enough tanks already.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    So what do you think of it @ricks ?

Saw you mention the zeus on another thread, so ordered one myself, did order from fasttech, so be waiting a good while, but not like I not got enough tanks already.
    It's a nice tank. I'm experimenting with it for now.

Where does everyone have the coil on theirs? Is it high or low, closer to the base...

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Mine is kinda low. My thought is to have the airflow slots cover the whole coil.

If you have your coil perfectly covered by the AF then you don't have to insist of keeping your coil parallel to the AF posts. You can improve Zeus performance further by tweaking your coil at an angle and align it such that it is in the line of the juice holes (as much as possible). Shorter and less bending wick sure gives better result.

Last edited:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I personally like the Crius II more than the Nano. IMO, bottom AF gives much better flavor. My son, only vaping since last November, started off with an Engine Nano and a Battlestar mod. He was very happy with it until a month or so ago when we were on a weekend trip and he left his vape gear at home. Of course, I travel, even for the weekend, with a fully stocked case of extras. :) I let him use my Therion 75c and a Crius II and he was spoiled quickly. Took the Therion back but let him use a Crius II and he prefers it. He isn't as careful as I am and has had no trouble with the Crius leaking. With any bottom AF, there will be some light condensation on the top of the mod from the AF holes, but it is light and easily wiped off.

I do hope you enjoy it!

I agree many bottom AF tanks are good in flavor production but they can't out perform Zeus very much.
    Except for plugging a coil, so far, Zeus is the best in all other aspects: refilling, wicking, anti-dry-hit, leak proof and what not.
    The only thing that upset me is the disregard manufacturer - Geekvape. They simply don't care about the needs of Zeus users: No additional color version, no bigger tank ... nothing! Just nothing!:-x

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I agree many bottom AF tanks are good in flavor production but they can't out perform Zeus very much.
    Except for plugging a coil, so far, Zeus is the best in all other aspects: refilling, wicking, anti-dry-hit, leak proof and what not.
    The only thing that upset me is the disregard manufacturer - Geekvape. They simply don't care about the needs of Zeus users: No additional color version, no bigger tank ... nothing! Just nothing!:-x

There is a place in the vape world for all of us. The Zeus is my least favorite tank of the ones in my vape drawer. I own that and don't think less of any Zeus owner for loving the tank. ;)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    There is a place in the vape world for all of us. The Zeus is my least favorite tank. I own that and don't think less of any Zeus owner for loving the tank. ;)
    If you decide that your neglected and unloved Zeus needs a home you just let me know.
    :D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I completely agree with @PJReid !

I picked up the Zeus to live on my Aegis mod, I wanted a single coil RTA that I could run in the 60W range and it fit the bill. Would have been great in a 6ml or 8ml size, but it's still better than the 3.5ml capacity that most single coil attys are these days. I'm constantly filling the OG Ammit, it vapes just as good as the Zeus but the tank is too small.

At the end of the day, the Zeus is a good tank, but it really can't compare to the Aromamizer Plus' I run as daily carries. That's not really a fair comparison, but if I lost the Zeus it would not be replaced and I already have replacement Plus'.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Ok, I took out the Clapton to do some experimenting and put in a 2.5mm 7 wrap kanthal. I want to try everything I can to see what the Zeus is capable of. I really like this tank. I'm trying the coil high and low, spaced and tight.

I love getting a new tank to play with.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread