GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
strange isn't it?
What's great is the flexibility of vaping.
I smoked only menthol cigs for 17 years and I love menthol e liquid.
In fact it is my preferred flavor: simple menthol.

vaping is the "to each their own" method of quitting smoking. And that is exactly why it works.

3 weeks in with the Zues and it is still my most satisfying vape purchase to date. :vapor:

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I traded a spare Zeus to a guy who works at my local vape shop. He called me today and asked if I could give him some tips on how to build it because he just couldn't get flavor from it the way I do from mine. This is the guy who sold me my first starter kit and he's calling me asking for advice!

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Interesting

Many, many thanks for sharing that!

They don't have the Zeus listed but I just spoke with someone at the company and he said that they do offer a bubble tank for the Zeus. Once I have some details I'll share them.

Last edited:

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana

Attachments

• series one chart FRESHEST.jpg
    series one chart FRESHEST.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • series three chart FRESHEST.jpg
    series three chart FRESHEST.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • series two chart revised FRESHEST.jpg
    series two chart revised FRESHEST.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sweet find on the bubble tanks!

I was pondering a way to get the face centered between the tank posts. If the deck posts are press fit onto the base they should be able to be rotated a little.

Or just put a bubble tank on it and forget all about that face issue. :D

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Sweet find on the bubble tanks!

I was pondering a way to get the face centered between the tank posts. If the deck posts are press fit onto the base they should be able to be rotated a little.

Or just put a bubble tank on it and forget all about that face issue. :D

Come on, Zeus face is blocked by the metal structure, hoe can turning the glass tank change that?:nah:

Reactions: KC0YNU

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well then you guys are the lucky ones.
Those tanks screwed down tight?
Heart has two Zeus and she measured the chimneys and found there was a slight variation between them. Probably accounts for the face thing as well as some other issues popping up. QC, they got in a hurry.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Heart has two Zeus and she measured the chimneys and found there was a slight variation between them. Probably accounts for the face thing as well as some other issues popping up. QC, they got in a hurry.
Interesting, the chimney is not threaded though. It's free spinning until the post tops go into the cutouts. I don't see how a slight variation in length could affect the position of the face.

The only thing I can see controlling it is the position of the posts on the deck.

My Zeus face was partially blocked once... I just took the base off and turned the bell a little and it fixed it. It has always been centered all the other times. I need to see how it stays centered.
I have full faith in your diagnosis, as you were the first to get the Merlin's base apart.

I'm hoping the Zeus' posts are pressed onto the deck and not machined.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Well then you guys are the lucky ones.
Those tanks screwed down tight?
Yes but I can turn mine slightly. Once it's screwed down on my mod I hold the top section (where the airflow holes are) and turn it. The base doesn't move and the glass and columns inside move while the chimney with the Zeus logo stays in place. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread