GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Glass isn't turning, the chimney does. Works on mine.
If the chimney can turns by itself how can you screw it to the base?
Have you forgotten that the two AF posts? If they are in the designed position (being inserted into the two holes) then the position of chimney is fixed (relative to the deck - thus the base)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Man... you are unscrewing the chamber from the base by turning that way. Anyway, Zeus's base has a lot of thread that is why you never have leak.
I don't go too far with turning it. At most a half a turn, but like you said, Zeus's base has a lot of thread. Never had a leak. (knocking on wood)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Doesnt work for me.
Try taking the tank off of the mod. hold it upside down like you are going to remove the deck from the tank. hold the base still and slowly twist like you are trying to seperate the deck from the rest of the tank. do the glass and columns with the word "zeus" rotate while the chimney and deck stay still?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
@Letitia,
You are right! The chimney can be turned with respect to to the metal structure that holds the glass tank. I have try that with the base unscrewed, I can correct the position of the Zeus handsome face so that it won't be blocked

BUT

When I put back the base, the 2 AF posts will grabs the chamber and when tightening the base, I am again turning the chimney with respect to the tank structure. So, every time Zeus face will end up at the same position when the base is fully tighten. i.e. if it is being blocked, it always will. (and vise versa)

@Walter Sobchak
You are indeed screwing and unscrewing the base from the other part the tank.
do the glass and columns with the word "zeus" rotate while the chimney and deck stay still?
With the 2 AF posts in the holes designed for them, Zeus face is fixed relative to the base. It doesn't matter whether you grabs the glass tank then turn the base OR you grab the base then turn the glass tank, they are logically 2 different actions but physically identical.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
@Letitia,
You are right! The chimney can be turned with respect to to the metal structure that holds the glass tank. I have try that with the base unscrewed, I can correct the position of the Zeus handsome face so that it won't be blocked

BUT

When I put back the base, the 2 AF posts will grabs the chamber and when tightening the base, I am again turning the chimney with respect to the tank structure. So, every time Zeus face will end up at the same position when the base is fully tighten. i.e. if it is being blocked, it always will. (and vise versa)

@Walter Sobchak
You are indeed screwing and unscrewing the base from the other part the tank.

With the 2 AF posts in the holes designed for them, Zeus face is fixed relative to the base. It doesn't matter whether you grabs the glass tank then turn the base OR you grab the base then turn the glass tank, they are logically 2 different actions but physically identical.
If nothing else it gave me an excuse to upload a vaping related video to youtube.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Thanks for the video Randy! :thumbs:

For me, a tight assembly trumps a centered logo. The loose tank would bother me more than the offset. I believe the only way to properly fix this it to rotate the posts on the base.
I agree. TBH the only time I actually bother with it is when I see that someone is upset because the logo is never lined up. I like to center mine, share a pic and act like "what is everyone talking about? mine is always centered". I usually have a vapeband that covers most of the glass so I cant see the logo anyway

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I agree. TBH the only time I actually bother with it is when I see that someone is upset because the logo is never lined up. I like to center mine, share a pic and act like "what is everyone talking about? mine is always centered". I usually have a vapeband that covers most of the glass so I cant see the logo anyway
I never liked those vape bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread