Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
It might be better for those who prefer big AF (and intensive flavor) like me.

In a way, I always use 4mm coil (sometime 5mm coil), that makes Themis even more attractive to me... is my liking kind of sick?:(
I think the lack of air feed from under the coil on the Themis will produce less flavor and vapor. Air coming from under a coil gives it 100%. Side only will lose some flavor.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I know I'm in the minority here but I cannot foreee moving on from the Zeus for sometime.

As this is my first rta it has opened up a new realm of possibilities that will take me sometime to fully exhaust.
First rta will do that for you.

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
I know I'm in the minority here but I cannot foreee moving on from the Zeus for sometime.

As this is my first RTA it has opened up a new realm of possibilities that will take me sometime to fully exhaust.

Just wait. You will get the bug and want to experiment, and once that happens you will look back in 3 months and wonder how you could spend $50,000 on RTAs... o.0

Reactions: hittman

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I think the lack of air feed from under the coil on the Themis will produce less flavor and vapor. Air coming from under a coil gives it 100%. Side only will lose some flavor.

You install mesh wire, not coil, in a mesh edition Themis.
It is like a metallic net that holds your wick from the above and thus there is no heating from the bottom. In this case, I don't think direct bottom AF is a good idea - you will get dry hit pretty soon.

Take the example of OBS Engine Nano which solely works on side AF - it has very good flavor and can be cloudy if you open the AF fully. Trust me bro, it is not "the direction of AF" but "the coverage of heating area by the AF" that matters! :sneaky:

In fact Zeus has no direct bottom AF too, but it is the best RTA so far for you and me, right? :toast:

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Just wait. You will get the bug and want to experiment, and once that happens you will look back in 3 months and wonder how you could spend $50,000 on RTAs... o.0
2 kids, one heading to college in the fall, says no to that kind of spending. But that doesn' keep me from looking. :2c:;)

With clear liquid I'm finding my wicks are lasting several weeks.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Is it odd to get almost a month out of one wicking?

From experience my coils used to last upward of 3 months with modest watts and average 7 mls per day. Looks like long lasting cotton is continuing.
I find that I need to replace my cotton wick after 5 refills on my tanks. My flavor weakens on the 5th refill.

Reactions: KC0YNU

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I find that I need to replace my cotton wick after 5 refills on my tanks. My flavor weakens on the 5th refill.
Gotcha.

I'm not complaining at all. And I havnt noticed any drop in flavor. I refill at half empty always. I never let the tank get low. I plan on rewicking this weekend just cause.

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread