GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
Alright @Letitia I have had this Nano Engine for 24 hours now, and the flavor isn't quite as good as the Zeus. Give me your words of wisdom on what you would use as a coil (I have 24 and 26g kanthal, and 24g SS316, no claptons or anything like that yet), what size ID you use, what ohm it should be reading, and what you typically vape it at. Help me Letitia Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Alright @Letitia I have had this Nano Engine for 24 hours now, and the flavor isn't quite as good as the Zeus. Give me your words of wisdom on what you would use as a coil (I have 24 and 26g kanthal, and 24g SS316, no claptons or anything like that yet), what size ID you use, what ohm it should be reading, and what you typically vape it at. Help me Letitia Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. :D
I would use a two or three wire twist 3mm 5-7 wraps. Only you can determine what your sweet spot Ω is. Mine is .25-.5Ω depending on build. You might try a parallel build as well. Took me a few builds/wicks over about 2 weeks to find my happy place with the Nano. I place coil close to posts at center of post height. My coil whether contact or spaced it close to the same width as af slot. My wicks are thinned and cut to where the tails just tuck into juice holes. Some people place cotton in the small af hole behind post. I tried it and af was a bit too restricted for me, flavor was only marginally better imo. Since you like a tighter draw I would recommend you plug it and give it a shot. Might also try a 3.5-4mm coil for added restriction. It can take a good sized coil. @ricks build/ wicks his differently, he started a great Nano thread. Maybe he will chime in.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Maybe some sweet and kind US citizen would order one for you and mail it to you.;)
That would be very, very generous. :wub:

I wouldn't get one now just on principal, there is no need of charging that kind of money for an international order on a piece of plastic. I didn't get one of the Provari blems when they were on sale because of the $30 shipping charge, but that was FedEx 2 day to your door, not USPS...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That would be very, very generous. :wub:

I wouldn't get one now just on principal, there is no need of charging that kind of money for an international order on a piece of plastic. I didn't get one of the Provari blems when they were on sale because of the $30 shipping charge, but that was FedEx 2 day to your door, not USPS...
Principles are attractive but not as pretty. Just sayin'...

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Those Zeus bubble tanks are $25.99 USD to ship to Canada... :facepalm:

I hate people that gouge for shipping...
The company I work for gets great discounts from UPS. an overnight business envelope that would normally cost $24 to ship costs us $7. If you'd like I can check to see what it would cost for me to ship it to you. If it makes since $ wise then you can order a tank, have it shipped to me and then I'll send it to you. Let me know if you are interested and I'll check with UPS

DoudouJack

Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a newly happy possessor of a Zeus. Flavor is great, amount of vapor is great as well, I only have one pretty annoying issue with it... Every time I fill the tank again, first thing to say is I feel there is a liquid overload on the coil, but most annoying is that I get lots of burning micro drops of liquid coming out for the long time. It hurts so much but I keep on going then everything is fine until next fill...
I use cotton bacon v2, fused clapton 26/32 5 wraps tight. Same with the premade coils that come in the box. I do not experience this with my other RTAs. Any idea on how to avoid this?
Thanks!

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
Hey guys, I'm a newly happy possessor of a Zeus. Flavor is great, amount of vapor is great as well, I only have one pretty annoying issue with it... Every time I fill the tank again, first thing to say is I feel there is a liquid overload on the coil, but most annoying is that I get lots of burning micro drops of liquid coming out for the long time. It hurts so much but I keep on going then everything is fine until next fill...
I use cotton bacon v2, fused clapton 26/32 5 wraps tight. Same with the premade coils that come in the box. I do not experience this with my other RTAs. Any idea on how to avoid this?
Thanks!

The tails are thinned out just a little to much. The Zeus is a hard taskmaster to find that perfect wick. Add a bit more cotton next time and it should clear up your issue.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks!
Play with your wicks and don't overfill.

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2017
Apex, NC USA
Still testing the nano. BUT...

Flavor wise, I think the nano just barely outperforms the Zeus by a hair
Cloud wise, I think the zeus is better
Airflow wise, the zeus is much better

I am still going to keep the nano in the daily rotation, and I love the tank, but I think the zeus is edging out the nano by about .5% IMHO. Granted, it might be because I have had the zeus for longer and am more used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread