GEM - RTA by markbugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just gonna leave this here, seeing as so many people on other threads have liked it.
Thought I'd help my ECF compatriots organize their gear!
$25 at Target. Looks like the same price online.
Comes in a white option too.
They also have a clear acrylic thing that is very similar.

223c02c97cbfeb3884744b66c71965ef.jpg

eea2df4474febe7ed8e9d8e5d5014a39.jpg

I love this thing!
So many mod stands out there use these weird rounded pieces and they look like old dining room furniture. I like the clean, square lines of this one.
The drawer fits all my build gear perfectly!

Found the link:

http://m.target.com/p/threshold-magnetized-stackable-vanity-organizer/-/A-50333359

Clear acrylic version, if someone should be partial to that look:

http://m.target.com/p/us-acrylic-co...|mwebpdph2|viewed_bought|mwebpdph2|49180526|0

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Anyone have any experience ordering from Mr. MB directly?
Via email, and PayPal, I ordered an accessory, but the tracking number hasn't moved in almost two weeks.
Package is heading to CA, so I get that registered mail from Romania may be slow...but not Fasstech slow!
It can be. I ordered a couple of replacement glass tanks and I seem to remember it took a couple of weeks to get to Nevada. For accessories he uses a slower postal speed than his premium products. Hang in there.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It can be. I ordered a couple of replacement glass tanks and I seem to remember it took a couple of weeks to get to Nevada. For accessories he uses a slower postal speed than his premium products. Hang in there.
Alrighty then!

I'll sit tight!

I just wasn't expecting it to take so long, and I guess I feel entitled to faster shipping, based on experience with other vendors.

Reactions: scotdc

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Alrighty then!

I'll sit tight!

I just wasn't expecting it to take so long, and I guess I feel entitled to faster shipping, based on experience with other vendors.
Well, in typical USPS fashion, I find a little orange paper in my mail box yesterday...

Says my package is being held at the post office, because it requires signature.

No date written. So who knows how long it's been there???
The Romanian site hasn't moved from "Processing" and USPS tracking shows that the tracking number can't even be found.

:facepalm:

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, in typical USPS fashion, I find a little orange paper in my mail box yesterday...

Says my package is being held at the post office, because it requires signature.

No date written. So who knows how long it's been there???
The Romanian site hasn't moved from "Processing" and USPS tracking shows that the tracking number can't even be found.

:facepalm:
Always use https://www.17track.net/en for tracking your postal packages.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well yesterday I found out why my tracking number from MB never updated, and still has not.

I went to the post office, with my little orange notice, and told them I was picking up a package.

The lady brings it out, and I proceed to tell her that the tracking number never even updated, and "How weird is that?"...
She laughs and agrees. Then she looks at the post stamps on the package and says "Oh wow!"

She points out the fact that they received the package on the 16th, which sounds right...but then she notices that the package was shipped on the 16th!!!
This means that it was shipped and delivered in ONE DAY!
I didn't think it was possible, so I had her double check.
She asked another postal worker, and he confirmed it.
It was delivered so fast, that the tracking page still hasn't updated!!!
How is that even possible???

(Also, the delivery slip said signature needed, but the lady at the counter said it didn't need a signature...so why the heck didn't they just put it in my mailbox to begin with? Hahaha)

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Well yesterday I found out why my tracking number from MB never updated, and still has not.

I went to the post office, with my little orange notice, and told them I was picking up a package.

The lady brings it out, and I proceed to tell her that the tracking number never even updated, and "How weird is that?"...
She laughs and agrees. Then she looks at the post stamps on the package and says "Oh wow!"

She points out the fact that they received the package on the 16th, which sounds right...but then she notices that the package was shipped on the 16th!!!
This means that it was shipped and delivered in ONE DAY!
I didn't think it was possible, so I had her double check.
She asked another postal worker, and he confirmed it.
It was delivered so fast, that the tracking page still hasn't updated!!!
How is that even possible???

(Also, the delivery slip said signature needed, but the lady at the counter said it didn't need a signature...so why the heck didn't they just put it in my mailbox to begin with? Hahaha)

Your post office may be different than mine, but here in Chicago the postal service lies about delivery dates all the time. I think it's their way of pretending that stuff was delivered on time, so the higher ups don't notice. Regardless, every now and then I have to complain about packages that claim to be delivered and weren't, then magically show up after I complain.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I came up with a neat way to fill that reduces the initial overflow.
When filling, the pressure from the liquid being filled forces some excess liquid to sip into the coil via juice hole at the bottom. This produces the initial overflow that requires "upside down" initial drain.

Next time, try blocking the main chimney hole next to the fill hole with a finger and fill the tank while it is still covered. Theory was that, if I maintain the pressure inside the chimney, all pressures are vented via opposite filling hole and juice isn't sipped into the chamber at the bottom.
I tried this filling method a dozen time so far and it almost eliminates the overflow. When I flip the tank upside down, nothing comes out and even the initial vape isn't gurgling.

For a long term solution, I am thinking about making a seal by using a thin rod and add few o-rings at the tip (big enough to seal the chimney). Since the drip tip hole is wider than the chimney, I can insert the rod before taking the top cap off. After filling, I can put the top cap on with the rod still in place. Flip the tank upside down and take the rod out. Reason for taking the rod out upside down is, extraction of rod will create a negative pressure inside the chamber and pull the juice in.

If this works out, MB can make these and either sell them separately as accessory or include them in future tanks. Should be fairly simple to make.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I came up with a neat way to fill that reduces the initial overflow.
When filling, the pressure from the liquid being filled forces some excess liquid to sip into the coil via juice hole at the bottom. This produces the initial overflow that requires "upside down" initial drain.

Next time, try blocking the main chimney hole next to the fill hole with a finger and fill the tank while it is still covered. Theory was that, if I maintain the pressure inside the chimney, all pressures are vented via opposite filling hole and juice isn't sipped into the chamber at the bottom.
I tried this filling method a dozen time so far and it almost eliminates the overflow. When I flip the tank upside down, nothing comes out and even the initial vape isn't gurgling.

For a long term solution, I am thinking about making a seal by using a thin rod and add few o-rings at the tip (big enough to seal the chimney). Since the drip tip hole is wider than the chimney, I can insert the rod before taking the top cap off. After filling, I can put the top cap on with the rod still in place. Flip the tank upside down and take the rod out. Reason for taking the rod out upside down is, extraction of rod will create a negative pressure inside the chamber and pull the juice in.

If this works out, MB can make these and either sell them separately as accessory or include them in future tanks. Should be fairly simple to make.
Well, this device will be considered a tobacco product, and will need approval of the FDA to be sold or marketed to US citizens.

Reactions: qorax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread