GEM - RTA by markbugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzzy

Jan 8, 2016
Getting an ultrasonic cleaner in a couple of days. Taste bud's geting weird these days requiring me to change juice every few days instead of going through a whole 30 ML then changing to another juice. Certainly do not have the time to manually clean it part by part every 1-2 days.
Tried putting difference juices in other tanks but none can give me the satisfaction the gem gives. Which leaves me no choice but to clean it really often or get an ultrasonic cleaner.
Is it safe to dissemble the gem and throw all parts into an ultrasonic. Any risk of coating peeling off? Any parts that I should exclude? example: pyrex glass, 510 pin, rebuildable deck, o-rings etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...Any parts that I should exclude? example: pyrex glass, 510 pin, rebuildable deck, o-rings etc.
You've covered them all. Yes, those parts shouldn't be put into the U/S cleaner IMHO. And btw, when you don't put them in - where's left the need for a U/S Cleaner? ;)

Reactions: Blizzzy

Blizzzy

Jan 8, 2016
You've covered them all. Yes, those parts shouldn't be put into the U/S cleaner IMHO. And btw, when you don't put them in - where's left the need for a U/S Cleaner? ;)

Thanks for the reply Q. I'm curious as to why those parts cannot be used with a U/S. I've seen Youtube videos where reviewers dismantle and dump full parts including the pyrex and coils into the U/S and it came out without issues.

Reason I asked here is because the GEM has a coloured coating and a unique rebuildable deck. Hope you can help clarify.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the reply Q. I'm curious as to why those parts cannot be used with a U/S. I've seen Youtube videos where reviewers dismantle and dump full parts including the pyrex and coils into the U/S and it came out without issues.

Reason I asked here is because the GEM has a coloured coating and a unique rebuildable deck. Hope you can help clarify.
Those sound waves penetrate deep. They have a tendency to loosen things up. Remember - the white Peek insulator is press fit into the deck bottom. O-rings are a known no no. The glass tube could crack if there are any imperfections in it (the reason why many precious stones are avoided into an U/S cleaner).

Reactions: Blizzzy

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
image.jpeg
Just ordered a Gem II at the recommendation of @distortoblotto to use in this beast.

Thanks @qorax for your YouTube information. I am relatively new to tanks, have never had a quality tank, pretty much squonk 95% of the time and know very well the quality of @mark78 squonk products.

Pretty excited to get this tank and I'm thinking it will increase my tank usage.

Might even have to do a video on it :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
View attachment 544801 Just ordered a Gem II at the recommendation of @distortoblotto to use in this beast.

Thanks @qorax for your YouTube information. I am relatively new to tanks, have never had a quality tank, pretty much squonk 95% of the time and know very well the quality of @mark78 squonk products.

Pretty excited to get this tank and I'm thinking it will increase my tank usage.

Might even have to do a video on it :)
Congrats SxD!

Reactions: xtreme101

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Congrats SxD!
Thank you brother. Your vids Have gotten me even more pumped man. You have a great enthusiasm for the product and I like how you radiate that in your vid. I think it's one of the first times in my life a you tube vid has made me powerless in a decision lol.

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
View attachment 545458
Loving this bad boy. @distortoblotto guided me to 2mm ID. Very smooth vape and surprised at how efficiently this tank produces. 13 watts and it's perfect for nice deep lung hit.

Quality and ease of build is top.
Nice looking build there superXdrifter. I am a new member here but have read lots of old threads, and you and Qoraxhave both been very helpful -along with both you guys' videos too, so thanks and do know that there are people out there that never subscribe, join forum, etc but do watch/read your stuff and learn and enjoy!!

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
I will also be receiving an ultrasonic cleaner in a few days- havent read up on them too much yet but i was thinking that every single part of an RTA could be put in one and effectively, safely cleaned

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I will also be receiving an ultrasonic cleaner in a few days- havent read up on them too much yet but i was thinking that every single part of an RTA could be put in one and effectively, safely cleaned
Not rubber parts like O-rings, gaskets etc. And glass can be put - but if it has any imperfections (even if its edges are not polished well) avoidance is wise.

Reactions: HootOwl

HootOwl

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2016
Indiana
I had this feeling I was doing something wrong that one time I put the SS GEM in the ultrasonic.

R
Did the US cleaner seem to do a good job tho ? As Q pointed out, a guy will to proceed with caution at first, but I'm hopeful that many of the passages, nooks, crannies, surface pores etc. that could hold residue or grime or dirt or juice or whatever will get cleaned out good.... and effortlessly. I bet in some cases, our flavor or throat hit is slightly off, whether noticeable or not, due to some tiny foreign particles somewhere in there.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Did the US cleaner seem to do a good job tho ? As Q pointed out, a guy will to proceed with caution at first, but I'm hopeful that many of the passages, nooks, crannies, surface pores etc. that could hold residue or grime or dirt or juice or whatever will get cleaned out good.... and effortlessly. I bet in some cases, our flavor or throat hit is slightly off, whether noticeable or not, due to some tiny foreign particles somewhere in there.

Oh, it came out very clean.
Now I'll have to take the o-rings off.. :(

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread