Status
Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Stupid question, but why is cotton annoying you?

It doesn't wick as perfectly as I'd like it to.. and gets dark and nasty looking after just a couple days. Part of the reason for that is I've been using really crappy 100% VG local juice, (got better stuff on the way). Regardless, while cotton still might work "fine", if Rayon's better for the purposes of wicking, why not use it instead?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
It doesn't wick as perfectly as I'd like it to.. and gets dark and nasty looking after just a couple days. Part of the reason for that is I've been using really crappy 100% VG local juice, (got better stuff on the way). Regardless, while cotton still might work "fine", if Rayon's better for the purposes of wicking, why not use it instead?

I"m good with using it, just was curious, nothing more.

Reactions: 7sixtwo

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    if you purchase it from Salley's Beauty Supply you have to be a card carrying cosmetologist. I was able to get my supply from Salley's because my sister is a cosmetologist.
    Must be the Ohio Sally's.
    I had no problem buying it. No questions asked...:thumb:
    A cosmetologist may get a discount though.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    I"m good with using it, just was curious, nothing more.

I understood. I didn't mean my response to seem "agitated" or "ornery" or anything. I was just trying to explain my thinking on the subject. :) I only have ~6 organic cotton pads left, so I'm glad I learned about Rayon, (gracias Baditude), before buying any more cotton in bulk. I'll spend the money on 40' of Rayon instead, (should last me a year or so I figure).

Reactions: Baditude

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    I understood. I didn't mean my response to seem "agitated" or "ornery" or anything. I was just trying to explain my thinking on the subject. :) I only have ~6 organic cotton pads left, so I'm glad I learned about Rayon, (gracias Baditude), before buying any more cotton in bulk. I'll spend the money on 40' of Rayon instead, (should last me a year or so I figure).

It's all good! I'm going to start a convo with you anyway, about another topic I want your opinion on.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Must be the Ohio Sally's.
    I had no problem buying it. No questions asked...:thumb:
    A cosmetologist may get a discount though.

Bought mine at an Ohio Sally's and it was no problem. I even have some sort of card at Sally's that gets me a discount and coupons. I thought you had to be a registered cosmetologist, to get the card but they told me anyone can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread