General Question on Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Dennewitz

Apr 9, 2018
So I have a 40MM Mason Dumptank rta. A local shop was selling HOGS, v1s. The owner was saying something about 1 off or something, so in my eyes clone. I went online and saw they were anywhere between 39.99-69.99 plus shipping. I bought it from him for $89.99 because he gave me 1 year warranty.

So here is whats throwing me off. The V1 clones about 90% of them were sent with Plastic Buttons. My button is very nice and Metal. Also the color I got I cant find in a V1 clone. I did find it in a V2. So Im just kinda thrown off as far as what model is it after.

Ive attached a pic, I do know it is a clone though bc the LEDs are red not green.

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd have a hard tine telling for sure, I'm sorry, I don't know that tank.

However, if you are concerned it is a clone, perhaps you can return to the vendor and ask for proof/verification that it ISN'T. He should be able to show you a wholesale purchase order or something. I don't know that this would be 100% verification, he may have ordered clones afterward, but really, unless someone knows that tank very well and can spot discrepancies (which is entirely possible) that might offer you peace of mind. I have never run into clones when I've bought B&M, but honestly, sometimes nothing would surprise me.

Best of luck figuring it out!

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In my limited experience with clones, you may find it nearly impossible to determine who made your mod. You were aware when you purchased it that is was a clone. That ship has sailed.

Clone manufacturers or resalers often don't advertise that what they are selling is a clone. Some may believe that it is not to their benefit to say so.

My only advice would be to Google search both versions to determine who may be selling them. You might also use Google Images to see if you can find your version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread