Generic ce4 clearo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
OK, this is my first thread in the grown-up forum, so forgive my ignorance! I'm still a new at this!
So, I got this ce4 clearo from vape Dudes, and nowhere do I see that it's an eGo, but I didn't check until afterwards. *blush* I'm a lil impulsive. In any case, filled it to the top line and waited the recommended 1-2 minutes (More like 30-40 min. I got distracted. :p). Attached it to my Apollo vtube using an adapter, and the first two puffs were awesome! Lots of vapor, clean flavor (unlike with cartos); awesome. Then after that, I got that horrible burnt taste. I let it sit for a while longer, then same thing. Is the actual eGo brand more reliable, if this is just a generic? Am I doing something wrong? I'm at 4.5 volts here on my vtube. I'm not sure how to embed links, so here goes nothin'...
Graduated CE4

zephyree

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
chapel hill
zephyree.tumblr.com
I'm new too. But I have essentially the same ce4 that you do (I think).
I find it works perfectly well at the lowest setting on my eGo twist. Which is 3.2 volts! So you might be burning it too hot. I have cranked the voltage up to about 4 without much burning (I think?), but I found it to be fine at low voltages and see no reason to risk burning it hot.

Clean the heck outta that thing, dry it, and start again at a much lower voltage. See if that don't work better for ya. Best of luck!

tater_salad

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
New york
It really depends on the resistance (it's not listed on their site) but the generally accepted rule is Resistance+2v +/- .2
SO if it was 1.8 you'd want to vape between 3.6 to 4.0 (3.8 +/- .2)
If you go to far outside that general rule you'll burn up your juice / vaporizer (Atty, carto)
I can't find the chart but there's a very nice graph out there somehwere that shows safe vaping voltages..

Those are CE4+ style as a CE4 is a bottom coil. Microcig makes a CE4+ and Vision ego was the aka 'Stardust'
They are basically the same, heck there are so many knocksoffs, it's hard to tell who made what nowadays.
As mentioned voltage is a matter of taste, I adjust the volts to obtain optimal flavor for maximum performance.
Depending on the resistance of the CE4+ and it's ability to wick to your vape pace will depend on your vape style and voltage.
These devices have a 'Tilt-2-Vape' unwritten law as to keep juice going to the atty head as much as possible.
There is a Clearomizer Section now and you can get more info there.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
Thx for the feedback, guys! I did try vaping at a lower voltage, but the burnt taste was still there. I ordered another "knockoff" and it performed perfectly at 4.5 volts. The resistance was 2.5-2.9 ohms, which is my preferred range. I do have some 1.7 ohm cartos, which I haven't tried yet, but as far as these clearos go, everyone always seems to be sold out of the lower resistance. So anyway, I guess it depends on the quality of the knockoff. I tried something; after the initial one or two nice draws, when it would start to burn, I removed the clearo and just puffed on it until I could hear the ejuice bubbling in the center, then reattached it, and it worked perfectly. But I find I have to do it every time it's been sitting for a while. So I ordered more of the one that works like a charm. As for the stardust, they seem so hard to find! So many sites are sold out of them! I did find one site that had them, and I'm going to try those.
I'm still trying to navigate myself around this forum, so I never know where to post anything!
Thx again for the help, all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread