The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Genesis and rayon help

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by vapero, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapero

vapero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    I just got my first Genesis and haven't had luck with it... Just a few good vapes and then dry
    I know how to build rdas and kayfuns
    How much rayon into the hole?

By the way I'm using a kraken single coil 26k at .7 ohms

2. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    You need to tilt a genesis to keep the liquid in contact with the wick at the deck. Also I find that I have to leave the fill hole open to allow air flow into the tank.

3. vapero

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    I think my wicks are too tight on the hole..
    Even with tilting upside down I doesn't re saturate

4. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I don't have a kraken. I make my coil smaller than the wick hole. That way the wick will be smaller than the hole as well.

5. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Keep the wick relatively loose and dont forget to tilt. It cant wick fast enough if kept vertical unless you only take 1 or 2 hits a day.

6. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
    I've used Japenese cotton wicks in my gennies without any problems but those were RSST's which have a 3+ mil wick hole. That said I prefer #400-500 SS Mesh over SS Rope never have any wicking issues. Trick to taste is proper oxidation of SS materials. I will post some Youtube tutorials latter on building gennies with SS Mesh,cable and cotton-cotton should apply to Rayon with maybe slight adjustment

7. snow blind

snow blind Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    Would be interested in this. Been going back and forth between SS mesh and japanese cotton.

8. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
  9. vapero

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    I gave up and tried mesh for the first time, working good but not dripper/rayon good and I've already dumped a lot of juice on this, I'll watch those vids and give it a go on a few days

10. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    syringe - not waste :D

I've only done one cotton wick, but it worked great. Actually the first time I could use a Genny with the wick hole on top, not bottom.

That was also an RSST.

11. Tbev

Tbev Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    Your wick is too tight, it should have room to breath in the hole, I stuffed mine too thick the first time I did a genny with rayon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.