Genesis Maxi Cracked Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
So I bought some juice (RootBeer Float) and I didn't know that they were highly acidic or citrus, and it cracked my genesis maxi. It isn't too bad of a crack, but I did like to get this repaired/replaced. Therefore, I was just wondering whether is there anyway to repair/replace this cracked tank with a stainless steel one, or else get a replacement tank for it? I did some research that a Siam Tank can do this (it is 28mm long, but the one on my Maxi is 30mm, some say it is possible) but I am not so sure how to do this and some say I have to replace the insulator at the poles or something like that, and I'm really confused at the moment.

I really love this Genesis Maxi, it is one of my favorite toys. I hope I can get it repaired soon and thank you so much for the help in advance :)

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
This has been here unanswered for a few days, so it looks like no vets know the answer. I sure don't, but I would recommend posting this in the forum for tank problems, and see what they say there:

Tank Issues

I've not heard of root beer causing cracking problems, but I don't know what is used for the flavoring. It might be you do need to go with a steel tube tank, or a glass one.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread