Genny Fam.... Can we talk about the NextGen?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Because your traditional genny w a vertical wick (DiD, Doc Daves, Lines, Agas)--you can remove the wick, dry-burn the coil, clean the wick.

I did not use alot of mesh when i built my NextGen devices. Still, tho--i could not get the coils as clean.

Did not mean any offence to you, or intend to 'hijack' your thread. I do value the NG as 'to-go' rigs, and will prolly resume using them this summer. They are really innovative, and i say this with all sincerity.

With that said--the brass nut screws down. If your wire is exerting a force of tension in the opposite direction--the nut will become loose. Clone or genuine.

Peace--GC, aka DBCooper
didn't think you were hijacking my thread, man! I appreciate your insight!

I dunno. I just haven't ever had the nut loosen, and I use it every day, over and over and over.

Anyway, don't misread me. I'm glad you responded :)

Reactions: GrowthCurve

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I did nothing but gennys for 2 years solid and honestly don't think that was the case. Now what it may have been was just the oxidation in general. Shortly after I stopped doing gennys, the pulse method got popular but I never tried it. I seen where you just inserted the unoxidized wick and pulse it , so just the area under the coil was oxidized. Maybe with that method, you don't get the back wash , which then darkens juice. I used to oxidize the entire wick but didn't over handle it. Also it could of been that I didn't fill the wick hole with enough wick. The thing then was to keep a nice air space between wick and wick hole and maybe all the vaporized juice and such got down into the tank?

After years and years of vaping gennies, only recently (past 3-4 months) did I become a SS cable purist (with mesh sleeves up top, of course).

Prior to this, when using mesh, I definitely noticed darkening of the juice in the earlier days and a funking-up of the taste. I relate to your post in many ways there. This was, however, ameliorated when I began to oxidize only the portion of the wick that the coil came into contact with. As soon as I began leaving the lower 2/3rds of the coil un-oxidized, the problem stopped. And I do not experience it with cable at all, not once.

I have a friend who vehemently swears by the method that when he creates wicks, they stick into the tank only 2-4mm and thus when he naturally tilts the mod to hit it, wicking takes place without issue. His claim is that having longer wicks heats the juice in the tank unnecessarily and alters the flavor and color.

I've not noticed this with my own set ups, but his claim seems very well plausibly in my mind.

So, as to that discussion, those are my two cents...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

After years and years of vaping gennies, only recently (past 3-4 months) did I become a SS cable purist (with mesh sleeves up top, of course).

Prior to this, when using mesh, I definitely noticed darkening of the juice in the earlier days and a funking-up of the taste. I relate to your post in many ways there. This was, however, ameliorated when I began to oxidize only the portion of the wick that the coil came into contact with. As soon as I began leaving the lower 2/3rds of the coil un-oxidized, the problem stopped. And I do not experience it with cable at all, not once.

I have a friend who vehemently swears by the method that when he creates wicks, they stick into the tank only 2-4mm and thus when he naturally tilts the mod to hit it, wicking takes place without issue. His claim is that having longer wicks heats the juice in the tank unnecessarily and alters the flavor and color.

I've not noticed this with my own set ups, but his claim seems very well plausibly in my mind.

So, as to that discussion, those are my two cents...
I didn't do either that you mentioned and think your right. I always oxidized the entire wick and it went 3/4 of the way down. The long wick adding heat to juice does make sense for sure and if I decide to try some of these newer type gennys, I will do both that you mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vaya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread