Hybrid devices vs. Genesis atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
What do you all prefer? Both have their place to me, and often times I don't notice *much* of a difference in performance, but I love, love, love my hybrids. They're convenient, look oh so beautiful and all that I own perform beautifully.

To be fair, I should mention that I have a bit of a thing for iHybrid, despite the fact that the company is no longer operational. The use of silver solder to secure the center post inside the atomizer body generates a noticeably more effective vape experience to me, one that I actually 'crave,' unlike with other devices.

On any given day, I'm 10x more likely to reach for a hybrid device rather than a mod with a separate genesis atty on top.

What're your thoughts? Do we have favorites of either category (hybrids or genesis atties)? Are clones preferred, or do we have those partial to authentic devices in here as well?

Looking forward to generating a fresh discussion surrounding this for 2016 :)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Well you've opened a can of worms here...

Genesis devices are capable of Terraforming an entire planet in a matter of hours... oh, wait... wrong Genesis device.

Hybrids can be RTA (rare), Genesis, or RDAs. Today, there are hybrid topcaps, and so virtually anything with a long enough center pin can be a hybrid.

Genesis devices are also all over the map in 2016. There are the new Genesis style devices such as the Avocado and Fodi. Then you have the older devices that have really plummeted in value and cost. The Kraken, and the fact 22 come to mind.

Myself, I prefer true hybrid devices, and traditionally mesh wick Genesis devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Vaya

ECF Veteran
For the purposes of this discussion, I'm defining 'genesis' as a device using vertical mesh/ss rope wick.

I'm not including the use of hybrid conversion caps in the definition of 'hybrid' :)

RTA Hybrids, fine - but not RDA hybrids, of which I own one myself. They're still just RDA's to me, and that discussion doesn't really belong here IMO.

Lots of companies have attempted to reinvent the wheel when it comes to genesis style atomizers (thinking of the OZ-22, Origenny, etc.). Some fly, some fall. At the end of the day, what worked way back when works just as well as almost anything out there today, but there are some perks to be found with newer models.

Reactions: Vaslovik

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I like genisis hybrid models. True hybrids are a safe mech to use--provided that you mind your batteries limits, and use good batteries

I have Temon hybrids. I did not like the 14500 battery, since it limits what i can build.

I have Silver Dog hybrid clones. These are 18350. Same problem with small battery capacity. I use an extension tube from a Chi-You--and i can now use an 18650 battery.

I just got 510 bases for the Temon atomisers, making them stand-alone attys. I built one tonite. I really like it. Taller post than D20 DiD. So far, being really nice with my juice. 5/4 28g around a 2.5mm jig. 1.0Ω

I don't know why, but i cannot get a good vape off of the D20 DiD. The 26g is a no-go. That build cooked my juice. It's weird. I get a better vape off of the Aga Ts, which are about the same size as the D20 DiDs. I honestly think that there is just too much metal, or maybe the thickness of the deck--acting as a heat sink/crock pot for my juice.

For now--glad i have a Temon back in rotation

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I'm actually looking forward to tinkering with a BF99, Nectar, and an Avocado. I watched a tutorial on the BF99. He used a mesh u-wick. I want to mess around with u-wicks some more--and these new atties are the perfect devices for them.
Have a link by chance? Like to try a mesh u-wick in my avocado instead of rayon, have no idea how to roll a u shaped wick without kinks.

Sent with Tapatalk

Reactions: Annie56

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
For the purposes of this discussion, I'm defining 'genesis' as a device using vertical mesh/ss rope wick.

Lots of companies have attempted to reinvent the wheel when it comes to genesis style atomizers (thinking of the OZ-22, Origenny, etc.). Some fly, some fall. At the end of the day, what worked way back when works just as well as almost anything out there today, but there are some perks to be found with newer models.

I have to applaud this! Thank you, that's precisely my own thinking about it. Re-inventing the wheel is just what it amounts to. I'm happy with the back-in-the-day gennies :)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
One to avoid is the Fasttech Valkyrie. It's got a poly tank in the tube like the Magneto RSST hybrid, but 0 venting. It's a dual coil genny, and it gets HOT. Too bad it's also purty!

Speaking of, I grabbed an RSST last night.

I find I prefer tanks and mods a separate entities. I like being able to mix and match. The voltage drop does not bother me on most...

At present, I have, or have incoming, 13 Genesis tanks, no Genesis Hybrids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I tried to watch a review on the original, in German.

I have Dome clones. I do not use them. I tried to do a dual uwick build, and melted the pos pin insulator, after pulsing about 4 or 5 times.

Very, very scary. My mod got piping hot. I did not vent the battery, thank God!!

So now, i'm very mindful of the insulators. The only thing that worries me about the Genius, is what kind of insulators it has. FT one seems to come with several SS cable wicks. But you could prolly get that thing to RAWK with a dual-coil build :D

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just placed an order for an authentic copper Kraken 1.2.... can't wait! Heard so much about this atomizer over time and space....

I have two authentic Krakens and I'm quite happy with them. I like them almost as much as my DID's. I think you will be pleased with it. You can even dual coil it if you choose to go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread