Geoff-got order and some cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
Got some cards with my order this time.....NICE!

I have a question though. The back of the card says to store your liquids at 60 degrees. As I live in Texas.....we have not had 60 degrees outside for quite a while :D, I can't afford to keep my AC that low (nor do I want to), so the only option is to keep the liquids in the refrigerator. However, I have read before that we are NOT supposed to keep the liquids in the refrigerator.

How should we store these precious vials of liquid that you and your team magically make??????;);););)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Probably best to listen to me in this case bones25, I run the company and I think I have a better grasp on what I sell.

COOL and DARK place is where you want to keep liquids. The whole point of this is to inhibit bacterial growth in the liquids that would render them unusable.

We don't load our liquids up with tons of preservatives, so our liquids don't have the shelf life as most common liquids do. So, the best way of keeping your liquids from going wonky, is storing them between 50-60 degrees and in a dark place.

Warmth is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Sunlight is also a great food for bacteria that spawn from photosynthesis.

COOL AND DARK PLACE.

SalientOrange

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Texas
I also live in Texas, and there's no way it's ever 50-60 in my house during the summer. I've come to the conclusion that I need to invest in a mini-fridge which I intend to use exclusively for e-liquid.

The whole point of this is to inhibit bacterial growth in the liquids that would render them unusable.

Would there be any visible indication of bacterial growth if it did take place? Until I have a mini-fridge (A week or two from today) I have no choice but to store my juice in a dark, but warmer than recommended space.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We have TWO mini fridges specifically for storing nicotine. This would normally be bad for LONG TERM storage of nicotine, but no nicotine stays in our location long enough for that to be a worry.

If you've got a couple of liquids you'll likely use in the next month or two, a fridge that isn't super cold is a good place to store your liquids. But this isn't an optimal condition for your liquids if you're considering long term storage as the cold will render the liquid unusable over long periods of time. (beyond a few months)

SalientOrange

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Texas
...this isn't an optimal condition for your liquids if you're considering long term storage as the cold will render the liquid unusable over long periods of time. (beyond a few months)

Interesting. My house is too warm and a fridge may be too cold! :facepalm: I guess I need to just increase my intake to a level at which I don't have to worry about storage.:D

I've got to be missing an obvious solution to this.

Last edited:

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
Yep, that is what I thought.....I'm in a dilemma about this. I've got so much TV juice there is no way I will use it all in a couple of months. I guess I will just have to go for 72-74 and dark and look for cloudy liquid, then throw it out then or if it tastes bad.

We don't have basements here and my only other option is the fridge or freezer.

Geoff, I appreciate your response. You run a top notch business!

SalientOrange

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Texas
If you are going to buy a mini fridge just for e-liquids, consider a wine refrigerator. Their temperature range is around 40-70.

Nice price range, too. Target, Sub-Zero

:facepalm: Duh! I think I have a little old 6 or 8 bottle wine fridge stashed away somewhere! Digital temp. controls FTW! Thanks Poeia for poking a dormant little nugget of my memory!

We have TWO mini fridges specifically for storing nicotine. This would normally be bad for LONG TERM storage of nicotine, but no nicotine stays in our location long enough for that to be a worry.

If you've got a couple of liquids you'll likely use in the next month or two, a fridge that isn't super cold is a good place to store your liquids. But this isn't an optimal condition for your liquids if you're considering long term storage as the cold will render the liquid unusable over long periods of time. (beyond a few months)

Hey Geoff, I get the cool and dark to inhibit bacterial growth, but what happens to the liquid at prolonged 45 F storage (in the fridge)? Do some of the ingredients precipitate? Can this be reversed? I would prefer that over spoiled juice!!

Thanks for great juices!!

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
If you are going to buy a mini fridge just for e-liquids, consider a wine refrigerator. Their temperature range is around 40-70.

Nice price range, too. Target, Sub-Zero

That's exactly what I was going to do. I have a 20 bottles wine refrigirator. I'm not using it actually because I don't have enough space, but when I'll move to my new appartment (next month), it'll be the only place I'll store my juice (oh yeah, along with some bottles of wine... :2cool: ).

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Geoff. As you may know, liquids arrive in our mail boxes hot as HELL. we have no control over the fact that USPS keeps our packages in hot trucks for hours and hours at a time (me, I get my mail at 5pm most days so that's 8 hours in 90 degree weather) doesn't that render the liquid useless right off the bat then??

Maybe that would be a good reason to have a P.O. Box.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
radicaljd said:
Maybe that would be a good reason to have a P.O. Box.
What would getting a P.O. box change?? I meet my mailman at 4:30-5:00 pm every day and it's still baking hot, I wasn't saying that it sits in my mailbox for 8 hours. It's hot right off the truck, and hot on every other truck it's been on before it gets in my hands. And even if I did get a P.O. box, aren't they just more secure/safer?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
What would getting a P.O. box change?? I meet my mailman at 4:30-5:00 pm every day and it's still baking hot, I wasn't saying that it sits in my mailbox for 8 hours. It's hot right off the truck, and hot on every other truck it's been on before it gets in my hands. And even if I did get a P.O. box, aren't they just more secure/safer?
If your PO Box is in the post office, your liquid wouldn't spend the day in the hot truck. It would arrive at your local post office and be popped in your box.

Anyway, I assume it's like milk deliveries. Milk is delivered to my grocery store in a refrigerated truck. When it gets there, cases of it are taken out and put on the sidewalk. Then they figure out which cases are going into this grocery store and those are put on a hand cart. Then the store manager comes out and they check the invoice. Once that is done, the cases that aren't for this store are put back in the truck and the others are wheeled over to the dairy section. They are taken off the hand cart and left in front of the refrigerated case for half an hour or so before they are put in. Finally I, the shopper, pick up a bottle and put it in my non-refrigerated cart. I wander around the store for a while, completing my shopping. Then I check out, take it home and put it in the fridge.

In an ideal world, milk is refrigerated from the moment it pasteurized until it is poured into my coffee. Yet somehow it's always fine at least until the date on the bottle.
In an ideal world, e-liquid would be in a dark, non-humid 60 degree container from the moment Tasty Vapor makes it until you vape it. Fortunately there seems to be some wiggle room and it can withstand quite a few hours being hot.

BetterBob

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Sarasota, Florida - USA
I'm pretty sure the key term here is "storage".

It takes 2-3 days for it to get from him to you (or at least me). Stuff is not going to hit the fan if the liquid is above preferred temp for a short amount of time.

But you want to minimize the risk if possible by keeping your stored liquid close to the stated environment if you are storing it for a long period of time.

I keep mine in a dark closet specifically for my e-cig stuff, and i keep my house around 70F at all times(pretty frigid for Florida). Is it the best? No, but it's as close as i can reasonably come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread