Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Excellent. We've always called this tobacco harm reduction. If only this is can be done globally it would be a miracle.

I think about where we were just 3 or 4 short years ago. It was hard to even see something of this caliber being viewed. I do believe that eventually it will come to pass, being recognized as a viable alternative and embraced by more and more 'Health' organizations. Unfortunately, will it come too late? How many people are being turned off of possibly using a harm reduction tool because of the lies and misinformation that is being spread maliciously? Those are the people I am concerned with.

How many of the Anti's were in the audience? Were any there and did they start to think in a different way? Did this message get to those that need to hear it?

I really hope so.
first couple comments I get when strangers see me vaping is... "those things blow up" or those things are worse than cigarettes" sad how much false/ misinformation is out there. sooo many people could benefit greatly but are scared to try because of the propaganda! sad...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Great lecture and Kudos to Smokey Joe and the ECF! :toast:

I've been vaping since 2012 because of all the great advice received from this forum.

What she said! I've been vaping since 2009--it would never have happened without the ECF and the help and support I have found here. Thanks, @SmokeyJoe.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
first couple comments I get when strangers see me vaping is... "those things blow up" or those things are worse than cigarettes" sad how much false/ misinformation is out there. sooo many people could benefit greatly but are scared to try because of the propaganda! sad...
Yes. The propaganda is fierce and effective. Maybe if tobacco caused HIV we would have had a better chance.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Great talk. Got me wondering... is Zac Goldsmith importing Marlboro IQOS heat sticks for himself??
Great talk. Got me wondering... is Zac Goldsmith importing Marlboro IQOS heat sticks for himself??
Apparently "a friend in Italy sends them to him". Sure did get iQos a lot of press, given that he's in the running for Mayor of London right now.

GivingUp

Apr 15, 2016
Apparently "a friend in Italy sends them to him". Sure did get iQos a lot of press, given that he's in the running for Mayor of London right now.

Thought as much. I have heard good things about the iQOS experience but I just hope even more generic, convenient tobacco vaporization solutions become available so heat-not-burn doesn't get completely owned by the big tobacco companies. While I know the feelings about tobacco on ecf, it is pertinent to the youtube talk that harm reduction should be a priority and tobacco vaporization (or heat-not-burn) is a part of this.

In my case, I use tobacco blended by an independent UK tobacco manufacturer.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

And the fourth component is really endorsing what is going on and removing obstacles...

It's important that the government endorses what is going on...
It's important that the media get it right...
And the fact that they aren't, and they aren't, is exactly why we're here today.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Okay, I've watched the whole thing.
And I've sent it to all the people on my "list" of people who need to hear.

This is the best thing I have seen.
And it is the first thing I have ever seen that makes me feel that we will prevail.

I know a lot of people think we will prevail, but I was not one of them.
Now, perhaps, I can see it happening.

But we need a WHOLE LOT MORE of this.
:thumb:

Cyatis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Stratford, Wisconsin
Many people win. We win one day at a time. Those days add up to weeks, months, and years without smoking. Those years add up to stories you can share. I have been free from smoking over five years. Many have come before me. Many more hopefully will follow me. The evidence grows against those who want to prevent those who want to quit from doing so. I still will take my victories one day at a time. I have shared what I have learned with others who hopefully will do the same. Those with reasonable information grows in number every day. Someday we may all prevail, though it will be a struggle to begin with. It may or may not happen in my generation, though in time it is hard to deny the truth. The truth will not change just because people want it to.

Vapediscountfinder

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 22, 2016
www.myvapors.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Vapediscountfinder

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 22, 2016
www.myvapors.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thank You for posting the Video Joe. I enjoyed it very much. Slowly WE are making inroads and progress with movers and shakers that actually care about the average persons quality of life. I just hope that more minds can be changed to our way of thinking before too many more ignorant laws are passed. Thank You again Joe, not only for the video, but for this forum, It has changed my life for the better.

SmokeyJoe; thanks for sharing.

I hope to live to see the day when a similar lecture is held in Cairo, Egypt!

The percentage of tobacco smokers in Egypt is so high and so many lives are at risk and the efforts are so limited because Vaping is still considered illegal and banned!

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
SmokeyJoe; thanks for sharing.

I hope to live to see the day when a similar lecture is held in Cairo, Egypt!

The percentage of tobacco smokers in Egypt is so high and so many lives are at risk and the efforts are so limited because Vaping is still considered illegal and banned!

Vaping is banned while smoking is ok? Wow, that's messed up!

ChuckMichigan

Apr 17, 2016
Michigan, USA
Following on from my post last week on the NEJM article , I thought this might interest ECFers - it's a lecture given last week by Professor Gerry Stimson on Harm Reduction, E-Cigarettes and the historical achievements in harm reduction in the UK.

It's a great lecture, and a really important historical perspective which should give Public Health great pause in their railing against vaping.

Thanks for posting this. Very informative and enlightening.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Yep, there is a few.
Too few.
But growing.
And anything that debunks all that junk science still floating around needs to be spread.

Same with a fella in the German speaking area . Got invited as expert to panel hearings an various legal and petitioning proceedings in Austria and Germany regarding vaping.
ANTZ scared s...less now of him, cuz he made short work of their bs science.

He is also very outspoken, said in a hearing once that he finds it morally repulsive that people were actually sitting down and working a legislation that would - indirectly - consign a great number of other people to an early death..

His credentials are easier to spell, too ... professor for toxicology and pharmacology at Graz University, Austria.

So any voice that confirms what we - the 'we' is just a few million walking, living and breathing anecdotal evidences aka vapers - already know, needs to amplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread