Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I got my subtank mini about a week ago.I loved it and still do but I just don't get what I'm doing wrong it looks like I have the peek insulator... I just am getting a cotton/burnt taste it's the coil that was already pre-built on the rba and I'm just threading it.but I've try almost all of the Japanese cotton and still nothing gross taste please help! [ View attachment 411354

Try rayon.......:)

bkkdaytrader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Thailand
I've got 3 minis and went straight to the rba--- I use 80vga/20pga and about 5% saline solution

I use my stanfdard kf build 28g 2.5 7-8 wraps and use shiseido cotton

I follow rip trippers advice to back the wick away from the juice hole and so far have 0 issues---vapes as good or better than my kflites

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Please elaborate on the modification you've made. Size drill bit and such. Thanks!

Sent from the dust in front of you!
I can't find the size on the bit.
I have a box full of bits, I just started digging til I found one that was snug then found one that was a hair bigger. Put it in the press and just free handed it from there. I was at the point I didn't care if I ruined it cause I wasn't happy with it anyway.
Sorry for the lack of info but I just kinda wing my way thru life. :)

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Yes. The juice holes and channels are a flawed design. There are videos on disassembling and rebuilding the OCC coils that came with your atty. On the regular sized sub, the juice holes are 3MM. You can drive a train through them[emoji33] The RBA section is useless. Maybe someone has posted a solution but I'm not taking tools to it when you can rebuild the OCC coil. Here is a pic of a rebuild I did.
ca64922c5b000c2965df69c31b07a722.jpg

Where's the top portion of the OCC coil?

Let's hear some details on that rebuild? Looks to be 10+ winds of???

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Where's the top portion of the OCC coil?

Let's hear some details on that rebuild? Looks to be 10+ winds of???
11/10, 24g Gplat, 3mmID to match the Mongo wick holes. 1.4ohms. Top cap of the head went on after I photo bombed it. Wicked with a fatty cloud of Koh Gen Do. This wick is so clean and saturates on contact. I smashed 15 mls of Grants VC at 20 watts for 2 days on it. Vape was incredible.
5572af063c9c87bb5ba278fa6a20829e.jpg

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Wicking the Mini RBA is the tricky part, mostly to do with the limited room for wicking material.

I built mine several times before getting it to wick well. I wick mine "bunny ear" style making certain to keep the tails fluffy/not compacted in the liquid wells.

Covering the liquid holes in the Mini does not seem to work, so I take a small screw driver or pick and push the wick in center of each side back towards the coil to expose the liquid hole on each side. It doesn't have to be pushed much, just enough so that you can see the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread