get rid of taste after self-cleaning cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCamelUser

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Jersey Shore
www.rjponzio.com
Is there any possible way to get my atty back? The horrible metallic aftertaste will not leave my atty after it went into that self-cleaning cycle thing. I searched here for a solution to this specific problem and didn't see anything. Maybe I am searching the wrong words.. I tried "self clean" and "cleaning cycle" and not much about this problem came up. It was only after watching Spikey's intro to vaping video that I realized what had happened to my atty.

I was just driving home from work one day, one puff was fine, next puff was HORRIBLE. If other drivers were watching me, they would be very confused why I was making that disgusted face! I can not even describe the taste, although I am sure I don't have to around here...

I tried hot water, followed by alcohol (strongest I had was bacardi), then hot water again. Let it soak in each for half hour, and then I blew the atty out a few times after each soak. It is a little better right after the cart is freshly topped off, but still have that taste in there! I don't want to waste this atty if it's not dead yet...

So, all wise vapers, what can I do?? Is there any hope :confused:

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Drip a few drops on the atty to prime it.

This is one of many reasons that many of us do not soak our attys anymore.

Just blow them out in the future, don't soak. If it is REALLY bad, a rinse with warm (not hot) water, blow through again, then let air dry propped up on a papertowel for about an hour.

Last edited:

xCamelUser

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Jersey Shore
www.rjponzio.com
Thanks for the replies :)

Ok, I will stick to just running more juice through it. I'll just pick a strong flavor and top off often and see how it goes.

As for batteries that do not have a cleaning cycle.... where do I get them and/or how do I know if they have a cleaning cycle or not?

Right now I am using a DSE901 from MyVaporStore.com, are there batteries without the cleaning cycle that are compatible? I checked my battery and the ID by the screw looks like SLB , then BE, then a serial number... Any ideas?

xCamelUser

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Jersey Shore
www.rjponzio.com
Wait a sec... either we are miss-typing or I am now really confused... I thought it was the atty that was responsible for the auto cleaning cycle... Are you saying it's is the battery that causes this or did we both miss-type above?

I understand that a manual BATTERY is also a better policy. But, in regard to what triggers the auto cleaning cycle, that is due to old school attys... right?? Or am I missing the point here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread