Npro automatic cleaning cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

travo7

Jan 24, 2009
Lexington, KY
Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to e-smoking as well. I was a 3/4 pack a day smoker, and now I have about 1 real cig about every other day. This is all really new and exiting, and frustrating. ;) lol

Well, I've heard there are e-cigs that have "cleaning cycles" where the atomizer makes a hissing noise and the led lights up, accompanied by a rather unpleasant taste from the e-cig.

This has happened to me twice with my npro, and I thought it was going crazy.

So. I was just wondering if anybody knows "for sure" that the npro has an automatic cleaning cycle, or if this is a problem with my atomizer.

I couldn't think of losing it now that I've almost kicked real cigs for good.

Help! 8-o

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I believe that is an RN4081, exactly the same as the Puresmoker Peewee and others. If so then yes it definitely has a cleaning cycle. It's initiated by the battery, and is simply after x number of puffs, it runs the cycle. Unfortunately, if you swap between two batteries, and use them fairly consistently then it means you can have two of them happening at about the same time.

To be fair, I've not had a bad taste for long on these. I've had it happen on a pen style which retained a bad taste for a very long time, until I decided to steam clean it.

travo7

Jan 24, 2009
Lexington, KY
I believe that is an RN4081, exactly the same as the Puresmoker Peewee and others. If so then yes it definitely has a cleaning cycle. It's initiated by the battery, and is simply after x number of puffs, it runs the cycle. Unfortunately, if you swap between two batteries, and use them fairly consistently then it means you can have two of them happening at about the same time.

To be fair, I've not had a bad taste for long on these. I've had it happen on a pen style which retained a bad taste for a very long time, until I decided to steam clean it.

Hey thanks for the info. btw, I bought some liquid from puresmoker and was dripping onto the atomizer, by steve's recommendation, which was working wonderfully, I might add.

But, one time the juice started running from the airholes, and was quite messy, so I cleaned it off and it seemed to work fine, for a while.

The only problem is now it doesn't work at all. the battery lights up, but the atomizer doesn't heat up at all. I either get no smoke, a very little bit, or a normal amount. Totally unpredictable. I've had this happen with cartridges from njoy as well.

In your opinion (or anyone's for that matter) can dripping ruin an atomizer?
Or did it mess something up with the batteries?

I contacted njoy and they are sending me a new atomizer so I hope that works. I've been smoking trad smokes, and I just hate them now.

I feel like such a noob asking you all this:(

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
No probs, we were all noobs once :)

Dripping works well but you have to be careful. If you add too much liquid it can run through into the battery. This is a problem as it gunks up the pressure switch, which is in the battery.

If you've had that happen, some tips include standing the battery LED up for a while to allow the liquid to drain out. Some recommend spraying into the hole with contact cleaner.

If the atomiser is dead and no longer heats up at all, there's not much you can do about it. If its working badly following the over dripping, you can drain it by standing it battery connection side up on kitchen paper. The excess liquid should drain out over a few hours.

Often when they have lots of liquid in them you can tell as they make a bubbling noise when you use them. If this is the case, you can carry on smoking it without adding any more liquid, until hopefully performance comes back.

Finally, some people boil their atomisers to totally clean them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread