Get to know your fellow PIF'ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
wow auntie Lois, TY for sharing so much! U are an intriguing woman! I also love crystals. My mom was a spiritualist, and passed on alot of the interests to me. i have an amethyst that she got for me from an indian reservation in Hayward WI. It is very light in color, i wear it on a necklace and never take it off. I have had it for close to 20yrs now. I have also dabbled in a bunch of arts and hobbies, i get bored w/ them very quick.
Thank you all for sharing :)

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
librarising, you had a head shop?????? And what kind of energy healing?
Things you would find in a head shop that wasn't involved with paraphernalia. Indian clothing, fantasy jewelry, all types of incense burners, oil bottles, oils, rain sticks etc etc and crystals :) Packed them all into my car, etc and set out gorgeous tables with great displays..

As to energy healing, it started with hands on touch healing. I have very comforting healing hands that have eased minor pains of friends and family. I then I learned about Reiki and became a Reiki Master.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
wow auntie Lois, TY for sharing so much! U are an intriguing woman! I also love crystals. My mom was a spiritualist, and passed on alot of the interests to me. i have an amethyst that she got for me from an indian reservation in Hayward WI. It is very light in color, i wear it on a necklace and never take it off. I have had it for close to 20yrs now. I have also dabbled in a bunch of arts and hobbies, i get bored w/ them very quick.
Thank you all for sharing :)

Thank you my dear niece yssiM!!! Your mother must have been a wonderful woman to have raised another wonderful woman! You have me a bit teary here as I recently rediscovered a ruby ring my mother gifted to me and I've been wearing it since, feeling closer to her.
BTW..amethyst is a great psychic stone and it's also your protection. :)
Love you. :)

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Reiki, very interesting! I believe in the power of touch, basically. A distinct memory I have of my mother is the way she touched me (no, not that way!). Subtle things like pushing my hair out of my face, things like that. I know that back massages do wonders for me, only wish that my husband actually did them:(

Have you ever done anything for people with anxiety? I was thinking about maybe trying something like acupunture to see if it would help me at all. I know I went & got a massage once and it was so relaxing. They had this Celtic music playing in the background. Me thinks it's time for another visit!

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Reiki, very interesting! I believe in the power of touch, basically. A distinct memory I have of my mother is the way she touched me (no, not that way!). Subtle things like pushing my hair out of my face, things like that. I know that back massages do wonders for me, only wish that my husband actually did them:(

Have you ever done anything for people with anxiety? I was thinking about maybe trying something like acupunture to see if it would help me at all. I know I went & got a massage once and it was so relaxing. They had this Celtic music playing in the background. Me thinks it's time for another visit!

I have used Reiki for stress relief and it's great as is acupuncture. There is an acupuncture clinic about 10 minutes from here that is phenomenally relaxing (considering your stuck with needles --which I didn't feel). Great waterfall background music and a sliding scale of $15-$30 per visit. I fell asleep. One of my dearest friends (a massage therapist) gifted me 3 visits as part of her holiday present to me. :)

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Lois, my mom gave me a healing before i went into labor w/ my first born.. i ended up having labor over 24 hrs, and no pain meds! she had also taken away very bad headaches for me :) It is very interesting!

You're making me smile Missy, because you "get" it. One day in the future, when you can find room to breathe, I think you might be successful going down the same path. :)

well I am in Ohio, getting ready to move back to my hometown marion oh when my hubby's son gets out of collage. (ONE MONTH TO GO) Me and him don't get a long real good and he is an only child almost 21. Anyway, I have two sons 26 and 23, 4 grand kids 1,2,4,5. 2 girls and 2 boys. I am am a wedding officiate and work out of my home. Hubby works for ITT out of home also so we spend tons of time together. We love racing, nascar and drag racing. I like to fish and camp but he doesn't. LOVE spending time with my grandkids!! Vaping, gardening, and helping people so this group fits me lol. That's about it. Oh and going to topsail beach in the summer can't wait!!

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
I wonder when she found out she was pregnant.....she wrote this 12-23:lol:

Can't believe I didn't write in this yet!

I'm Brandi, will be 32 in March. I'm from Montana originally, and joined the Army when I was 17. Got good grades in high school, but was definitely a partier! My family didn't have money for me to go to college:(. I was stationed in Germany where I met my husband. Got married at 19 and still happily married today! I guess we might end up being that "childless by choice" couple. I love kids, but other peoples'! I really, really miss Montana especially because most of my family is there. Being on the east coast is still a shock to my system. I just don't get it here sometimes. A little too rushed for my taste. And I haven't really made any friends here, which sucks. Seems like a lot of people are just so superficial and I haven't found anyone that I have a lot in common with.

I've been through the struggling financial aspect for a long while after getting out of the military. Finally got a good job 7 years after I got out! I am an outside telephone tech and work around all guys. I definitely feel out of place sometimes, and feel like I have to prove myself even more. But, I love my job. Being able to drive my own work van and get outside, talk to people, and do physical work helps me and relaxes me. Also been dealing with anxiety/panic attacks. They just came on all the sudden when I turned 30. Been on meds for about a year and a half with going to psychiatrists/psychologists, blah, blah, blah. I decided to try to get off of them and have been off for about 2 weeks. I can feel my old symptoms coming back and it's scary that I can't control it.

I consider myself a definite introvert and "live inside my head" quite a bit. I'm a pretty quiet person. Must be my Pisces. Funny how a horoscope can accurately describe yourself! Always loved eccentricity and the outrageous things in life. If I was good at any artistic skill, I would love to just hole up somewhere and go crazy.

Music is a big part of my life. My mom grew up in the Beatles era and used to sing "Michelle" to me (my middle name) all the time. Hence probably why I'm a Beatles freak. I also went to high school during the grunge era and still love all the great music that came out of that period. But I found a love of classic rock, too. Led Zeppelin, Doors, Janis Joplin, Cream, Black Sabbath, etc. Also like techno (went to some good raves in Germany), classic country like Patsy Cline, 80s metal (Metallica, GnR), punk, eclectic stuff like Beck, Bjork, Cibo Matto, and recently my favorite is psychobilly. Can't get enough. My husband used to be in a punk band and he is a pretty good guitar player.

Haven't been on much lately because of a bunch of home repair stuff going on and will start painting and redoing floors tonight. Fun!

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I can't wait to go back and read all these life stories!! what a great idea (and how did I miss it??)

ME

I'm a 40 something single mom. I say 40 something because I never remember.. I have to ask my daughter every single time "How old am I?". Age truly is a state of mind, and I lost mine long ago!
I have 2 children, both the joys of my life and the cause of my gray hairs. Though my hair has been every color in the rainbow, and is currently a bit multi colored by user error. I grew up in a 'normal' household; 2 kids, dad worked full time, mom part time, we moved a LOT, so thanks to facebook, I have re-discovered many of my old friends. They are scattered across the world! I love it!
I've always been described as a bit flightly, free-spirited, artsy, and big hearted. Everyone is welcome in my life, but as I grow older I have realized that I love my solitude too (so ya better call first! haha) I looooove projects, and thanks to my dad I learned to attempt anything and everything, but never finish it, so my house is full of many various projects. Since I'm a single mom I had to learn how to do it myself (my childhood mantra was "do itself".. and that still fits). I've replaced my own dishwasher, plumbing, lighting, flooring, brakes, etc etc. If it can be done, I will do it.
I love to cook and spend most winters baking and cooking up a storm. When summer hits I love to get out and dig in the dirt (it's theraputic), we love to be as natural and earthy as possible, and I believe firmly in the 3 R's; reduce, reuse, and recycle! I've succeeded well in the latter two, and need work in the first! Pretty sparkly things tend to catch my eye, so I color my world, and each room in my house is a different color. My bathrooms and bedrooms get painted the most. Since art and crafts (my family has many artists, pro and amatuer) are a HUGE part of my life, I've converted my dining room into a full on art room. I installed extra cabinets and counters: one for me, which turned into a vaping station!.. and one for the kids. My sewing machine, embroidery machine, supplies, paints, ribbons, beads, clay, photographs, EVERYTHING and anything one could need.. it's in there. A real kid magnet. :)
Like many of you, I've struggled with some disabilities during my adult life. For some reason my bones and my muscles are breaking down. I've been diagnosed with more arthritises and muscle disorders than I care to recount. After spending nearly 15years trying to 'find out what's wrong with me' I've finally decided I need to move on to survive, and I'm attempting to accept these things. God and religion has played a big part in helping me to move on. A favorite quote of mine, hangs in my kitchen, and inspires me to continue living my life to the best of my ability. It's by Theodore Roosevelt and says "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have". That is my driving force... for without that thought, I would curl up and just feel sorry for myself. I've learned that does me no good. I don't know how I'll feel each day, nor what part of me may hurt, or if I'll even have the strength to do the most mundane things. Sometimes getting dressed, making myself something to eat, and keeping those that rely on me alive too.. those simple things can be a huge task. Then add in unbearable pain, and some days I struggle to keep going. Those are the hard days. What has that taught me..? Well, I've learned I must take EVERY bit of pleasure from the good moments, I must dive in head first, laugh loud, smile big, and enjoy the good moments in every single second for whatever feeling or joy or comfort or knowledge they may bring.. because I don't know what tomorrow holds for me.
PIF has helped me to do that, for this I am SO grateful. PIF and it's members allows me to find the joy, find the need, find the place I belong, and places that I can help. It has brought so much joy and love into my life, when I really needed it most. It's my own secret treasure.
But I digress..
Because I've moved around a lot, and met so many great people, I've been able to understand and see many different ways of living, different styles of thinking. For these reasons I love all the little things that make us human, and I consider myself lucky and blessed to be a part of this world. I look constantly for ways that I can add to the joy, and make this world a better place.
That's me in a nut shell.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Good Morning all! I was just poking around and saw a recently necro'd thread, so I figured I'd put in my 2 cents since I hope to be active in PIF (once I get more of a stash!)

I'm a 29 y/o stay at home mom of 2 boys, ages 9 and 6. My 9 year old was diagnosed with Rhabdoid Tumor of his left kidney when he was 22 months old. We went through 9 months of intense chemotherapy (Docs said "this stuff is extremely hard on adults but since the cancer is so aggressive its the only thing that has shown any chance of working" -- where any chance was a 20% chance of surviving the chemo without a relapse of the cancer they removed) as well as a few years of immediate post chemo issues with his remaining kidney. He's been officially cancer free for a year, his last time for a stay in the hospital was January of 2005. He continues to have late effects from the chemo ranging from development delay to ADHD (not sure if the latter is related to the therapy or natural, but either way its a challenge). My youngest is 6 and a smart cookie, in kindergarten but doing first grade work and has been since mid-year. Both are really creative kids, my oldest more so due to his somewhat flighty nature.
Me, I'm just an oddball. I love gaming. Started playing AD&D at 6 years old, played many pen and paper rpgs, played a few MMOs, have been playing World of Warcraft for 3 years now. I'm a bit of a loner, kinda shy, very open minded but also quite strong in what I believe is right. I'm engaged to a wonderful man who lives in Nova Scotia, I'm in Maine at the moment, so its a bit of a long distance thing but we've been together for a bit over 2 years now and still going very strong. I love to write, though I haven't quite gotten the bollocks to actually send anything out to a publisher yet. Other hobbies include knitting, music and reading. I'm pretty bland imho, a bit out in left field most of the time. I have the fashion sense of a rottweiler in a boutique and usually am mismatched in hippie/gothy clothing. That's pretty much my personality too. The mismatched part, not the rottweiler part. I tell stupid jokes to my S/O but tend to not ever put them anywhere anyone else can see them cuz usually I get blank stares.
I started smoking around 15 or 16, I don't really recall which... last couple years of high school are a bit of a haze. I quit in 2007 but started smoking again in 2009 when my I finally ditched the jerk I was married to and he turned into more of a maniac. I had been tempted to try vaping after reading something or seeing something somewhere, but it wasn't until April of this year that a fellow WoW player started talking to me about it. She happens to also be a doctor of pathology lol and she convinced me that vaping would be something I'd enjoy. So I bought a Volcano kit and started. She sent me some of her old stuff, and I dropped my analogs the day I got my kit in the mail. I've since upgraded to an Ego-T (not a good sign of money savings to come when you upgrade a month and a half in lol) and I adore vaping. My family is much happier as I grew up around smokers who have quit, but both my parents are happy and willing to be educated on what vaping is and don't give me crap about it, my mom actually comments on how good it smells and how she doesn't mind hanging out with me while I vape.
So yeah there's my long winded intro... :?: :D

LilOperaGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Reno, NV
Ok, I'll throw mine out as well :D

My name is Stephanie, or Steph, Or Lil, Or Opera. Heck,whatever you want to call me. I'm 26 years old, and getting married in a little less than 4 months (Holy cow, it's sneaking up on me FAST). I currently work from home, selling health insurance for The Hartford, which is why most days I'm always online lol No boss peeking over my shoulder to telling me not to play on my laptop :p No kids for me (yet), I've got a dog and two cats though, who are a handful sometimes. When I'm not working and vaping, I am usually either reading (I've got a HUGE library, plus over 75 books on my Kindle) or just hanging out, playing with the dog or cats. I've also been a performer for about 11 years or so,all over the Reno/Tahoe/Carson City area. Mostly Musical Theater, but I sing opera as well. I'll be in Phantom of the Opera this November in Carson City, local company, as well as I'm currently working on finishing an album (the single is on iTunes if you are curious, called "The Voice That Echoes" by The Renovation Project) as well as a solo concert I will be holding next spring, and an original show we are working on doing next April. Busy girl! I'm ALSO going back to school to finish up my degree, Business Admin, part time. Currently starting up a home business of jewelry making (Website still in progress by our lovely Sallana ;))

So that's me in a nutshell. :D

My name is Michelle, but like most, I go by chelle- even my business is named "sugar chelles" I am a 35 (maybe 36- I cant remeber half the time) year old stay at home farmer mom in a small east Texas town. I have 4 kids, 12, 11, 6 (till the 21st of this month) and 3- 3 boys and the 6 year old is a girl-

I home school, was a PTA mom while my kids were there, and now I am a 4H mom, we are active in our church, with our elderly family, and on the board of the FNRA and NWTF chapters in our town- we raise animals, for butcher and agervation- raise acres of gardens, and live a pretty normal life.
My husband of 17 years is a truck driver- he hauls oil in an 18 wheeler- He works 6 days a week, 15-17 hours a day- so basicly its me and the kids most of the time.

Our free time (Not that I ever have any) is spent shooting skeet and archery- at least 4 days a week we are shooting at something-
My house is usually a cross between 'where the red fern grows' and 'old yeller'- there is always a dog or kid making a mess, wild animals galore (that my kids brought INTO the house), or a catastrophe of some sort-
I also bake cakes on the side, custom cakes, like you see on TV.
I am a 'seriel' volunteer, everything from non profit foundations, to VBS, and fundraisers for sick friends.

I was a PAD smoker for 20 years, and am vaping non stop now- I tend to go overboard with everything- I dont just put my kids in an activity, I learn all there is to know about it and get on the board. Or I dont just learn to sew on a button, I buy a machine and learn to make the whole shirt. I like to think I am laid back and quiet, but general consensus is- I am a bit hyper and bouncy- easily exciteable and slightly crazy.

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
Hmmm, I'll play. I am currently unemployed but working on writing a book. Perhaps when I gain confidence I can begin calling it a novel. I am 30 something... same as Lbug, I can never remember! 37 I think. Pretty sad huh? I have a 16 year old daughter who is totally awesome and beautiful and a husband who I married in 2001. We live in Austin. My husband is an audio engineer/actor and you can catch him in 2 episodes of 'Friday Night Lights' or the movie 'How to Eat Fried Worms'. He also got to be killed in an episode of 'In Plain Sight'. We spent a year making sketch comedy for an internet channel. I did makeup/ wardrobe, helped with some of the ideas and was in a couple of sketches. Some of them are pretty funny, some of them, not so much. In an ideal world, my husband will eventually break into the business or the sketch comedy we made will be seen by somebody who wants to do something with it. I would love to work behind the scenes with the sketch comedy group. In the meantime, we play a lot of video games and are huge film buffs. (in other words, geeks)

I grew up an Army brat so I've lived in lots of different places. I went to 11 different elementary schools. Moving around so much as a child has had negative and positive impacts on my personality. I spent a lot of time in Germany and would love to live in Europe again. I think my formative years were spent there and it feels more like home than anywhere else. I don't have a 'home' of my own in the traditional sense so I would love to find someplace that felt like I belonged there. Once my daughter graduates high school (in two years!) we are planning on moving to L.A. We would have been there long ago but I was insistent that my daughter went to the same schools her entire life instead of being constantly displaced like I was. I wanted her to have life long friends and roots. Hopefully, I made the right decision!

We are both crazy liberals according to our right leaning relatives, which is no easy task in Texas! We are not religious... I spent my entire childhood and teen years having religion crammed down my throat and decided as a young adult, when I began thinking for myself, that it is not for me. My husbands story is similar. We both constantly take grief from our parents over that. I'm apparently raising my child wrong.

Hmm... what else? Oh - I have 4 parrots and a cat. The parrots are a lot of fun and I love them dearly, though they can be difficult and taxing at times. For anybody who is curious, 4 parrots is too many parrots! The cat is a cat. She sleeps a lot and begs for treats in her spare time.

Started smoking when I was 12 and "cool" and have been vaping since late December. I am thrilled to have found this community. You have all taught me so much, not just about vaping, but about human kindness and generosity! Thanks for having me! : )

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Hi there, I'm Vicki.
Age nearly 53.
<------I know! Look at that face! Hard to believe!

Widow (stupid cancer), no kids. Love kittycats, lost both my elderly kitties last year (one to stupid cancer, one to just plain old OLD).Receptionist at a law firm. Trying to vape my way off analogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread