The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Get What You Pay For..?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by State Of Zen, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. State Of Zen

State Of Zen Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado
    Hi all. Quick question. I went to the link below and saw that they sell juices considerably cheaper than other sites. While most sites sell 15ml bottles of juice for around $15.00 USD, this site sells 30ml bottles for less than $10.00 USD. Has anyone ordered from them before? Also, should the HUGE price difference be a red flag? Thanks in advance.

Eliquid | Eliquids |E-Liquid 30ML | Eliquid 30 ML | L-Liquids Usa | E liquids

2. oh u mad

oh u mad Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    cali
    yes, 9 out of 10 times... a dirt cheap price usually equals average to below average juice

3. skyztheLynnit

skyztheLynnit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Why?

10 for the win

4. Miarose

Miarose Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    mbv is also this low, and people love it.

5. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 20, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    i assume that site will sell you basic ejuice ....i doubt it will be completely awful because making an average to decent ejuice isn't very hard...

as far as your perception here of 15$ for 15ml some places charge more than that and some less...even at quality sites. Ahlusion and Backwoods Brew sell 30 ml for about 16-17$ which is what about 55 cents per ml?

i'd put ahlusion as my top rated vendor even over much more costly ones and bwb second

6. ubergeek922

ubergeek922 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Cincinnati
    It's all about trial and error, and what tastes good to you. There are some 555s I love which are dirt cheap, but still a great taste to me. For the site you mentioned, I would be more concerned about the lack of negative reviews. A quick search and I couldn't find any bad ones. Any reputable site will allow good and bad reviews because many times a bad review is as helpful as a good review.

7. oh u mad

oh u mad Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    cali
    i don't think i've ever tried a juice that tastes great and was <$10/30ml

8. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Juice is just so subjective. Nothing wrong with trying that juice, especially if it is cheap! If you don't like MBV, try MOV or HHV (both about 60 cents a ml). They are by far my favorite two suppliers of Tobacco flavors. From what limited selections I have tried from Ahlusion, they are pretty darn strong, too. So the advice to try them is good as well.

From HHV (steep for 10 days, two with caps off, shake the bottle each day, make sure during the cap off time you pop the bubble at the top of the bottle that can keep it from breathing)
    Dragon's Fire
    Huntsman or Dark Horse (they are similar, if you like one, most likely you will like the other)
    Legend

MOV (ready to vape when you get them, and they ship very fast)
    Southern Gentleman
    Sunday Morning
    Apache

The MOV are "dirty" juices which require me to change coils every 8-10 mls. Apache maybe even more frequently. But a very unique flavor.
    The HHV juices are clean and I switch coils perhaps every 20-30 mls.

Good luck and happy vaping!

9. MrPloom

MrPloom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2013
    chicago
    Without proper research buying juice is like playing roulette.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

10. State Of Zen

Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado
    When you say "switch coils", are you referring to cleaning the liquid tank with the two coils in it?

11. EddardinWinter

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Nope, I mean switching coils in a Protank or Evod or other clearomizer. What are you using for an atomizer?

12. State Of Zen

Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado
  13. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX
    My advice is to buy some flavors that you know you will vape even if they are so/so and reorder if you think are getting a great value. :2c:

As another has said, MBV and a few others offer a solid product at those prices so it can be done.

Also, if they're good, get back to us. :toast:

14. State Of Zen

Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado
    Will do! Also, what is MBV ???

15. EddardinWinter

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    that have a 510 threaded connection to the battery? The site did not say...

16. EddardinWinter

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
  17. orson

orson Senior Member ECF Veteran

I know I'm in the minority and will probably catch some flack but I don't see how any company is charging what MBV does for liquids and making them safely in a clean facility at those kind of prices.

I just can't see how there's money at $.20 a milliliter to pay for the ingredients, packaging, labor and still have some left over to invest in your facility and business to insure high quality, cleanliness and safety.

Not to mention their list of tank crackers is longer than most vendors' entire juice list.

I could be completely wrong on this, but it's just my opinion and why I won't buy from companies that charge less than about $17 per 30ml.

18. State Of Zen

Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado
    It came with 2 atomizers, but I wouldn't know the first thing about replacement coils or how to replace them (so I guess the answer is no lol), as I'm new to the whole e-cig thing.

19. Bryan lord

Bryan lord Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2013
    Ct
    MBV=mt baker vapor. A very cheap, very popular juice vendor that has many fans and many haters. Judge for yourself, it's cheap enough.

-Lord

20. EddardinWinter

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Okay, well the replacement atomizers have coils in them. You will need some more at some point if you keep using those. When you are ready to get a different device, check out this site for options on atomizers, maybe a Protank or something like that with replacement coils, which cost about 2 bucks each, whereas those you have there seem to be 20 bucks per atomizer, which is pretty outrageous. You could get a Protank for less than that...and it comes with two replacement coils when you get the tank.

I am unfamiliar with that brand you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.