Getting a Reo Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wharfrat71

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Dallas TX
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Reo room. Tonight I ordered a Reo Grand. I'm pretty excited. I have been using A Provari for the past 5 months and it works great but I feel like I don't get the best taste from my juices with cartos and especially the clearos out there.

I have read that you can use a carto on the Reo but wouldn't that be like using a carto tank?

I hope I enjoy the Reo. I got the silver vein. Looks pretty cool to me.

Anyway hi everybody! Hope those of you in New England are digging out and staying warm!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Reo room. Tonight I ordered a Reo Grand. I'm pretty excited. I have been using A Provari for the past 5 months and it works great but I feel like I don't get the best taste from my juices with cartos and especially the clearos out there.

I have read that you can use a carto on the Reo but wouldn't that be like using a carto tank?

I hope I enjoy the Reo. I got the silver vein. Looks pretty cool to me.

Anyway hi everybody! Hope those of you in New England are digging out and staying warm!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome wharfrat. Hey, you should bounce on over to the REOS MODS forum. Much more activity there. Not ignoring this awesome moment for you, just not many people go to this forum. You are going to love your REO boss. You can still use your proscary to check ohms too, but that'll probably be all you want to do with it once you wrap your hands around that REO. Peace.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm looking to try a bottom feeder myself. I love Atties for flavor and they last a long time usually. I'm here to learn which atty is used most successfully with Reo or bottom feeders in general. It's big commitment to bottom feeding vaping. Should go well given all the Reo fans.

Faylool,

I just started to use a hornet RBA. Purchased them indyvapor.com. The BF option is for REO's. Their ERA (a slightly larger hornet) doesnt fit on my REO minis thats why I got the hornets. It is my first forray into RBA's and so far it has gone great. With some reading on the reosmods forum, looking at a bunch of pictures and a little common sense i have been able to effectively blow Smoktech 1.7 ohm supershort coils out of the water with my builds. I run 4-5 wraps of Kanthal A1 wire for the coil and roll up wick out of sterile USP rolled cotton and pull it thru the coil after it has been attached to the RBA.

There are other less expensive RBA's out there, but I heard so many great things on here about the hornet that I had to get one. Then I got another (over the course of a week). I can honestly say that unless i lose both of these hornets, i will never use a carto again, and if I did, it would only be until I could restock on an RBA and a backup.

PM me if I can assist ya in any way. Peace.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I recently got a Phoenix clone rba as recommended for beginners and it's true about the vapor being better. So good in fact I made myself nauseated from too much nic at once hitting my first working right 3.00 ohm because I got 7-8 big hits in a row unlike my usual attomizer type hits. I baby stepped and bought replacement premades but for a first timer it is worth the learning experience. I learned the coils could be springy which helped less tentative about stretching the whole bit to evenly space them. Checking the ohm on a ohm checker and having a target that has been already met by some premakers and to learn the wick can be looser or how it should be. It cut the fumbles to about 1/2 and so...good move. I'm no longer intimidated and believe me I really was. I even had to rant about how my dad had big brains and then there was me....ha ha. Im wanting the reo 18500 v 2.1 because the edges are rounded. To save $20 on a used one seems silly.
I didn't understand BF option is for Reos. But like I don't see ohhhh bottom feeder options....right because the Phoenix isn't one. I was just gonna say I don't see the Phoenix working. See....a little dense. And nobody answered me before to make the light turn on. They'd just say the name of what they used . Tell me if I m wrong about the Phoenix or say the ego-l type being just plain wrong because the way they are built...or so called drip atty? Early AM not fully a wake. I saw a wood mod by brad Gruss bottom feeder with a generous button to skoink instead of seeing a plastic bottle through a hole. Kinda pretty and I went to Pyrex tank/carto right away. So there will be banana, cinnamon and like that to worry about. Weird because I leave the liquid in plastic if it comes that way. Since it hasn't melted it. Ok I'll remember your I. D. And see you around. I may just get the hornet too. I have a brass (mortar) mechanical I want to find a special rba for and then there are the tank RBAs too. I'll end up trying since I've had the did clone for 3 months now! Never out of the box!

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Welcome wharfrat. Hey, you should bounce on over to the REOS MODS forum. Much more activity there. Not ignoring this awesome moment for you, just not many people go to this forum. You are going to love your REO boss. You can still use your proscary to check ohms too, but that'll probably be all you want to do with it once you wrap your hands around that REO. Peace.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

I didn't find a Reos mods forum scrolling thru all after selection Forum option. I should do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread