Getting an e-Go battery is an LED display screen... Is this site legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I'm really into the idea of getting replacement batteries with an LED screen that show how much power is left in the battery and have a counter of how many puffs have been taken.

There is one on smokeforpennys that according to ECF was a little "iffy" if they are trustworthy or not. So I hunted for another at a good price and has a 6-month warranty. Sounded like a "too good to be true" scenario so ta da! Here I am trying to find out more about them. If anyone has used them before, or it just seems completely shady and I should back off and a wait a month or two for a more reputable vendor to stock them. Thanks everybody who takes the time to check it out and give me some valuable feedback.

1PC Battery eGo LCD 900mAh Black with blue LED Battery eGo+ 900mAh Black with blue LED [eGo LCD bat-900] - $14.30 : ECIGFAIR, ORDER DIRECT FROM FACTORY

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
This is not a genuine ego. Joye ego's do not have an led display. It seems that ego is being used as a generic term for anything ego-like. Even if it says ego or ego-T on the batt, it's no guarantee. I only got fooled once ego imitations, and I got 3 batts that didn't work properly. I had to send them to China for replacement, and I got the package back in the mail saying it had been refused.

IMHO, you are taking a big chance. In addition, this vendor is not an approved forum supplier. Your 6 month guarantee means that you'll have to send it back to China, on your dime.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
$14 isn't a terrible price to pay for something that looks that good and has a 6 month warranty. If you have to send it to China for warranty replacement, the shipping could be an issue.

I like the volt/puff display. If it's anything close to an Ego or Riva, then it should be fine. It's still a gamble, though. What the heck ... if it lasts 6 months, it will probably go a year easy. Then again, it might die on day 2 and get refused when you ship it back.

ETA: Shipping to and from the USA to China is $20.80. That raises the price to about $35 initially and another $20.80 if it needs warranty replacement. I'll pass. Scroll down and click "shipping and returns".

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The first thing it says about it is "Battery eGo LCD?00mAh "

If they don't know what mah the battery is, that's a bad sign. If they known but don't want to say, that's a bad sign.

If you get this, what battery charger do you use? I've heard that you should only use eGo batteries with eGo battery chargers or you risk ruining the battery. I'm not sure I'd trust this battery on my eGo battery charger, and if you don't use one you already have, then you have to buy a battery charger from them.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
If you don't care about the puff counter, the Firefly eGo-Style batteries from liberty-flights are pretty good. They have a color-changing LED ring to signify batt life. Blue until 75%, then Green to 50%, then Yellow til 25%, then Red from 25% to dead.

I do have one that's not acting right, I need to e-mail LF and get a replacement (It'll go from blue to red in almost no time, or will go from blue to blinking at me that it's dead, then fire again, and a bunch of other stuff)

The other cool bonus is 5x click turns it into a flashlight and doesn't fire off the atty, so it's pocket safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread