Getting discouraged....please ease my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Reveen. I remember responding to your first thread & your enthusiasm was great, so I'm pretty bummed to hear that you're having problems. Keep on trucking bud. Everyone is different, as is are our experiences & reactions while vaping. I didn't have issues with my throat, but my lips became extremely dry & started cracking the first few weeks I started vaping; it was really painful. It took a good 3 weeks for my body to adjust from smoke to vapor, & I'm sure the humectant effect didn't help any, but I got over it and can vape without issue. I do drink a lot of fluids to ensure I stay hydrated.

You're on the right track trying different juices, & I'm optimistic that it will pass. We got your back man!

Side note, how do you like those LR tanks?

DarthVper

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Fort Meade, MD
Yep I'm the exception that proves the rule. Any VG juices to me taste 'off' at 30% or so, and taste awful at 50%, and I can't even stand the smell of anything 30% or over anyhow. The same juice, same vendor at 0-10% and it's alright - well I might not like the flavor depending on what it is but at least it wont make me feel ill or physically react to it.

Reveen

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
Hey Reveen. I remember responding to your first thread & your enthusiasm was great, so I'm pretty bummed to hear that you're having problems. Keep on trucking bud. Everyone is different, as is are our experiences & reactions while vaping. I didn't have issues with my throat, but my lips became extremely dry & started cracking the first few weeks I started vaping; it was really painful. It took a good 3 weeks for my body to adjust from smoke to vapor, & I'm sure the humectant effect didn't help any, but I got over it and can vape without issue. I do drink a lot of fluids to ensure I stay hydrated.
You're on the right track trying different juices, & I'm optimistic that it will pass. We got your back man!

Side note, how do you like those LR tanks?

Believe me, I'm still enthusiastic!! I'm just bummed that I'm not enjoying the vape experience as much as I know I can/will (hopefully). I guess I'm just a little impatient and want to start vaping for pleasure and not just necessity like I am now. For some good news though, I'm still analog-free and can't ever see myself going back. The smell is kinda nauseating to me now.

My lips have been dry at points, but luckily my wife is a Burts Bee's FIEND and we have lip balm in every room of the house! Also, I've always been a huge water drinker, so the staying hydrated part is no problem for me. I just take drinks more often now to keep my mouth/throat moist. Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate you guys/gals helping me out and providing valuable info to a newbie vaper.

I haven't cracked into the LRs yet . . . I'll probably wait until my throat feels better as I've heard they produce more vapor and a stronger throat hit. I'll definitely let you know how I feel about them though!

Yep I'm the exception that proves the rule. Any VG juices to me taste 'off' at 30% or so, and taste awful at 50%, and I can't even stand the smell of anything 30% or over anyhow. The same juice, same vendor at 0-10% and it's alright - well I might not like the flavor depending on what it is but at least it wont make me feel ill or physically react to it.

Wow, that is strange! I can't even tell a difference in taste between PG/VG. You must have some super taste buds. I'm glad you pretty much know exactly what works for you, and exactly what you like. I hope to get to that point someday.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I may know why your getting a sore throat . You said your vaping bobas bounty right ? You are vaping tobacco juices which to me are much more harsh on the throat . I to get a sore throat for some of my tobacco juices . Try vaping a juice like mrs.t's snickerdoodle cookies (soothes my throat actually )or like bakery type juices and see if it goes away . Tobacco juices sometimes also give me a tickle in my throat like bwb casablanca or ccv black and mild . Sometimes even Boba's . I did not have any tobacco juices when i started but i bet if i did i would have got a sore throat easier from it .

Also try to use it in a carto like a boge sR . Sometimes dripping in a atty can be a little harsh if your new . If you are using a atty you might be getting a little burning or primer burning off causing a sore throat . This is the case even more so on a LR atty because it glows and burns if you hold the button for even a second too long . One way you may be able to tell if burning is the case for you is when you take a pull and feel it burn your nose slightly .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread