getting into rebuildables

Status
Not open for further replies.

djcarley

Feb 4, 2013
Ireland
So iv been vaping over a year and a half now and think its time to take the next step. At the moment I have a twist vv and bbc mega, davide and vivi nova tanks. Iv ordered some ss mesh, 30 gage wire, cotton and silica wick so I can play around with and start getting used to building coils on the setups I have.

I wanted to know will my will my ego twist be ok for starting with or do I need to buy a mod?

I was planning on getting a itaste mvp2.0 and rsst rebuildable after I master making coils on my bbcs. Would this be a good setup for a beginner or would anyone recommend something different?

You should pick up a mechanical and some good 18650's. I started rebuilding using a k-101 and a nimbus. Now I am on to a nemesis and kayfun. f9bno.jpg

Last edited:

MISTERDIEABETIC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am currently waiting on my MVP 2.0 and am also curious if I could get into RBA's/RDA's or if I should just wait until I can invest in a mechanical mod?

Depends on what resistance you plan on building them to. Definitely have some way of measuring Ω's so you know that whatever battery you're using can handle the load safely.

Sent From My Galaxy S4

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
yeah, it's something like 1.2 or 1.3 ohm, but if you get a mechanical mod and go 1 ohm or lower you want to make sure you got the correct and safest battery possible, for that you want to read Baditude's blog on batteries and there are many blogs and post that deal with rebuilding, have an ohm or multimeter and double check your builds

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
yes, that will work fine; it just wont fire if you go below 1ohm

Thought I should mention, there are a few reports over on the MVP groups of it firing at 0.8 and mine itself fired at 0.9ohms. So while it shouldn't fire, it can and does. I'd stay above 1.0.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shorestyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Richmond, BC
If you're unsure and don't mind paying a little extra, pick up a MVP and buy a cloned mech mod for cheap. Play around with both. Build lots of different coils. Use different wicking material. Find what vapes best for you. Only way to find out is experiment.

And always check your builds before using them. Safety first!

djcarley

Feb 4, 2013
Ireland
thanks guys, the reason I'm looking at a mvp 2.0 instead of a mechanical is that I work on a building site and need something that is good, durable and will take my bbc tanks for work and will also check ohms for rebuilding when I get home + the cost is 50 euros with two clearos witch is good. I would pay well over 100 euro for a mechanical mod ,battery's , charger and ohm reader.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
2ohms will give you the best range on a regulated device. I was satisfied with my boost mods and rbas for months. I only got a mechanical because I couldn't get a kayfun lite+ warm enough.

Mvp will fire 0.8ohms, but it will stay at 2.8volts.. about ~2.78volts under load. If you go mechanical and subohm, get a meter.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
djcarley:11851157 said:
thanks guys, the reason I'm looking at a mvp 2.0 instead of a mechanical is that I work on a building site and need something that is good, durable and will take my bbc tanks for work and will also check ohms for rebuilding when I get home + the cost is 50 euros with two clearos witch is good. I would pay well over 100 euro for a mechanical mod ,battery's , charger and ohm reader.

My mvp got ran over by an ecoline350 fully loaded. Frame for fire button is warped in one corner, and a scratch in two corners. It would've been worse if it didn't have a jwrap.

Phone's acting weird, so sorry if I have a lot of duplicate posts tonight.

shorestyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Richmond, BC

For what it's worth...most mech mods are just as durable if not more durable than an MVP. I have an MVP and if I were to trust dropping one from 3 stories it would be one of the mechs over the MVP. The MVP is VERY durable, don't get me wrong...the mechs can take a serious beating...

When I first starting getting into rebuildables I used my MVP. It was okay...but then when I got my first mech I was sold. All I use are mech mods now.

djcarley

Feb 4, 2013
Ireland
For what it's worth...most mech mods are just as durable if not more durable than an MVP. I have an MVP and if I were to trust dropping one from 3 stories it would be one of the mechs over the MVP. The MVP is VERY durable, don't get me wrong...the mechs can take a serious beating...

When I first starting getting into rebuildables I used my MVP. It was okay...but then when I got my first mech I was sold. All I use are mech mods now.

Yes i know this and will be getting a mech mod in the next few months but for now I think the mvp will do because of cost, plus down the line when a get a mech the mvp will do for reading ohms and ill use for work only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread